Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HundredProofSam

IMPORTANT: IndianVideoGamer Rules and Regulations

210 posts in this topic

The number of TP posts have increased manifold since we allowed everyone access. The same will happen for gadgets - in fact more since in our country gadgets sell more than games. Otherwise this forum will just become another crappy trading forum.

i think granting everyone access should be rethought of.. we are seeing an influx of a lot of members who are just interested in trading nothing else... so many TP posts all of them complete newbies..they sell things and then not seen again...infact raise the bar of posts a bit so that people cant even think of spamming their way to TP...make it 250 posts or something...50 was too low so people thought that they can spam their way in within a few days..

And to people who say that many people might not be posting that much but might want to sell should shove it.. we already decided that we are primarily a gaming forum, not a trading forum.. so if they can't sell because their post count is low should be their own loss...

Lets not do that. I think removing the post limit was a sensible thing to do in hindsight. If we increase the post limit either it will simply discourage new guys from even trying or encourage them to spam harder and faster. The system we have currently going for us is working fine.

I understand seeing TP posts in the new posts column is irritating but changing TP rules isnt the way to fix that.

meh well if the current mods aren't enough to control the spamming - get more mods. there are a lot of sensible posters on this site(like dis guy http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/ind...?showuser=1792) who go way back too. what does it discourage them from though? if the only reason theyre on here is to sell, surely discouraging them is better.

anyway carry on, just wanted to know the reason - im against both the new rules (just making my stance clear, though who cares :S )

i think granting everyone access should be rethought of.. we are seeing an influx of a lot of members who are just interested in trading nothing else... so many TP posts all of them complete newbies..they sell things and then not seen again...infact raise the bar of posts a bit so that people cant even think of spamming their way to TP...make it 250 posts or something...50 was too low so people thought that they can spam their way in within a few days..

And to people who say that many people might not be posting that much but might want to sell should shove it.. we already decided that we are primarily a gaming forum, not a trading forum.. so if they can't sell because their post count is low should be their own loss...

There are members who don't post that much but still are good. We wouldn't want to remove their access to TP. Then there are the new guys who want to trade only. As long as they trade only in games and don't spam they're good. Otherwise every day it was a case of some 20 old threads being bumped. Cleaning those up were a mess and this way at least our regular threads are not spammed. And it's always up to the members whom they trade with - we can only provide so much protection from the scammers.

meh well if the current mods aren't enough to control the spamming - get more mods. there are a lot of sensible posters on this site(like dis guy http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/ind...?showuser=1792) who go way back too. what does it discourage them from though? if the only reason theyre on here is to sell, surely discouraging them is better.

anyway carry on, just wanted to know the reason - im against both the new rules (just making my stance clear, though who cares :S )

We can throw as many mods as we want at the problem of spamming and it wouldn't go away. All of us have jobs / studies and it's impossible to monitor the site 24/ 7.

Still can't figure out why you have issue with the new rules though? Is it only because you can't deal in gadgets and phones?

there are a lot of sensible posters on this site(like dis guy http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/ind...?showuser=1792) who go way back too. what does it discourage them from though? if the only reason theyre on here is to sell, surely discouraging them is better.

:( i knew u self linked... n still i clicked...

btw grimmy check the post count difference :blink:

both of you guys shut it.. i am ready to sacrifice my time and be a super mod/admin.. This is the least I could do for IVG :scarerun:

and what might be privileges of said super mod/admin??? :naughty:

and what might be privileges of said super mod/admin??? :scarerun:

immutable banning power... :naughty: will ban milo first thing :panic:

and yeah, won't mind a 50% cut in the sell-off to a phoren publication :panic: