Is it true Valve allow Chinese gamers to access DOTA 2 without installing Steam client ?

I was checking out PUBG steam forum section and there people were saying  PUBG numbers higher than DOTA 2 on steam coz Steam doesn't count Chinese DOTA 2 numbers as majority of Chinese gamers use third party app for DOTA2 whereas PUBG uses Steam client in China, which significantly increases  player count over DOTA2 on Steam.

Edited by WhiteWolf

6 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

I am planning to get the origin access, i can play the  games fully right? No catch and restrictions?

^ Only catch is that you will have to wait for the full game to be available on the service. 

There are no restrictions apart from that. 

Guys which monitor would you suggest, need a ips panel with thin bezel and 1080p. Any point of getting freesync monitor with nvidia gpu? And i have read faint lines across yellow,blue colour with 75hz monitors.

I have these in mind

1. LG 24MP88HV-S 24
2. LG Gaming 24MP59G
3. LG 23MP68VQ 23"
4.  Benq GW2406Z IPS panel

https://www.amazon.in/LG-24MP88HV-S-24-inch-Slim-Monitor/dp/B01BGI6GZC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B06XDY3SJF/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i2?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06XDY3SJF&pd_rd_r=6da24480-d45c-11e7-ad28-014ae5dc2f42&pd_rd_w=Hn1zm&pd_rd_wg=5LbLK&pf_rd_m=A1VBAL9TL5WCBF&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=JHYJPBYCBBZRFFA3M93S&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=a66bc199-b270-44de-9fcc-5cf0a06a7727&pf_rd_i=desktop

https://www.amazon.in/LG-23MP68VQ-Class-Full-Monitor/dp/B01ICTT4Y8/ref=pd_sbs_147_12?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PRVW5A2MZT2V5NHQPY9X
Free sync only works with amd cards
Nvdia has g sync which costs money unlike free sync which as the name suggests is completely free
I can vouch for the 1st lg monitor as I use it
But my main use is movies, games, browsing in that way

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SpearHea:D said:

~snip~ 

Getting a FreeSync monitor with your setup is pointless. But if you get the option to pick up a slim bezel monitor with that feature, no harm in picking it up, your best bet would be LG in that price range. 

I have a 75Hz Acer monitor with FreeSync and an RX480, never faced the issue you are describing. 

@ALPHA17 @HotSonix yeah i also believed the same but then i saw this review. This guy is using 1050ti and said he he saw clear difference in using freesync, this is leading to confusion for me.

He mentions this at 5:40

@HEMAN that would be too big and i would prefer 24inch monitor over tv. I used my sony 32 inch tv in the past but went back to my monitor. Thank you.

^ He noted that he got stutter with the monitor.

Most benefits can be attributed to the higher refresh rate. Which is the reason why I said, if you can get a FreeSync capable monitor, no harm but do not expect to see a whole lot of benefits with your nVidia GPU. 

^^ Get a BenQ Monitor and overclock it to 90hz LG's tend to max out at 75hz. I used to have something similar to the one in video. It was a 22inch MP67VQ I think not sure had bought it locally for 8k. Oced to 75hz it was bezel less however it did have black border on all sides. 

Edited by HEMAN

1 hour ago, ALPHA17 said:

^ He noted that he got stutter with the monitor.

Most benefits can be attributed to the higher refresh rate. Which is the reason why I said, if you can get a FreeSync capable monitor, no harm but do not expect to see a whole lot of benefits with your nVidia GPU. 

Oh thank you, my bad. I'll try prices locally and get the silver one most probably.

15 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Oh thank you, my bad. I'll try prices locally and get the silver one most probably.

Hey Spear bhaiya, I could get you the monitor at decent price if you want..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PC games sales in 2017 are almost as big as all console sales combined

PC gaming appears to be in a really healthy stage. Today, GamesIndustry published some interesting statistics about the video-game sales of 2017. GamesIndustry reached out numerous analysts in order to create the following graph, and browsed through lots of financials and sales figures.

As we can see, PC gaming accounts for 28% of the total game market in 2017, whereas consoles (this includes all consoles) accounts for 29%. As such, and if we compare the PC individually with each console, we can easily see how more profitable PC gaming actually is. 

Going into slightly more details, PC gaming generated $32.3 billion in 2017 and saw a YoY growth of 1.4%. Boxed and downloaded PC games generated $27.1 billion whereas browser PC games generated for $5.2 billion. 

Naturally, the biggest video-game market right now is the mobile which accounts for 43%. 

Still, and what’s really important here, is that PC gaming is a really healthy market, something that more and more console-only developers appear to acknowledge. With the exception of first-party titles, the PC is currently getting all sorts of console games; from fighting to arcade and JRPGs. 

Below you can find GamesIndustry’s graph. Here’s to a better and bigger new year!

7IcQaA8.jpg

EdUr5YU.png