PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

That is your take, it is either all ULTRA else the settings you are running are CUSTOM. Which you have mentioned yourself.I said ultra where it matters,Trivial settings like background chars,shadows deals with how much NPC are crammed into your screen at a time i for one dont need NPC's using my GPU power up,Shadows are set to low because ultra makes no much difference but takes more gpu power,you said so yourself.practically everything else is at ultra,AA is on and HBAO+ is the AO.HW is personal choice.Not everyone will use it afaik i doubt it is a part of the Ultra preset anyway

Also GTX 970 is the best card at its price range,I doubt your precious AMD rebadges :giggle: would be able to handle W3 at ultra preset.Knowing that GamenotWorks hates AMD cards aside from torturing Nvidia cards :rofl:

If that was the case then the nVidia GTX760 is still a viable card. It is giving me 60fps on HIGH at 1600 x900. And 900p is not the standard,it may be on the #PeasantBoxes but definetly not #PCMaster Race level.we've been gaming @ 1080p for the past what 5 years :lol: ?

You are also over-clocking your card, a fair bit if I may add. Not everyone can derive that level of boost and even if they do get that, some cards start showing artefacts. So over-clocking is never a reason to buy a card. Sure it is a bonus you have on tap but not a guarantee. +150-200 seems the be the norm for OC on the GTX 970's.atleast from what ive gathered on the internet.Please.If overclocking was not on of the reasons in factoring to buy a card,why slap fancy coolers on cards and give free OC suites :rofl: if OCability was not a reason,people would be happy with Ref designs :lol:

Again,The OC prowess of this card has been praised by reviewers and gamers alike,unlike the R9 290X 390X Whatever which would burn a hole in your PC a 32cm long triple fan cooler is not slapped on it :rofl:

And 30fps is not the standard, maybe on your PlayStation and XBox but definitely not here.I get stable 30 fps.Sure its not the best,but its pushing stable frames at a res above 1440p.Stable 30 fps is better than unstable 40-60 fps at that res and settings.besides,the point was that the 970 can still push frames at higher resolutions with all settings cranked up.30 FPS is playable if you value the best gfx over framerate.I prefer balance so 1080/60 at my so called "CUSTOM" settings for me.Do you know AMD heavily advertises that the rebadges can do 4K gaming,that is 30 FPS too,or variable 30-50? :giggle:

tbh i cant stand 30 after getting used to 60

Anyway,i think i'll get a condescending meme reply or some straw-man counter "argument" laced with taunts and jibes to this,so i wont bother arguing with you anymore

So #NVIDIA is Satan #AMD is second coming of Jesus,GTX 970 is a rip off card not even worth 10k,and the AMD Rebadge9 390x if very VFM and does Gaming @ 4k res. :majesty:

really, whatever floats your boat man. :)

Anyway,i think i'll get a condescending meme reply or some straw-man counter "argument" laced with taunts and jibes to this,so i wont bother arguing with you anymore

So #NVIDIA is Satan #AMD is second coming of Jesus,GTX 970 is a rip off card not even worth 10k,and the AMD Rebadge9 390x if very VFM and does Gaming @ 4k res. :majesty:

Never said that, in the Indian context old stocks of the R9-290X would be gold. The R9-390 is just too expensive for what it offers.

Also, I see you like using your words to your effect.

I already told you, your generating standards is of no point, obviously because you cannot agree to anything I say, you try twisting my words on the GTX760, when I clearly open the sentence with, if everyone is doing benchmarks from your point, then we should not consider visiting sites like Anandtech which maintain a benchmark database because you know, in my experience, after I over-clocked my GPU and made some adjustments, it is workable at ULTRA (this stands for your 30fps argument as well)

On your call for over-clocking, you know abroad the companies putting in the fancy coolers, back-plates do not charge extra for that (not in the west), the price is the same as a reference design. It is just a happy coincidence that these also improve on the stock design and thus you get decent over-clock headroom but we also get stuff from ZOTAC! that is under performing or par. I'm not saying that the end user will not get the same clocks as you. CC was running a ghetto-cooled R9-290 which gave him great performance for what he invested, will it be something viable I would suggest everyone run in their builds. Eh! No.

About 30fps it is your personal choice, I have never liked locked frame rates, simply because they cause you to have issues like input-lag plus most of my early PC gaming days were at really low settings and still tripping into single frames, it is nausea inducing, better to be as high as possible with a little screen-tear than use options like V-Sync but hey, my opinion. Not ramming down your throat so that I can justify the shiny GTX970 I bought. Oh! And by the way there is a reason why most gamers this side of the park want an unlocked frame-rate the side-effects not withstanding.

But since I have already had these conversations in other threads, where apparently putting my thoughts down is me being insecure here is the condescending .gif for you,

rbavQll.gif

Edited by ALPHA17

Between Amd r9 280x and Nvidia 960 , which one should i pick ? Are they worthy upgrade over 560ti ?

The GTX970 is what I would suggest.

R9-280X and GTX960 are good but one is really old and the other simply does not have the performance to justify the upgrade.

^R9 280x comes with 3GB Ram compared to 2gbVram in GTX 960..

Yeah 2 GB is a problem :(

The GTX970 is what I would suggest.

R9-280X and GTX960 are good but one is really old and the other simply does not have the performance to justify the upgrade.

Thanks . But the price difference between 960/280x and 970 is too much . Any other card better then these two in 20k range ?

Thanks . But the price difference between 960/280x and 970 is too much . Any other card better then these two in 20k range ?

Not there no, that is a wide abyss in the Indian market that no one has even thought about bridging.

You are really old. R9 280X rocks..

The Tahiti chip is now in its third year from its unveiling, it still has the performance to be the undisputed 1080p card to get on a budget (in India) but honestly it is a wiser proposal to just pony up the extra cash for the GTX970 or wait it out for another generation of cards.

Not there no, that is a wide abyss in the Indian market that no one has even thought about bridging.

The Tahiti chip is now in its third year from its unveiling, it still has the performance to be the undisputed 1080p card to get on a budget (in India) but honestly it is a wiser proposal to just pony up the extra cash for the GTX970 or wait it out for another generation of cards.

No, 280X is the best. You all are jealous..