PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

48 fps in Witcher 3 at 4K on single card is impressive. Puts 980 SLI setup to shame.

I don't see why 980 Ti users will upgrade their card for 5-10 fps bump. Rather lower some setting and push for a year or two.

TITAN X users..well, they got TITAN. So you know.

I might switch to 1080 or 2x1070 by Christmas or next summer, given if it provides like ~20-30fps boost over 2x970.

^ I am just laughing at the folks who bought the 1.5X and 3X times performance numbers and looked at Firemark benches and shat their britches. :rofl:

Anyway, very interested in the mid-rangers now and what Pascal will serve later this week. Please be good.

And this is the gist,

So much for the arbitrary performance gain claims. :rofl:

Lol i don't see what is there to laugh.

30-40% over 980ti is Impressive

perfrel_3840_2160.png

37 percent faster than 980Ti in 4k

70% faster than GTX 980 , which is what Nvidia claimed in their Slide

And nobody ever told that it is going to be more than 50% faster than GTX 980ti/TitanX

Looks like you just want to laugh no matter what :lol:

Out of Curiosity how much were you Expecting ?

Edited by SRINI87

^ I am just laughing at the folks who bought the 1.5X and 3X times performance numbers and looked at Firemark benches and shat their britches. :rofl:

Anyway, very interested in the mid-rangers now and what Pascal will serve later this week. Please be good.

That 2x, 3x, whatever was VR testing

They are no where near the 1.7X gain over the GTX980 that was being promised but I do not expect you to understand.

So acc Nvidia GTX 1080 is 70% faster than 980 in gaming

Lol i don't see what is there to laugh.

30-40% over 980ti is Impressive

Here, this was the graph you had shown us and my quote underneath it,

7682f286_NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-Crafted

^ Again? Where does it say that, it just shows a graph with three bars on it with no hard data to go on save the performance that they have arbitrarily tagged at the various levels.

So tell me how nVidia computed the 1.7X real-life performance gains?

Is 1.7X the standard frames you were getting on the GTX980 because if that were the case, it is not great anyway mathematically.

Is it 170% performance over the GTX980, which again is not being attained.

Draw of the day, nVidia marketing did a good job. People fell for it and now when the results are out, OMG! Such gains. Maybe you want to check out the performance deltas between Fermi and Maxwell just to get that this is nothing spectacular happening here.

And nobody ever told that it is going to be more than 50% faster than GTX 980ti/TitanX

At-least lie with conviction man, look at that wonderful three bar graph you put up there. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by ALPHA17

DX12 not showing huge improvement.. I think these are not proper DX12 games.

I wonder when proper DirectX 12.0 games will be made then. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wonder when proper DirectX 12.0 games will be made then. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I read somewhere DX12 performs better when there's a CPU bottleneck..If you have i7 or powerful CPU then you will not see huge improvement..

GTAV was running much better for me on Win 10 than 7...I was getting 8-10fps more..Same with Fallout 4

Even if you have a GTX970 right now, you will be fine unless you want to run VR / 4K displays.

I read somewhere DX12 performs better when there's a CPU bottleneck..If you have i7 or powerful CPU then you will not see huge improvement..

GTAV was running much better for me on Win 10 than 7...I was getting 8-10fps more..Same with Fallout 4

Dude, people upgraded their OS from Windows 7 -->8.1 just to get a 15fps boost in BattleField 4 multi-player.

Edited by ALPHA17