PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

3070  delayed

NVIDIA pushes GeForce RTX 3070 launch back to October 29th

The new date listed on multiple official GeForce Store website appears to have been pushed back to October 29th (two weeks later). This is exactly a day after AMD announces its Radeon RX 6000 series.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 is the first desktop GA104-based model. This card will feature 5888 CUDA cores and 8 GB of GDDR6 (non-X) memory. The card is advertised as faster than GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, but it comes at a much lower MSRP of 499 USD.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-pushes-geforce-rtx-3070-launch-back-to-october-29th

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-3070-available-october-29/

Production of GeForce RTX 3070 graphics cards are ramping quickly. We’ve heard from many of you that there should be more cards available on launch day. To help make that happen, we are updating the availability date to Thursday, October 29th.

We know this may be disappointing to those eager to purchase a GeForce RTX 3070 as soon as possible, however this shift will help our global partners get more graphics cards into the hands of gamers on launch day.

1qaumn562nq51.png

Across a variety of ray-traced and rasterized DirectX and Vulkan titles, the GeForce RTX 3070 delivers similar or faster performance than the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (which sold for twice the price) and is on average 60% faster than the original GeForce RTX 2070. 

Edited by Joe Cool

On 10/1/2020 at 3:47 PM, WhiteWolf said:

I called SMC international regarding gtx 3070 but they said they don't have it and don't know the price :unsure:

They won't have it abhi, time hai kaafi and the stock scenario of 3080 is still not fixed

Even we(Gtek) have to fulfill quite a few 3080 orders, but no aata pata of stock as of now :fogug: 

Edited by harjas

3080 and 3090 (Maybe even 3070) shortages expected to continue till 2021 according to Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang. Chances are you guys might not be able to snag it this year -

From Source

"I believe that demand will outstrip all of our supply through the year," Huang said. "Remember, we're also going into the double-whammy. The double-whammy is the holiday season. Even before the holiday season, we were doing incredibly well, and then you add on top of it the ‘Ampere factor,’ and then you add on top of that the ‘Ampere holiday factor,’ and we're going to have a really really big Q4 season."

"The 3080 and 3090 have a demand issue, not a supply issue," said Huang. "The demand issue is that it is much much greater than we expected — and we expected really a lot."

"Retailers will tell you they haven't seen a phenomenon like this in over a decade of computing. It hearkens back to the old days of Windows 95 and Pentium when people were just out of their minds to buy this stuff. So this is a phenomenon like we've not seen in a long time, and we just weren't prepared for it."

"Even if we knew about all the demand, I don't think it's possible to have ramped that fast. We're ramping really, really hard. Yields are great, the product's shipping fantastically, it's just getting sold out instantly," said Huang. "I appreciate it very much, I just don't think there's a real problem to solve. It's a phenomenon to observe. It's just a phenomenon."

Sourcehttps://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-ceo-geforce-rtx-3080-and-3090-shortages-to-last-until-2021

Edited by roun90
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, WR10 said:

Should I go for the 2070 super mini which is on sale right now on Amazon for 38.7k ? Iam mainly looking to get it for 1440p ultra 60fps.

2070S is still a solid card. If you want to buy now, go ahead.

3070 will be expensive and go out of stock like 3080. 3060 won't be coming for few more months. 

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

2070S is still a solid card. If you want to buy now, go ahead.

3070 will be expensive and go out of stock like 3080. 3060 won't be coming for few more months. 

3 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

@WR10 Thats a good price. Grab it. Do check reviews of the card first tho. 

Thanks guys for your inputs. Placed the order. But now have to build my pc around it.