They are only locking down their own Xbox games as app on Win 10, not any other games which is fine..It's their games and don't want to share profits with Steam.

If u want to play Gears then you have to lock your self to MS ecosystem.

This idea will tank. for starters not many are interested in playing gears 1 again ! . and their uwp framework stinks and not at all coincides with the ideology of pc gaming. cdpr also has gog but they still released their title on steam. sure you can give more discount on your platform because of higher margin but forcing exclusivity just shows total lack of confidence in their own sw Edited by coolbreezester

Well whatever, Windows is of Microsoft, they do what they want and we will do what we want.

Lets hope SteamOS is open and gets better.

Open source legendary programmers arnt eradicated yet.

Maybe next open OS is AnonymousOS :lol:

yeah they are just wasting time and money on these PC ports. If they really are serious about supporting Windows 10 gaming then they should properly release on Steam as well like Ubisoft.

or

create a proper user friendly PC client like Steam without any kind of restrictions.

I was quite shocked when i read about all these restrictions on Windows store..You can't mod games nd all on Win 10 store? f**k that..Never gonna buy anything from there till they fix it..They are allowing mods on XboxOne but not Win 10 store..f**king crazy :rofl:

^ Yeah! I would like to see those MOD's first.

Also, looking at the way they are going about these releases, doubt they are evening putting money and effort in them, looking at all those bloated system requirements.

• Like 1

Well whatever, Windows is of Microsoft, they do what they want and we will do what we want.

Lets hope SteamOS is open and gets better.

Open source legendary programmers arnt eradicated yet.

Maybe next open OS is AnonymousOS :lol:

Steam OS is dead..No one likes that sh*t..PC gaming starts and ends with Windows. Best PC games are on Windows..

Publishers like EA, Rockstar, Ubisoft, Activision and Bethesda will never release their big games on Steam OS...If you want to play bunch of indie games then sure use Steam OS coz it's full of indie sh*t lol

Steam OS is dead..No one likes that sh*t..PC gaming starts and ends with Windows. Best PC games are on Windows..

Publishers like EA, Rockstar, Ubisoft, Activision and Bethesda will never release their big games on Steam OS...If you want to play bunch of indie games then sure use Steam OS coz it's full of indie sh*t lol

It's also because Linux has never been given attention as a platform for gaming. Earlier Linux wasn't at all user friendly. It has changed now and if MS continues with such measures and perhaps force others on their platform, than we might start seeing more investment on Linux as a gaming platform

Win 10 is great OS for gaming..Fast and easy to use..Very hard to convince users to move to Linux just for gaming. People will not switch OS just coz they can't play few Xbox exclusives on Steam. 99% of all big 3rd party games are on Steam..There is no reason to use Steam OS now.

^ Yeah! I should probably put out your PM's to me. :giggle:

Windows 10 is okay, after you shut off half the crap that Microsoft has put in it. They might as well have a disclaimer stating that everything you do in the OS runtime is their property.

And with the current state of the Windows Store with gaming, they could giveaway the game for free and I would still tell people not to download it.

^ Then why not simply roll back to Windows 7 because just a couple of months you were happy with it and there was no reason to update. What changed in the interim?

But hey, sometimes I cannot understand why you keep carrying an argument so we will just deal with it and keep going.

any idea why steam is so slow? or maybe uplay is fast cause i downloaded 29GB of the division preload in about 90 mins but on steam is telling me my talos principle 6 gb download will take me 3-4 hrs. it hapened earlier too with other games on steam while uplay, origin have been super fast.

am on 4mbps connection btw.

Change server from settings.

Also 29 GB in 90 minutes on 4mbps is unreal.

This.Basic math gives ~16Hours for 29GBs on a 4mbps connecction.

EDIT: Or is it 4MegaBytes/s?

Edited by A Hunter

any idea why steam is so slow? or maybe uplay is fast cause i downloaded 29GB of the division preload in about 90 mins but on steam is telling me my talos principle 6 gb download will take me 3-4 hrs. it hapened earlier too with other games on steam while uplay, origin have been super fast.

am on 4mbps connection btw.

uPlay is cached I believe. I downloaded the Division Beta @10MB/s.

Steam was normal throughout and a friend suggested yesterday that I switch the download server. First changed it to one of the Chinese servers and was getting variable speeds between 1MB/s to 3MB/s. Finally, kept it to Kazakhstan server and got a massive boost of 8MB/s to 10MB/s.

Try doing that as even Steam's troubleshooting database has it as a possible solution to slow speeds.

• 2 weeks later...
Microsoft will let Xbox, PC gamers play online with other platforms

Microsoft is officially opening up its network gaming capabilities, allowing developers to have Xbox One and Windows 10 games play online with other console and PC platforms. Yes, we could soon live in a world where Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players could fight each other to the death outside of comment sections (if Sony actually agrees to cooperate). It's entirely up to developers to implement this cross-platform capability, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up getting widely adopted. Psyonix's Rocket League will be the first game to take advantage of the feature, starting with Xbox One/PC network play later this spring. All eyes will be on Sony to see how it responds at GDC this week.

This is really giving me GFWL deja vu vibes. I am guessing this will get the same level of support as that did from developers about cross platform play.

Edited by Aftrunner

Pretty sure option to choose to play against console would definitely be present, I wouldnt be concerned about that. The major topic is will Sony do the same? Because now when people will buy xbox, they would have a bonus of extra PC playerbase for pvp and more developers would like to create Xbox/PC games knowing their game would run longer.