PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

Arey...yeh kya...abhi toh liya maine 750 ti... :rant: ......

Teri kismat kharab.. :lol:

WII U lete hi NX announce hogaya :rofl:

Aur ab GTX 750 lete hi GTX 950 announce kardiya Nvidia ne :rofl:

Tere PS4 lete hi kahin PS5 announce na hojaye :rofl:

Are there any new GPU's being launched by Nvidia during holiday season.? Also, why is 970 selling well even after the VRAM controversy...Is it still a good card to play a game on max settings at 1080p and 4K and is it worth buying now..?

^ It is decent for ~1080p HIGH settings, it will struggle with ULTRA on most recent games (including The Witcher 3).

As to the reason why it sells is, because nVidia. If I tell you AMD has the R9-290X at the same price point, will you consider buying it?

Are there any new GPU's being launched by Nvidia during holiday season.? Also, why is 970 selling well even after the VRAM controversy...Is it still a good card to play a game on max settings at 1080p and 4K and is it worth buying now..?

Yup, Card is fantastic plus Nvidia brand >>> AMD Brand :P

@Mohit

hahahahah :P

^ It is decent for ~1080p HIGH settings, it will struggle with ULTRA on most recent games (including The Witcher 3).

As to the reason why it sells is, because nVidia. If I tell you AMD has the R9-290X at the same price point, will you consider buying it?

So basically it isn't gonna last atleast till fall 2016 then...AMD cards, we always hear about over-heating and driver issues..so we avoid them plus most of the recent games are supporting Nvidia which isn't fair actually..

But atleast now Nvidia should atleast put 3.5 GB on the box instead of 4 GB..How long will they continue to false advertise..

^ As long as people continue to buy it.

Plus it really is 4GB, the physical chips are on there, it is just that the last 512MB block is underutilised / throttled.

Also, I do not see how AMD is going to survive that long unless the Zen chips manage to upstage Intel's plans.

Lies. :P

runs at most settings ultra at constant 60 fps(or between 70-90 without vsync) in combat and horse riding throughout the world,Except in Novigrad where i get frame rate fluctuations 50-60(too many goddamn NPC's)

ive dropped the character density to low rest all settings ultra 1080p,HBAO+ On,HairWorks only Geralt,Vsync enabled but DoF,Blur and Motion Blur disabled due to personal taste

Sure,not the Ultra Preset,but everything is ultra where it matters

any thing else apply +200 mhz to core and +500 to mem using MSI AFB and you get a nice FPS boost

it also can do 2715 x 1527(Nvidia DSR resolution) ultra preset,HW set to All @ 30 fps stable,including novigrad

So basically it isn't gonna last atleast till fall 2016 then...AMD cards, we always hear about over-heating and driver issues..so we avoid them plus most of the recent games are supporting Nvidia which isn't fair actually..

But atleast now Nvidia should atleast put 3.5 GB on the box instead of 4 GB..How long will they continue to false advertise..

AMD cards everything except both the Fury's is a rebadge lol

Is Asus Strix GTX 970 a good card (thinking of getting it)? Or is the MSI gaming 4G better (It costs appx. 3k more, so is the performance gain over Asus Strix worth it?)Also, is it necessary to get i5 4690k or will a i5 4590 suffice (i.e. will cost of o/c processor + mobo and cooler make a big difference in performance as compared to the normal processor + stock cooler and decent mobo) to justify the increase in price? Thanks for the help.

Is Asus Strix GTX 970 a good card (thinking of getting it)? Or is the MSI gaming 4G better (It costs appx. 3k more, so is the performance gain over Asus Strix worth it?)Also, is it necessary to get i5 4690k or will a i5 4590 suffice (i.e. will cost of o/c processor + mobo and cooler make a big difference in performance as compared to the normal processor + stock cooler and decent mobo) to justify the increase in price? Thanks for the help.

Yes the Asus is good.I would get the MSI if there was a 500-1k difference,but 3k is too much.

yes i5 4690 will suffice.Overclocking CPU's dont give much of a performance increase in gaming anyway,dont go with the K version of i5,its too expensive and not worth it if you're on a budget

• Like 1

Sure,not the Ultra Preset,but everything is ultra where it matters

any thing else apply +200 mhz to core and +500 to mem using MSI AFB and you get a nice FPS boost

it also can do 2715 x 1527(Nvidia DSR resolution) ultra preset,HW set to All @ 30 fps stable,including novigrad

That is your take, it is either all ULTRA else the settings you are running are CUSTOM. Which you have mentioned yourself.

If that was the case then the nVidia GTX760 is still a viable card. It is giving me 60fps on HIGH at 1600 x900.

You are also over-clocking your card, a fair bit if I may add. Not everyone can derive that level of boost and even if they do get that, some cards start showing artefacts. So over-clocking is never a reason to buy a card. Sure it is a bonus you have on tap but not a guarantee.

And 30fps is not the standard, maybe on your PlayStation and XBox but definitely not here.

• Like 1

Yes the Asus is good.I would get the MSI if there was a 500-1k difference,but 3k is too much.

yes i5 4690 will suffice.Overclocking CPU's dont give much of a performance increase in gaming anyway,dont go with the K version of i5,its too expensive and not worth it if you're on a budget

Thanks for the help. How much did you get the MSI 970 card for?

So the 950 is a surprisingly decent card.

BF4.pngFC4.pngWitcher.png

Pretty solid boost over the 750, almost as good as a 760 and not that far from a 960. If it launches for 12k then they have a real winner on their hands.

Source of images - http://www.techspot.com/review/1049-nvidia-geforce-gtx-950/page10.html

Tomshardwares final words sum it up nicely -

VERDICT : Asus GTX 950 offers excellent graphics and cooling performance while remaining nearly silent at all times. It delivers incredible performance per dollar, and nearly renders the GTX 960 obsolete. Gaming at 1080p and below is a treat on this card.

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Like 1