Persona 5

'Pranay

SO i finished the first castle. it took me a couple of extra days i.e 4 days. Maybe cos i was just not prepared enough.. Now i think i have just 4 or 5 days for that Kamshido reveal. Can you guys please explain what I should to do prepare for the next castle battle/infiltration so that I do not waste days.

SO i finished the first castle. it took me a couple of extra days i.e 4 days. Maybe cos i was just not prepared enough.. Now i think i have just 4 or 5 days for that Kamshido reveal. Can you guys please explain what I should to do prepare for the next castle battle/infiltration so that I do not waste days.

Do a mixture of things. Increase your confidante level as much as you can, increase your personal stats by reading, doing jobs etc and increase your level by training in mementos as well. There is no fixed answer. Just mix it up.

The most important one is to raise Tae Takemi to Rank 7, so you can buy SP Adhesive 3 from her for your party. At Rank 7 they will cost 50K each. If you can't afford it for all party members just get a couple and rotate them. The accessory basically restores 7 SP at the start of every turn for the character who has it equipped. You can see how it can extend the time you can spend in the palace.

You'll need Guts to rank her up past 2 so read books and do activities that increase guts (for example drinking coffee at the diner or watching a movie that raises guts). It's possible to do palaces early without SP Adhesive if you have a few SP restoring items but having it definitely helps.

Spend as much time as possible with Ryuji and Ann so their ranks also increase as they're the ones you'll be mostly be using in your party. This isn't as important as Takemi though.

Start Confidants that you haven't (especially Kawakami - it's a scripted sequence so you won't miss it).

Don't waste time trying to raise Sojiro's level, his progression is somewhat tied to the story.

A lot of the stuff that will happen between now and the next palace is scripted, but still try to spend as much time with Takemi as possible.

Edited by Tyler

I think we can start developing most of the confidants, stats like guts etc after the completion of the first castle and its related quest. I had five days after I got the treasure and I hardly got to do anything. WEll I guess I just have to plan my time better. Have to start working on Guts asap.

Technically the game can be completed with ease even without maxing out Confidants and stats, at least on normal. However the Confidant stories are some of the best content in the game and they unlock some really cool bonuses / abilities. I play Persona mainly for the characters and interactions, all the RPG / dungeon crawling stuff is an added bonus. These games manage to do so much with simple animations and character art, something that western games still cannot even with shiny graphics and mo-capped animations.

That said, Persona 5 has the best gameplay of the entire series. The dungeons are a massive upgrade over the previous games. I kind of feel sorry for those who play P5 first because you won't enjoy P3 and P4 much after playing this one. And they're both still fantastic games.

Edited by Tyler

^

Yup, P3 is too old at this point, and it has not aged well. With the "Tired" mechanic, the entire dungeon being situated in only 1 place of 200 something floors and frankly quite bland S.Links (along with no party S. Link), it's just too out-dated. If anyone tries to play P3, they will get bored, whether they played P5 or not.

P4 (especially Golden) is still playable and enjoyable, provided people are ready to accept procedurally generated dungeons

On another note, would like to thank Tyler for posting that confuse money exploit. Was able to max out all stats by Oct. and all confidants (non-story related ones), by December beginning on first play-through itself due to that. Spammed a lot of the Fortune readings to get it done.

Edited by roun90

I agree, P3 hasn't aged well, however P3P is still quite playable and those who look beyond superficial aspects of games can still find enjoyment in it. I'm sure those who play P5 first will definitely want more Persona after they finish it.

I also might be in the minority but I found P3's story and setting a little better (and darker) than P4. That said, P4 is a better game overall.

Edited by Tyler

The game is smooth sailing until RNG decides to *beep* you over. Still in terms of save points, retries for boss fights and overall user-friendliness this is the most accessible Persona game yet.

Now at the calling card level for palace 2.. I have one query. Can i just do other stuff like socialize, dungeon crawl in memento and wait until the last 3-4 days of deadline to finish a palace? I have quite a few days left till the deadline.

Will it have any detrimental effect?

Now at the calling card level for palace 2.. I have one query. Can i just do other stuff like socialize, dungeon crawl in memento and wait until the last 3-4 days of deadline to finish a palace? I have quite a few days left till the deadline.

Doesn't matter. Even if you beat the palace boss 10 days before, you will have to wait 10 days for the transformation of heart. So use the extra days to socialize before beating the palace boss, or after, it doesn't matter.

Yep, however, I'd suggest sending the calling card and defeating the boss as soon as you get the opportunity. Waiting until the deadline to do that can be risky if you feel the need to get stronger for the boss (although I didn't find any of of the bosses terribly hard on Normal). Still it's, best to wrap it all up quickly and enjoy the free days until the deadline.

Yep, however, I'd suggest sending the calling card and defeating the boss as soon as you get the opportunity. Waiting until the deadline to do that can be risky if you feel the need to get stronger for the boss (although I didn't find any of of the bosses terribly hard on Normal). Still it's, best to wrap it all up quickly and enjoy the free days until the deadline.

True. Get it over with as soon as possible.

Keep in mind; some palaces (Like the palace 2 you are on) require extra days (more than the standard 3). My advise is, do palace on as soon as you can. You can also try doing palaces on the first day you are free, i.e. days in which confidant ranks will not rise etc.

Once completed, the remaining days till the deadline are given to you to progress on confidants, social stats etc. The story will only progress once the deadline passes.