PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

NVIDIA and AMD Graphics Cards Sales Threatened by New Bitmain ASIC

Bitmain, the leading manufacturer of Bitcoin-focused ASIC chips has been discovered to be nearly finished on a brand new proof-of-eork ASIC that will be capable of mining Ethereum coin as well as others. Currently Bitmain doesn’t have any products that can do this type of mining or hashing which is where our old friends NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA 225.52 -7.76%) and AMD (NASDAQ:AMD 10 -4.22%)step in.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-and-amd-graphics-cards-sales-threatened-by-new-bitmain-asic/

Good News for gamers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
NVIDIA and AMD Graphics Cards Sales Threatened by New Bitmain ASIC

Bitmain, the leading manufacturer of Bitcoin-focused ASIC chips has been discovered to be nearly finished on a brand new proof-of-eork ASIC that will be capable of mining Ethereum coin as well as others. Currently Bitmain doesn’t have any products that can do this type of mining or hashing which is where our old friends NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA 225.52 -7.76%) and AMD (NASDAQ:AMD 10 -4.22%)step in.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-and-amd-graphics-cards-sales-threatened-by-new-bitmain-asic/

Good News for gamers
Great...gpu makers enjoyed a lot on gamers perils which are their major customer.. Time to pay the price

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

AMD Navi GPU to Offer GTX 1080 Class Performance at ~$250 Report Claims, Nextgen Architecture is The “Zen” of GPUs

AMD Navi Mainstream GPU to Have GTX 1080 Class Performance, Succeed RX 580

Navi is Radeon’s last Graphics Core Next based architecture and is expected to be the world’s first high performance GPU built on 7nm process technology. Little is known about Navi in the techspere to date. One detail that we seldomly see reported is that AMD is working on two Navi GPUs, we’ll call them Navi 10 and Navi 11 for the time being. One is designed for the desktop market and the other for the mobile market.

https://wccftech.com/rumor-amd-navi-mainstream-gpu-to-have-gtx-1080-class-performance/

If that does happen, would it be reasonable to expect 4k 30 fps for next console generation? 
1080 can do 4k ,30 FPS with medium or high settings... If the game is optimised well for console , I guess 4k might going to be norm for most of the console games in next generation. I am expecting some options like play at 4k at 30fps or 1080p at 60 FPS, some game in current gen already offer such options

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

On 13/04/2018 at 2:03 PM, SRINI87 said:

AMD Navi GPU to Offer GTX 1080 Class Performance at ~$250 Report Claims, Nextgen Architecture is The “Zen” of GPUs

AMD Navi Mainstream GPU to Have GTX 1080 Class Performance, Succeed RX 580

Navi is Radeon’s last Graphics Core Next based architecture and is expected to be the world’s first high performance GPU built on 7nm process technology. Little is known about Navi in the techspere to date. One detail that we seldomly see reported is that AMD is working on two Navi GPUs, we’ll call them Navi 10 and Navi 11 for the time being. One is designed for the desktop market and the other for the mobile market.

https://wccftech.com/rumor-amd-navi-mainstream-gpu-to-have-gtx-1080-class-performance/

Wonder when it is coming out. My 970 needs replacing, has been overheating lately.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180 – Specs, Performance, Price & Release Date (Prelimenary)

Specifications

According to the latest leaks, rumors and information provided to wccftech the GeForce GTX 1180 is powered by a 104 class GPU, codenamed GT104. The GPU measures around ~400mm², features 3584 CUDA cores, a 256-bit GDDR6 memory interface and 8 to 16 gigabytes of 16Gbps GDDR6 memory. The graphics card is expected to have a core clock of around ~1.6GHz and a boost clock of around ~1.8GHz. The TDP of this graphics card is unconfirmed to date, but is expected to be somewhere between 170-200W.

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1180-Relative-Perform

On 16/04/2018 at 11:51 AM, Generally said:

Wonder when it is coming out. My 970 needs replacing, has been overheating lately.

Let us just say not before next year. That is for sure. Unless they pull off a Hail Mary and somehow manage to move it to this year plus the mining craze dies down. 

44 minutes ago, adity said:

It's already dying down. Unless there is a big upswing in the near future, cryptos will be all but dead in the near future. 

GPU makers are still depressed from the excessive demands and stock dumping that will occur when it finally completely sloughs off. 

Also, it is not all out yet, AMD GPU's are still going for a premium while nVidia is massaging stocks slowly into the market. 

1 hour ago, SRINI87 said:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180 – Specs, Performance, Price & Release Date (Prelimenary)

Specifications

According to the latest leaks, rumors and information provided to wccftech the GeForce GTX 1180 is powered by a 104 class GPU, codenamed GT104. The GPU measures around ~400mm², features 3584 CUDA cores, a 256-bit GDDR6 memory interface and 8 to 16 gigabytes of 16Gbps GDDR6 memory. The graphics card is expected to have a core clock of around ~1.6GHz and a boost clock of around ~1.8GHz. The TDP of this graphics card is unconfirmed to date, but is expected to be somewhere between 170-200W.

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1180-Relative-Perform

Again 256bit. Oh c'mon this is just ridiculous now. That TDP also is high. As this is all rumours, let's see what's the actual GPU is like.

2 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

Let us just say not before next year. That is for sure. Unless they pull off a Hail Mary and somehow manage to move it to this year plus the mining craze dies down. 

That really sucks....I'll have to buy nvidia again :|

On 4/16/2018 at 11:51 AM, Generally said:

Time to open the cooler clean it and replace the Thermal paste. I suggest Noctua NT H1. 

22 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Time to open the cooler clean it and replace the Thermal paste. I suggest Noctua NT H1. 

Yeah I've considered doing that. I'm just a bit afraid of shorting it. I am very prone to static....usually end up shocking people around me.

53 minutes ago, Generally said:

Yeah I've considered doing that. I'm just a bit afraid of shorting it. I am very prone to static....usually end up shocking people around me.

Keep your pc plugged in while the switch is off. Every few times touch the metal part of the case or keep one hand touching the case while applying thermal paste.

4 hours ago, adity said:

Are you sure that's not a superpower? 

Hahahha it could be if giving unwarranted shocks to other people and myself could be called that!

3 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Keep your pc plugged in while the switch is off. Every few times touch the metal part of the case or keep one hand touching the case while applying thermal paste.

Aaah! I recently bought one of those wristbands as well that you use for such things. Will give it a go. Doesn't look like my card will live long without this.

• 3 weeks later...