Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

Heaven Angel

Don't miss this. One hell of an experience, unlike any other. Take a bow Ninja Theory ! just wow !
It's about psychosis, fears, delusions and what ppl go through. But is wrapped in a great story and experience .
Had a friend once who is no more and went thru similar stuff. Got first hand experience of what he might have been through. And it is terrifying. :(

all that aside, it is a unmissable experience. Hours after finishing it I am still overwhelmed and discussing it with my wife and family. The game really achieved its goals and then some ! 
Took me around 9 hours to finish. And dont worry about the message about death at the begining. Its part of the experience.qTYWTSz.jpg

Edited by RenegadeRocks
  • Like 3

I can't believe I am saying this but boy this game deserves to be played just for its Audio.

The game demands a good headphone and the auditory experience is unlike anything I have ever had.

The binaural audio tech being used creates this chilling and creepy effect where there are voices everywhere in your head - left, right, front, back - EVERYWHERE!!!

The fabulous voice acting just adds to the experience. There are probably 5-6 entities, that constantly speaks, some being sympathetic, some fearful, some sarcastic and they constantly comment on what you do during the gameplay. This is heightened to the effect that it will make you constantly doubt if what you are doing or where you are going is right or wrong.

After about 4 hrs of play, i think I am still hearing voices.

Just to add - the Norse mythology/lore with its gritty setting is simply superb. I think I will probably dig this more than the OTT Norse setting of the upcoming GoW.

• Like 2

Just finished the game on the second run.

Pros

Excellent Audio

Excellent performance 

Excellent Voice acting 

Beautiful & haunting visuals

Attention to detail 

Very good Lore

Good story

Satisfying combat

Nice pacing

Value for money

Unique experience 

Cons

Game breaking bug at the end in Hellheim

+/- Could have been lengthier  (perhaps Sony wants Kratos to kill all nine heims Gods). However, the current length is alright. 

Enjoyed my first playthrough in one sitting taking my own time to proceed. Took about 9 hrs.

2nd playthrough was about 6 hrs

Edited by The Batman

Patch 1.01 is released. 

Summary: A bug fixing patch that addresses a range of bugs identified since launch. The patch fixes issues across general gameplay, combat, photo mode, localisation and audio. Notable issues resolved by the patch include:

• Fixed a potential progression stopping bug in the Fenrir Cave by the ‘M’ rune door puzzle.
  • Fixed a potential progression stopping bug in Fenrir Cave due to check pointing after skipping a lit region.
  • Fixed potential progression stopping bug in Fenrir Cave if player fails to collect floor rune after combat and subsequently dies.
  • Fixed collision issues that could allow players to unintentionally exit the game world.
  • Various subtitle localisation fixes across a number of languages.
  • Fixed an issue where key bindings and run toggle were not being saved between game sessions on PC.
  • Fixed an issue where the menu would not load on start up on PC.
  • In addition to bug fixes, combat gameplay has been tweaked and Russian subtitles added to the Hellblade feature.

____

Edited by Heaven Angel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hellblade sold better than Ninja Theory's expectations

I think it’s almost broken even, or it’s about to break even in the next couple of weeks. I’d have to check. We weren’t expecting to break even for six, eight, nine months on this game. It looks like within three months, it will have broken even and then some. Of course, because we self-published it, it’s the first time we’re getting the bulk of the money back, which is amazing. We own the IP this time. It’s opened up a bunch of doors and possibilities that we just didn’t have until this point. In terms of a model, I’d say it is a success.

- Tameem Antoniades, Creative Director, Ninja Theory

https://venturebeat.com/2017/10/22/game-boss-interview-tameem-antoniades-journey-into-madness-with-hellblade/view-all/