2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Would people be interested in having a dedicated indie/small games discussion thread where users can talk about games which don't have separate threads?

Plenty of good indie/small games and making a separate thread for every game and having no discussion is pointless. Rather one single massive thread for it. 

Yep, I would like to have a separate thread for indie games. There are tons and tons of good indie games out there which are being missed. All people here care about is 'OMFG this exclusive game looks so good' 'I have the best console evah, go home xbox' 'Marvel vs DC' lol.. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pixeljunkie said:

@Heaven Angel What exactly disappoints you?

I was under the impression that these VEGA line of cards will compete Nvidia Volta line of cards. Therefore, the disappointment!. But I think I was wrong. As alpha17 quoted it is to go up against Pascal then these new cards from AMD are quite good. Cheaper and better compared to the Greens.  

I was under the impression that these VEGA line of cards will compete Nvidia Volta line of cards. Therefore, the disappointment!. But I think I was wrong. As alpha17 quoted it is to go up against Pascal then these new cards from AMD are quite good. Cheaper and better compared to the Greens.  

Cheaper and better? Nope.

Vega 56 will cost more than 1070 in India.

Also 60W higher power consumption.

And a year late.

It better be faster than 1070 in majority of games.

Vega 64 is not even worth considering.

• 2 weeks later...

Killer 46YoQbv.png 

GTX 1080 is more than a year old.

GTX 1080 is cheaper. 

GTX 1080 is leading the benchmark average. 

AMD cannot compete without nVidia anymore. 1 year late. $499 is an introductory price. $599 is retail and $699 for liquid cooled. 46YoQbv.png 

RX Vega 56 is a better buy till nVidia lowers GTX 1070 price. RX Vega 64 is a joke. 

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 1

https://videocardz.com/72147/intel-core-8th-gen-coffee-lake-cpus-listed-for-back-order

The only information is the product code and the price:

INTEL BOXED 8TH GEN INTEL I7-8700K PROCESSOR [BX80684I78700K]: $484.44

INTEL BOXED 8TH GEN INTEL I7-8700 PROCESSOR [BX80684I78700]: $407.73

INTEL BOXED 8TH GEN INTEL I5-8600K PROCESSOR [BX80684I58600K]: $338.00

INTEL BOXED 8TH GEN INTEL I5-8400 PROCESSOR [BX80684I58400]:  $237.58

INTEL BOXED 8TH GEN INTEL I3-8350K PROCESSOR [BX80684I38350K]: $233.41

INTEL BOXED 8TH GEN INTEL I3-8100 PROCESSOR [BX80684I38100]: $152.51

On 21/08/2017 at 4:27 AM, Django_3101 said:

I think you got the wrong prices.

The actual street prices will be

I3-8100-$119(10k)

I5-8400-$186(16k)

I5-8600K -$265(21k)

I7-8700-$319(26k)

I7-8700K-$379(31k)

Indian price includes GST rate of 28%

just posting my temps here after upgrading to CM Hyper 212 LED Turbo

using stock intel cooler my templs were 50-65C while idling,and 95C(i guess here it used to throttle) while playing BF1/100% CPU usage

with the hyper 212 led turbo idling temps are ~30C and 61C on full load like BF1,i'm impressed,i used to think the review websites were bullshiting with their temperate climates :P

I can finally overclock now :wOOtjumpy:

18 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

just posting my temps here after upgrading to CM Hyper 212 LED Turbo

using stock intel cooler my templs were 50-65C while idling,and 95C(i guess here it used to throttle) while playing BF1/100% CPU usage

with the hyper 212 led turbo idling temps are ~30C and 61C on full load like BF1,i'm impressed,i used to think the review websites were bullshiting with their temperate climates :P

I can finally overclock now :wOOtjumpy:

Idle temperature should hover around 30C. But your Load temperatures are atleast 5C higher than normal, even in humid Indian conditions. What's your intake configuration? One or two intake fans? Install a second fan if you have only a single intake fan. Clean the dust from your cabinet on a regular basis.

9 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

Idle temperature should hover around 30C. But your Load temperatures are atleast 5C higher than normal, even in humid Indian conditions. What's your intake configuration? One or two intake fans? Install a second fan if you have only a single intake fan. Clean the dust from your cabinet on a regular basis.

2 intake,1 exhaust

and yes the front filter is clogged with dust.