Crackdown 3

WhiteWolf

crackdown%203%20teaser%20art.jpg?h=535&w

Developer - ReAgent and Cloudgine.

Publisher - Microsoft Game Studios

Release Date - TBA 2016

Platform - Xbox One

Crackdown, the third in the series, is coming to Xbox One, Microsoft revealed during its E3 media briefing today.

Crackdown is a cooperative open world game. In a CG trailer, Agency Agents are seen destroying buildings and eliminating targets. Original Crackdown creator Dave Jones is heading up the project at Cloudgine.

For clarity, this is not a re-release of the Crackdown, the Xbox 360 game of the same name.

Screen_Shot_2015-08-04_at_9.23.31_AM.0.0

Edited by WhiteWolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

dude i'm not talking about the player to player or player to server connecting part of it

this ain't halo

i'm talking about the processing offloaded to cloud & then computation brought back to your system

your connection speed will matter the most there

Nope. Ping is still more important here. You will need decent speed as well, but that's pretty obvious.

We have decent speeds in India (at a cost) and on an 8mbps line, you can stream all the 1080p YT videos you want.

With cloud processing you're most likely to transfer way less data as compared to streaming. WAY less!

What'll matter more is delayed destructions if the servers aren't close by.

Like delayed as hell. MS does have servers close to India (and now in India) so there's (some) hope there.

Edit: It's not about Halo. Anything that requires a real-time response will ALWAYS be hindered by ping first and then the speed.

Edited by -13-

Crackdown 3 To Have Revolutionary Multiplayer With 100% Destruction

Crackdown 3 has been demonstrated for the first time today at Microsoft’s Gamescom 2015 Media Briefing. The long awaited sequel in the open world series is powered by special cloud tech (Cloudgine), and it has been announced that the game will have “revolutionary multiplayer” with 100% destructible environments. Microsoft is definitely trying to deliver on its original promise – they also added that by connecting to the cloud, Crackdown 3 will harness 20 times the computational power of the Xbox One hardware.

It seems that the game will retain both its signature graphics style (cel-shading) and the classic gameplay, which looks very familiar to what we’ve seen and played in the first two Crackdown games. In terms of pure detail, there’s still a lot of room for improvement with many graphical aspects looking quite rough at the moment.

According to the narrating voice of the trailer, the developers of Crackdown 3 are striving to create the “ultimate sandbox” game, with players taking once again control of an Agent fighting crime syndicates all over the city.

The very last frames of the video hint that the multiplayer mode will begin (likely with a beta) in Summer 2016, obviously as an Xbox One exclusive.

GrimyColossalCentipede.gif
oxdruas.gif
UY1lS9M.gif
JJRwy8r.gif
Edited by WhiteWolf

They need the cloud to do that? I mean it looks good but come on, its not really mind blowing and should be doable just on the console.

I doubt it...Xbox one hardware is not powerful to handle full city level destruction...

Edited by WhiteWolf

Impressive stuff ,cloud does exist lol

Its mp could be lot of fun with all the destructions ,the evolving vehicles stuff they showed looks interesting too.

Hopefully the implementation will be as good and we get something out of the box.

Ms is 2 years late but lot of positive stuff happening all around with win 10,dx12, cloud ,exclusive games etc.

Crackdown 3 effectively turns your Xbox One into the most powerful console ever made

http://www.gamesradar.com/crackdown-3-effectively-turns-your-xbox-one-most-powerful-console-ever-made/

GamesRadar Preview -

So, Crackdown 3 might be the most impressive demo I've ever seen. We'll have a full preview up later today, but suffice it to say that all that bluster about "leveraging the Cloud" to bring hitherto unseen levels of physics-based destruction is totally accurate. That moment in the CG teaser trailer where an Agent collapses a building into another building to kill the naughty crime boss inside? You can do that. Easily. I've seen it happen. I have seen such things.

While the offline single-player game plays out like the Crackdown of old, it's in multiplayer - set in an entirely separate city - where the game flexes its next-gen muscles. It works off of a startlingly simple conceit - the city is divided into distinct sections, each governed by a single server. When you start destroying things in an area, the physics calculations are sent to its server, and the results are sent back to your Xbox, which resolves that into everything from a single bullethole to a skyscraper tumbling down.

If you, say, blow a chunk off of a building, which then flies into an adjacent area and smashes the window of the tower block next door, that neighbouring server then helps the original to resolve this. Destruction is persistent, and every piece of rubble remains interactive, and can continue to be shot, blown up or pushed around. Servers can be piled on servers to keep this working - in our demo, we saw 11 being used at once. Producer, Dave Jones, assured me that that was the tip of the digital iceberg.

You'd think this would require an immense internet connection to keep it rolling, not least when four players (this is the current maximum size for a multiplayer party, although it could increase) are doing the same thing in four separate corners of the city, but the relative ease of swapping information between Xbox and server means the strain is fairly small. Jones says that his team are optimising the game for a 2-4mbps connection. :D

So, I ask the question - does this technology make the Xbox One more powerful? Jones nods. Does it, effectively, make it the most powerful console ever made while those servers are running? Jones nods. While Crackdown utilises it purely for physics, the opportunity here is clear. Who knows what another company could make with this, given the time? For the moment, though, I'm not entirely bothered - I just knocked a penthouse balcony off its moorings and watched it take 20 others out on its way to the ground. I'm still smiling.

For Story reason, single player city is different with limited destruction, but multiplayer set in a completely different city map designed specially for physics based destruction.

Edited by WhiteWolf