PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

RX570 is the best value right now.Amazing performance for the price.

Is it available locally? If yes, what price?

Also, do you think people are so obsessed over price-performance as you are? What about people who simply have to buy a card at a given time without looking for best value proposition all the time.

Is that the only metric to look at prior to purchase?

Because if we use your logic, people who had bought the RX470 just got skimmed, their cards are now inferior products just three months down the line at the same price-point.

Is it available locally? If yes, what price?

Also, do you think people are so obsessed over price-performance as you are? What about people who simply have to buy a card at a given time without looking for best value proposition all the time.

Is that the only metric to look at prior to purchase?

Because if we use your logic, people who had bought the RX470 just got skimmed, their cards are now inferior products just three months down the line at the same price-point.

Primeagbg and mdcomputers are selling it for under 16k.

Also rx470 buyers didnt get skimmed as its only 10% slower at almost similar price.

RX480 however those who recently bought it within the last 2-3 months around 23k price definitely could have saved some money.

But i agree with you people buy card when they need it.can't always wait for the best value proposition.

And nVidia announces Volta.

Today at their annual GPU Technology Conference keynote, NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang announced NVIDIA’s first Volta GPU and Volta products. Taking aim at the very high end of the compute market with their first products, NVIDIA has laid out a very aggressive technology delivery schedule in order to bring about another major leap in GPU deep learning performance.

Nvidia GTX 1030 officially announced by Nvidia.

DO IT ALL. FASTER.

Video editing. Gaming. Transforming your pictures at HD resolutions. This powerful card lets you do it all faster.

GET READY TO GAME.

The GeForce GT 1030 comes with all the performance goodness of GeForce Experience™. This is the gateway to great PC gaming, giving you industry-leading NVIDIA drivers for optimal performance and best-in-class stability—all with one-click convenience.

UK prices start from £65 but in India only one model is available as of now which is the Zotac model with base clock 1227mhz and boost clock of 1468mhz.

855f926d9a5afdd84f57e99b3b9ca947.jpg

Price listed is 6100 which is approx $95 which makes it a better choice than RX550 which is listed at 7200 which is approx $110.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NVIDIA Titan V Volta GPU and HBM2 Memory Powered Graphics Card Announced – 5120 Cores, 12 GB HBM2 VRAM, $3000 US Price

NVIDIA has just announced their latest Titan graphics card based on the Volta GPU architecture, the Titan V. The NVIDIA Titan V features the latest GPU technologies such as the 12nm Volta GPU architecture coupled with lots of HBM2 memory.

NVIDIA Titan V Announced – A $3000 US Juggernaut Featuring 5120 CUDA Cores, 12 GB HBM2 VRAM and Full 12nm Volta GPU Architecture

The NVIDIA Titan V graphics card features the latest 12nm Volta GPU architecture and as such, it is infused with the latest technologies that NVIDIA has to offer. Featured in the Titan family, the GPU will be aiming the prosumer market and as such, you can expect a really hefty price as this bad boy will cost $3000 US.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-titan-v-volta-gpu-hbm2-announcement/

$3000 lol

but the specs are monstrous

zaBc.png

NVIDIA-Titan-V-PCB.png

Edited by SRINI87

• 2 weeks later...

AMD 7nm “Super Secret” Navi GPU Spotted In Driver, 2H 2018 Launch Expected

AMD’s upcoming next generation 7nm based graphics architecture code named “Navi” has reportedly been spotted in Linux driver code. The all new GPU architecture is officially slated to debut next year, with all whispers indicating a debut in the latter half of the year.

https://wccftech.com/amd-navi-gpu-spotted-in-linux-drivers/

• 1 month later...

I was starting of thinking a Mini ITX Build. And started researching. And Came to know about recent GPU pricing and stock issues due to mining.  When I saw prices on Indian sites, it was really shocking. Literally worst phase for GPU upgrades and new GPU purchase. 

GTX 1070 for 50K

GTX 1080Ti for 70K

The FOOK.

EVGA once again moved out of India it seems. Support continues though.

@KJD Both cards are overpriced. But 1070 is way more overpriced. I got the 1070 some 1 year ago for around 34-37k (amp extreme edition at that). 1080 Ti, the extreme 3 fan editions go for 63k on normal. I was lucky enough to get it for 68k when I upgraded. The blower edition should go for 55k ideally (so mini builds should be equal to that approximately).

Anyway, when I did get the 1080 ti, the price was literally increasing by the day. I was lucky enough that my price was finalized and locked in at 68k. Every card with x70 or x80 (both ti and non-ti) was out of stock everywhere. The manufacturer raised price to 72k when I went to take delivery a couple of days later (Fortunately, that price was not passed on to me). Now, even in US the cards (1080 Ti) are appx. $1200, so here it will be INR 1 lakh+.

If the mining is not reigned in, PC gaming as we know it (with high graphics and high FPS) will die. The only cards that normal gamers will be able to get will be x30 or maybe x50 cards at most. So only games like indies or other extremely creative ones like Divinity: Original Sin 2 which are excellent, but do not require high graphics or FPS will survive.

Ironically consoles will become the go-to machines for games with high graphics.