Guys need some advice.. I have 2 gaming pcs at 2 different locations..

One has i5 4690k, msi gaming 5 mobo, 16gb ddr3 ram

& the other one is fx 8350, m5a97 pro evo mobo, 16 gb ram..

Both have gtx 970 on it. I mostly game at 1080p @ 60hz.

Havent noticed any bottleneck. Nor do i get much time to game on. 6-10 hrs per week is an average.

But i like to keep things updated. So my question is should i sell of the amd rig and get an intel i7 system.. Or should i wait few months for zen cpus to be released.

Also need to know if i get a better deal for i7 4790k should i get that or spend a bit more and get i7 6700k.

Lastly should i update my gfx card to gtx 1070. Will be getting a 144hz monitor soon.

Or should i wait few more days. Confused!!

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

Hey, I have been contemplating having 2 rigs myself, just a few questions, how do you manage to keep your files in sync, I am sure the steam cloud shouldn't be a problem, are the constant updates an issue? Did you consider getting a gamin laptop?

Edited by the_BIG_J

Hey, I have been contemplating having 2 rigs myself, just a few questions, how do you manage to keep your files in sync, I am sure the steam cloud shouldn't be a problem, are the constant updates an issue? Did you consider getting a gamin laptop?

Well for steam updates or any other game related updates you need to update both the systems separately for any patch or something.. But the progress is always synced. I use steam backup if the update size is large. Also the same applies to battlenet.. Etc. For other documents, music files etc. I either keep both those frequently used files in both and the random ones in any one of them and a backup copy of everything in my external usb drives.

For 144 Hz monitor, get a 1070.

For CPU upgrade wait for Zen and Intel's next line to release in 2017. FX 8350 is still good enough.

Got the 144hz monitor today. Mostly needed it for OW. Well getting 120-130 fps easily at ultra. Sometimes even touches 144.. So well i am glad my last gen 970 is keeping up with the current gens.. As for the proccy & mobo upgrade i guess ill wait for amd's lineup and see how it stands..

54cab8a1d8c46ceb665aad51ac72ef73.jpg

Thats the LG24GM77 monitor btw. Got it for 16,800/- lol.. Hell of a deal..

Edited by avanildutta

Well for steam updates or any other game related updates you need to update both the systems separately for any patch or something.. But the progress is always synced. I use steam backup if the update size is large. Also the same applies to battlenet.. Etc. For other documents, music files etc. I either keep both those frequently used files in both and the random ones in any one of them and a backup copy of everything in my external usb drives.

Thanks for response, may just go for a dual setup myself. Also, how was the PayTm service for your monitor order? How long did it take for them to deliver it?

Thanks for response, may just go for a dual setup myself. Also, how was the PayTm service for your monitor order? How long did it take for them to deliver it?

Well order and CB service was good too.. Well for the delivery part which was done via GATI was not so great.. It took around 10days. Though it was nicely packed without any flaws.

I prefer paytm when the items that i need are not of immediate use by me & if the price tag is insanely low like in case of my monitor or few puma slippers that i got from them.

As far as customer support goes. They take around 24~36 hrs to respond to your mails. But ya those response i got were specific and fully satisfied.

Final note if you or anyone is getting something at a good price via paytm and doesnot care how long it might take (max 15 days) then ya i would recommend paytm. Thats my opinion. It may vary from people to people.. Hope it helps..

These #numbers of games are based on how many metacritic have been able to score or how many are released because I don't think only 450 games are released on PC on 2016. Quite a difference between PS4 and Xbox one numbers.