Ratchet & Clank PS4

KnackChap

I missed out on the PS2 ones, except Deadlocked, which I co-op'ed to the end.

The future series on the PS3 were amazing. That's when I really began to appreciate the series. The reinvention on the PS4 was like a breath of fresh air. Definitely worth every penny you pay for it. 

6 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I missed out on the PS2 ones, except Deadlocked, which I co-op'ed to the end.

The future series on the PS3 were amazing. That's when I really began to appreciate the series. The reinvention on the PS4 was like a breath of fresh air. Definitely worth every penny you pay for it. 

Ratchet and Clank series are just fantastic.....they are always fun to play.....even Sly cooper  is damn good...sadly whatever little i played of Jak and Daxter i could not understand the hype but then i have had played only for a little of Jak and Daxter 1.....may be i will play them again properly .....

Whatever i think best among Sony platformers are RnC ----> Sly----> Jak and Daxter.

14 hours ago, playstation said:

The 2016 version is a reboot...like that Tomb Raider reboot? complete new story and no link with the past?

Yes. I haven't played any of the previous RnC games, so I'm not sure what the story was in those games.

If I only consider the story in this game, it seemed absolutely fine on it's own. Perfect for a game like this.

19 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Most of us who never played original are liking this. Series fans hated this. There are too many videos like above, and most complaints are legit.

Interesting video. I've played all the RnC games but it was so long ago I'd forgotten. So I did enjoy the new one a LOT but I also agree with the complaints. 

16 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Most of us who never played original are liking this. Series fans hated this. There are too many videos like above, and most complaints are legit.

That's happening with lot of games this gen. MGSV and TR Reboot both are hated by hardcore fans but non-hardcore fans really enjoyed both games :P

6 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Complete the hoverboard Gold Cup on Rilgar in under 1:35. EOO8cHQ.png EOO8cHQ.png 

It isn't that tough, just keep going through the boost signs on ground, hit the boost rings and break the crates to fill boost meter.. basically keep boost 'On' almost all the time. Also, try to stay on the upper levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Always end up losing it. Best was 1:48.

_

First 6 planets - awesome and fun to play.

Planet Gaspar - boring location filled with boring stuff. Ugh. 

Planet Batalia - good location but sadly short and performance tanked heavily. 

Planet Quartu - good so far.

PS: Clank is just boring to play with. 

7 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Nope. Always end up losing it. Best was 1:48.

_

this is mine.......you just gotta keep repeating those stylish mid air moves to gain boost and keep jumping/moving into those brown crates for boost....you'll get it eventually......ive also hit a few obstacles as well and i still got it :P ..ive recorded this race after i got the trophy cos i forgot to record the 1st time :P

and most importantly there's a setting where you set the game speed to "slow"....its under options-game modifiers iirc....you can do it just for this race.....and reset it to normal later.....make this trophy easier ...wont affect you from getting the  rilgar trophy/platinum trophy

Edited by kold_war
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kold_war said:

and most importantly there's a setting where you set the game speed to "slow" ....you can do it just for this race.....and reset it to normal later.....wont affect you from getting the  rilgar trophy/platinum trophy

Be right back. Let me give this a try. dGvDJ2Q.png 

Thanks, and you drive well. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Be right back. Let me give this a try. dGvDJ2Q.png 

Thanks, and you drive well. 

:P thanks 

googled the location of that modifier:
Enter the main menu, Extras, Cheats, Game Speed, and then set it to Slow . Note that this does require you to first collect 5 gold bolts to unlock it. This greatly helps with those tight corners and avoiding blast crates.

Edited by kold_war

I give up for now. Never liked timed events and this one takes the cake. Almost ~4 hours and losing by .797 milliseconds sucks. 

Really wanted to get this platinum as this was my first game. KRKxSph.png Oh, well, time to wrap it up. 

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

I give up for now. Never liked timed events and this one takes the cake. Almost ~4 hours and losing by .797 milliseconds sucks. 

Really wanted to get this platinum as this was my first game. KRKxSph.png Oh, well, time to wrap it up. 

Feelsbadman :console:

It didn't happen even after applying the game modifier?that sucks....cos even after crashing into a few crates I timed 1:34 .....I'm pretty sure you're missing out on some trick ....I'll edit this post in a while with a YouTube clip that helped me get this....forgot the name 

You can check this meanwhile if it helps in anyway

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ratchet-and-clank/287543-ratchet-clank-trophy-guide-road-map.html

Edit 2 :this video along with setting game speed to slow and switching game difficulty to easy 

Edited by kold_war

Setting the game speed to slow really works well, but there were couple moments where I was just slow and was left without any boosters or crates to break. bnKzdAE.png 

Other trophies seem very doable as they are just playing the game. I'll try with easy setting one time and see.

Thanks, again. mo74IST.png

• Like 1