Tricky Situation

ZooZoo

Okay, so as the title suggests, I'm in a bit of a tricky situation.Few months back i moved to Mumbai and because i didnt had any local address proof i had to take mobile number on the ID of my flatmate. Now that I've moved back to Bangalore a week back and yet to take a new local number because I have all my bank account and other important legal stuff tied to that mobile number. Yesterday my number suddenly stopped working and after talking to customer care i realized that it has been deactivated on my request. Which was given by my flatmate as he had all the details to register a complaint. So i was angry and scolded him on FB as that was the only way to contact him because i dont have a working number. Now what this bastard does is calls up my dad(as dad once called him when my phone was not working) and start abusing. Fortunately Dad didn't picked up the call as he gave me phone after seeing his name popping up on his screen.
Now i explained the situation to dad and told him not to receive his call and he agreed. So what does this a**hole does next? He gets a duplicate sim of my number which he could because it was on his ID proof. Apparently that was the whole plan from the beginning as he know i always keep a lot of balance and data in my number. He's a sadakchap jo ek ek paise ke liye marta hai. So 150 buck talktime and 800 mb data must be like a lottery for him.

So he's using that number now and waiting for my friends to call me up. Today one of my friends called me and he got it and started abusing my friend and started telling lies that I've stole money from him and ran to bangalore.

f**kity f**k f**k f**k. I'm so angry that i just wanna shoot this bastard. Any suggestions on how to fix this situation?

[22/11 7:18 PM] Rajan Saini: Pehle to phone karke maa k dine ki mc karde.. Dusra complaint karke no band karva de... If phone company can do that

And if your some friend is living in that area... Then ask him to pay that s o b a visit

Big boss ko baat bhi sahi hai

Surprisingly ICICIDirect allowed me to change my registered mobile number online while ICICIBank denied that. So I have to visit in person to deactivate it. I can't believe there are such people in this world. Wasted my so much time since yesterday.

Surprisingly ICICIDirect allowed me to change my registered mobile number online while ICICIBank denied that. So I have to visit in person to deactivate it. I can't believe there are such people in this world. Wasted my so much time since yesterday.

As far as I know, you should be able to register your contact number from any ICICI ATM. Thats how I did mine.

As far as I know, you should be able to register your contact number from any ICICI ATM. Thats how I did mine.

Thanks a ton mate. While registering from ATM does it sends some OTP on your new number or not??? Because i just got a sim and it will be activated only on monday. So If OTP is not involved then I'll register it tomorrow itself

Register a complaint with the mobile operator, hand them your identity proofs and request for SIM blocking and number deactivation immediately. (Basically, close down the account. The phone number belongs to the company, they will allocate it again. But your account should be closed)

Thanks a ton mate. While registering from ATM does it sends some OTP on your new number or not??? Because i just got a sim and it will be activated only on monday. So If OTP is not involved then I'll register it tomorrow itself

That I don't recall exactly. OTP might be involved so I'd say better you wait out till your new sim is up & running.

Register a complaint with the mobile operator, hand them your identity proofs and request for SIM blocking and number deactivation immediately. (Basically, close down the account. The phone number belongs to the company, they will allocate it again. But your account should be closed)

That I cannot do. Legally it is his number. I took it on his as I didn't had my address proof with me. That is the whole situation. Nothing legal can be done about it.

That I cannot do. Legally it is his number. I took it on his as I didn't had my address proof with me. That is the whole situation. Nothing legal can be done about it.

Then just take this as a lesson for the future when choosing flatmates.

Why did you get the number on his ID? You could have used your ID and his address... that way the number would have been yours.

Anyways you can't get this number since it legally belongs to him, but you could try to sue him for harrasment and stealing. You should probably talk to someone who practices law and they could tell you what you can do here.

Archived