The Formula 1 Thread

MarketTantrik

Driver of the day: Pirelli :rofl: 

Weird to see ham make such an error. He never lets an opportunity like this pass by. Too bad for max. He drove a champions drive. Season’s heating up, and F1, after what feels like ages, is truly competitive. 
What the hell happened to Ferrari pace? 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, achilles said:

Weird to see ham make such an error. He never lets an opportunity like this pass by. Too bad for max. He drove a champions drive. Season’s heating up, and F1, after what feels like ages, is truly competitive. 

Pirelli is a joke. 
It’s long overdue to get that trash out of F1. 

The tyre stats & the actual tyre wear doesn't even match...both Stroll & Max had the same issue with tyres blowing out without warning. 

In all fairness, I believe driver of the day should’ve been Perez, for holding on to that wingman role to perfection. 

1 hour ago, achilles said:

What the hell happened to Ferrari pace? 

He kept the magic brake button on and the team couldn't tell him because no comms during first lap. Cooked his brakes and failed at the first turn.

24 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

Pirelli is a joke. 
It’s long overdue to get that trash out of F1. 

The tyre stats & the actual tyre wear doesn't even match...both Stroll & Max had the same issue with tyres blowing out without warning. 

In all fairness, I believe driver of the day should’ve been Perez, for holding on to that wingman role to perfection. 

I guess someone has to die or get seriously injured before Pirelli is punished. Both drives crashed at 300kph+ and survived thanks to all other safety features besides tyres.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a race!

Max was absolutely brilliant, the way he held off both HAM and BOT after making the undercut work was just unbelievable. 

The way MAX broke HAM & Merc's will to chase was amazing.

And then Redbull pulled Merc's trick and made them eat it with a 2 stopper.

Absolutely cracking.

Will be interesting to see how competition develops further with under scrutiny components going off both the cars.

Oh man...such a good race. Good to see the competition heating up and Ham eating sh*t. Bottas getting treated like sh*t...the radio convo was telling how annoyed he was.

Bottas. : I'm thinking plan B

Engi: Copy that.

Basically , you can go eat sh*t, HAM gets all the attention.

55 minutes ago, Root said:

I felt so bad for Bottas he kept stressing saying it is a two stopper and they did not agree to it. Above Merc engineer apologized to Lewis and not to Bottas.

https://streamable.com/14g1qa

Bottas is on his way out. RUS is gonna join Merc next. That's the only time when we will get to see Merc supporting someone else.

I miss Nico.

FIA received complaints from some teams that other teams have automated their pit-stops to an extent which is not humanly possible.

After going over the complaints, FIA will be effectively slowing down pit-stops from Hungary GP.

They are gonna introduce minimum time intervals between some pitstop actions like 0.15s between wheel mechanic confirming that the wheel-nut is fixed and the jack-man receiving the signal.

Basically weakening one of the best moments of the race where teams push themselves right to the edge.

My theory: Merc bitched out about RedBull undercutting them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

And the FIA is bending over for merc, first the rear wing & now this

The timing couldn’t be more obvious, if they were so concerned about safety this should’ve been done during 2018 (Haas + Kimi)

14 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

FIA received complaints from some teams that other teams have automated their pit-stops to an extent which is not humanly possible.

After going over the complaints, FIA will be effectively slowing down pit-stops from Hungary GP.

They are gonna introduce minimum time intervals between some pitstop actions like 0.15s between wheel mechanic confirming that the wheel-nut is fixed and the jack-man receiving the signal.

Basically weakening one of the best moments of the race where teams push themselves right to the edge.

So when they other teams they mean Mercedes, and when they say it's some teams they mean Red Bull.

such salty people at Mercedes

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Will Max be the world champion??? I’ve started watching again after last few boring Merc years

They are quite neck to neck. Constant VER and HAM battles. Red Bull has bested Merc for last few races but a long way to go.

Don't wanna jinx it.