Shadoken

the trailer for this was insane, if this doesn't come to pc then i will get a ps4 late next year.

Bt am hopeful since it's from From Software n they are releasing stuff on pc off-late.

LOL It will never come to PC.... IP is owned by Sony not FS...

First off, P* and Fromsoft games sold pretty well for a Action RPG and HnS games. You should not compare them with AC, Tomb Raider and call them medicore. A HnS game wont sell more than 4-5 mil copies in general, even DMC4 sold like 3 mil copies. Isnt that big a CAPCOM game? Thats the capacity of market and they will put their profit goals keeping that in mind.

DS2 sold 1.2 mil retail copies(not including digital, i.e your copy :P) in 2 weeks only in NA and Eu. Thats big.

Funding from MS/Sony/Nintendo cushions the studios against the mediocre sales the game would have seen otherwise.

Funding and all is BS. you think P* wouldnt survive with nintendo funding? Any japanese company would fund them. Kadakowa already bought Fromsoft. Those companies arnt in such a dire position to go exclusive for funding.

Look at CDPR, they are new company making one of the best looking games without "funding".

Then why are they going exclusive man? You can't seriously think that all this is just their way to please the fanboys :rofl:

Souls and P* games are already big things in gaming industry. Having them exclusiveve is a big advantage for MS/sony. Look at all the guys who never played a souls game, now getting exited for a "souls exclusive game", I wont be surprised if they start calling bloodbrone best game ever now that its becoming exclusive. Making big games in the market as console exclusives, thats perfect marketing for console. First party games! everyone already knows about them, now dragging big 3rd parties for exclusives is the trend. ofc they cant get CoD or Battlefields, the best they can get are games like these.

Now a 3rd party going exclusive is a serious disadvantage to the company. Because now if P* wants to release bayonetta 3 on all consoles no one will give a sh*t. Be a 1st party or release for all platforms, thats the best way to sustain.

Yup bayonetta case is little diff think. P* isnt interested in bayonetta sequel, but due to nintendo interest in backing the game they are making. Prly nintendo wanted a HnS type games for their console. They also had NG3:RE. also trying to make Dynasty warriors type Zelda game.

I guess this game being exclusive might be a good call too, sense sony will help fromsoft like they did for demon souls.

from famitsu's miyazaki interview

- Spring 2015 release window
- They started work on this right after finishing Artorias of the Abyss, planning it for Sony's new hardware
- The world and story is completely new, and the setting takes full advantage of the PS4's capabilities
- The expected spec for the game is 30fps at 1080p
- The keywords for the game is "blood" and "beast"
- There will be melee and long range weapons (guns) this time
- Character customization is confirmed
- There will be no map display in the game
- He wants combat to not just focus on action but also the strategic element
- The combat in the game is designed to feel like a life or death struggle
- There will be online elements of some sort, and it will involve players "discovering" together

• Like 2

It's like they made a whole game out of the Tower of Latria atmosphere. Hype is through the roof for this. Absolutely digging the Victorian dark fantasy setting. The gore is a bit extreme for a spiritual successor to DeS but I think blood is to this game what souls are to the Souls game. Can't wait for a proper gameplay reveal.

Edited by Tyler

Dissapointed that this is a Sony exclusive. Which means fewer people play this game and there wont be as many people discussing about it as they did for dark souls which I've come to love. Well still got the ds2 dlc to look forward to I guess . Thanks FROM , idiots .

Dissapointed that this is a Sony exclusive. Which means fewer people play this game and there wont be as many people discussing about it as they did for dark souls which I've come to love. Well still got the ds2 dlc to look forward to I guess . Thanks FROM , idiots .

That can be said about each and every third party exclusive.

That can be said about each and every third party exclusive.

How many people played demon souls really? It was a fine game but not many people including the PlayStation owners themselves played it. Japanese people didn't even like it so much so that fool Sony exec Yoshida whatever reffered to it as a "terrible and awful" game.

It was only after namco bandai brought the next souls game (dark souls) to all 3 platforms it got appreciated by a large number of people.

How many people played demon souls really? It was a fine game but not many people including the PlayStation owners themselves played it. Japanese people didn't even like it so much so that fool Sony exec Yoshida whatever reffered to it as a "terrible and awful" game.

It was only after namco bandai brought the next souls game (dark souls) to all 3 platforms it got appreciated by a large number of people.

It was very bad in the stage where Yoshida played it...he said framerate and network issues were terrible ...it was unplayable.

Though he did agree that it was a mistake as final game turned out to be surprisingly good.