Was trying to play COD WW2 on my old PC, haven't upgraded the hardware for some time (long long time actually). Can the experts here suggest if I can upgrade few of the components in my current rig or would I need a completely new rig? Been out of the game for a while. Please direct me to the correct thread if this isn't the right one to post in.

My config - Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93 Ghz (2 cores)

6 GB RAM

AMD Radeon 7700 series graphics card 1 GB (or is it called AMD Radeon R7 200 Series now?)

Windows 8.1

Edited by gamebore

^ That entire set-up could use an upgrade. 

Irrespective. Now is not a good time to purchase a new PC. 

Welcome to the forums and have a pleasant stay. Cheers! 

P.S. -- Move these queries to the Gaming PC thread in the future. 

Edited by ALPHA17

40 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

No need to get overly excited. None of the current nvidia cards support these features on a hardware level. So it will be probably software based and it will be crap. Full benefits will exist on Volta.

Apparently, the system on which the demo was previewed cost $60,000  using the Tesla professional GPU's. 

And even with the latest hardware, it will run like hot garbage. 

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Yeah but something which runs on a super expensive PC isn't gonna come to mid range graphics cards anytime soon. 

But then, what do I know? I would like to hear your thoughts on this. 

Two generations tops. It will be implemented in all mainstream cards. As for how good it looks /runs is anyone's guess. 

Obviously, no one would use it unless the hardware actually gets tuned for it properly because Real-Time Ray Tracing was and is still one of the most CPU and GPU intensive tasks. In fact, when I was in animation school less than a decade back, this was considered a pipedream because of the amount of computing power required and other technicalities in the whole system. 

https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/24/steam-4-3-bilion-revenue-2017/

2017 was Steam’s best year yet in terms of revenue.

Steam revenue in 2017 is estimated to have hit $4.3 billion, half of which can be attributed to just 100 titles out of the over 21,000 available on the service.

Speaking during a GDC 2018 panel, SteamSpy’s Sergey Galyonkin said the $800 million revenue increase over 2016’s $3.5 billion made 2017 Steam’s biggest year yet. And the $4.3 billion in revenue doesn’t take into account sales of DLC, in-app purchases or microtransactions.

Out of the over 21,000 titles available on the Steam service (7,696 were released in 2017), the biggest earner was PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. According to Galyonkin’s estimates, PUBG has been purchased by 28 million Steam users,generating $600 million in revenue (thanks, Gamasutra).

The second best-selling game in 2017 was Counter Strike: Global Offensive with $120 million in revenue, followed by GTA 5 with $83 million.

According to Galyonkin, a game needs to have sold $22 million in order to hit the top 20 on the service. Of those in the current top 20, seven were released before 2017 and include The Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, Rainbow Six Siege and others, via GI.biz.

Steam also saw an increase in users during 2017. Galyonkin said there are currently 291 million Steam accounts, and 63 million were created just last year. In the last two weeks, 57 million players were active, and 25% of all users have played a game during the same time period.

The rise in users Galyonkin attributed to cyber cafes in China where PUBG is a huge hit.

Steam in 2017 - How Steam Direct, PUBG and the rise of China affected the biggest PC gaming marketplace in 2017

Good read. 

zQcxAJx.jpg

kjqH8K1.jpg

3vbMzxI.jpg

PPw0Hzk.jpg

MtEdmZ3.jpg

RC2YJec.jpg

7VO3InL.jpg

vtXMqeI.jpg

6DWQvam.jpg

Summary

• 2017 was the best year for Valve so far: more games, more sales, more gamers.
  • Steam sales are heavily skewed to the top, but it was always like this. We see more games joining the tail than ever and affecting averages.
  • Games at higher price-points make more money, especially full-priced AAA titles.
  • There are many users from China on Steam, but they don’t seem to be buying much outside of PUBG.
  • China is the biggest gaming market in the world, but it’s not yet reflected on Steam.
  • Steam Direct caused a significant increase in the number of new titles releases but it’s nothing compared to the Greenlight launch.

Question. 

I have the *ahem* version of a couple of games. I want to buy origin access and play these games. The only reason I have them is that I don’t have a entered connection and I can’t download these games. Can I use these files without having to redone load from origin ?