Rainbow Six Siege

LeonardoInventions

Rainbow Six have had fantastic single player modes in the past (couple of exceptions), why would you want an MP only game?

How many Single-Player only shooters have come up in the past few years.

It is taboo these days to release a game sans the tacked on multi-player component.

Although, must say that they are on the right track of things if they are aiming to create another force in the competitive scene.

People said the same about Ghost recon future soldier

look at it now after 3 years

Mp is still booming in spite of crappy servers

One of the best 3rd person MP shooter I have played

This game follows its same path

So dont think it will be a disaster

Are you referring to the free to play title?

Just look at Titanfall & Evolve

Dead in 3 months

One died of dearth of content and the other died due to the PR shenanigans of the parent company.

Neither died because of their core components of multi-player being poor.

Edited by ALPHA17

Is Evolve really dead, though?

Last I checked it was averaging around ~1000 players on STEAM. Decent movement of copies through the TP as well.

That is pretty dead for a AAA multi-player only shooter.

@Alpha: Future Soldier was the last ghost recon game on ps3/360. It was pretty decent!

We had that game on the PC too, you know. :giggle:

Never thought its multi-player had any staying power.

There is another GRAW, multi-player only F2P game that had some coverage on YouTube. No idea if it panned out alright.

Also, not talking about the latter because it was called GRAW Online initially followed up by GRAW Phantoms.

Edited by ALPHA17

Yes ..Even we played Ghost recon for a long time...Even after an year or so we were still able to find servers..

It is taboo these days to release a game sans the tacked on multi-player component.

Although, must say that they are on the right track of things if they are aiming to create another force in the competitive scene.

Its not SP only but the focus on SP is much higher than other MP shooters. Just because Tom Clancy is dead doesn't mean they should move away from good campaign story.

Ghost Recon Future soldier had satisfying campaign . People Bought it for SP campaign . I didn't knew it had MP though :/ .

Last I checked it was averaging around ~1000 players on STEAM. Decent movement of copies through the TP as well.

That is pretty dead for a AAA multi-player only shooter.

We had that game on the PC too, you know. :giggle:

Never thought its multi-player had any staying power.

There is another GRAW, multi-player only F2P game that had some coverage on YouTube. No idea if it panned out alright.

Also, not talking about the latter because it was called GRAW Online initially followed up by GRAW Phantoms.

Ghost Recon phantom is pretty popular F2P game on PC .

Its not SP only but the focus on SP is much higher than other MP shooters. Just because Tom Clancy is dead doesn't mean they should move away from good campaign story.

I know, I have played the original Rainbow Six titles.

It is a trend. Everyone wants a piece of that CoD pie, irrespective of whether the game can accommodate for such audience and game-play.

I doubt if Tom Clancy was alive we would have seen something radically different from the franchise, maybe the Patriot arc would have been the single-player and what we are seeing is the multi-player.

Ghost Recon Future soldier had satisfying campaign . People Bought it for SP campaign . I didn't knew it had MP though :/ .

Yeah, even that did not last for long on PC.

Initially I was also confused with Phantoms but that was not the game he was referring to.

Are you referring to the free to play title?

No buddy the one which was released for consoles and pc.

Well those people are really dumb. Grfs had one of the most revolutionary multi-player when it was launched. Plus campaign sucked. Cod has better story in sp than grfs

Yes ..Even we played Ghost recon for a long time...Even after an year or so we were still able to find servers..

We still play it everyday. It has some of the best tactics you can apply. Plus it's a god when it comes to team gameplay and most importantly the maps are so good that you can't camp and snipe. Sooner or later you will be compromised by hacks or sensor grenades

No buddy the one which was released for consoles and pc.

Yeah! I realised that after I googled whether Phantoms was released on other platforms. It is a PC only, F2P title. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Well those people are really dumb. Grfs had one of the most revolutionary multi-player when it was launched. Plus campaign sucked. Cod has better story in sp than grfs

Disagree about the campaign part ...it was awesome...sure it had a sucky plot ....but the gameplay was awesome ......u have various approaches to perform every mission,superb weapon customizations,awesome set-pieces etc and action packed scenarios that keeps you thoroughly entertained

Had a lot of fun playing the campaign

The mp though I agree is lotta fun when played with a group of friends and of course is a lot more fun than the sp

But the campaign din suck imo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...