Just now, PhantomShade said:

I used to always think that Persona 5 being exclusive to PS4 was because Altus/SEGA thinking that unwashed PC and Xbox neanderthals wouldn't buy a single copy of Persona.

like how sega used to make Yakuza games only for PS, then after years of port begging starting putting those on PC also.

Never knew Sony actually has one of them exclusivity deals with sega.

These days (i.e. when custom architecture is done and everything is a mini PC) - no company will ever make an exclusive if there is no significant benefit in doing so. Atlus is also not that big into the exclusive game, and they do make Multi-plat games whenever possible. They don't "look down on PC/Xbox Gamers" as you think. Persona Arena games were already multi-platform, right since PS3/X360 days, for example. Same with Catherine.

But specifically to Persona and SMT there always seems to be a behind-the-scenes deal going on. For example, mainstream Persona games only ever came to the PS consoles. And the Shin Megami Tensei Games (Persona sister series) only ever came to Nintendo consoles. This despite the fact that Persona was pretty much popular (Though not as huge as FF till 5) since the days of Persona 3, and SMT games used to come on the PS2.

So what would explain this - other than some deal between companies going on?

As far as Yakuza is concerned - that is where your point stands. SEGA had some painful experiences on PS3. Yakuza 3 came to the West on PS3 severely censored (And it's not even the adult things - they straight up removed things like Mahjong, quizzes etc. because they thought "Westerners won't like this"). They learned from this on Yakuza 4. But both games did not come for a very long time (2-3 years after their Japanese launch) and they and their spinoffs (Dead souls etc. which were not good games) were received poorly. Hence they pretty much gave up on anything Western/American. And people begged Sony, who by themselves published Yakuza 5 on their own dime to give a Digital only Western release.

So Yakuza devs did think people won't like the series on PC/Xbox/Whatever or even PS for that matter. The fact that Yakuza 0 blew up as it did was a surprise for them. The Yakuza 0 PC release was also just to test the waters. Now, after that they don't doubt any more. We get Yakuza releases quickly and pretty much on all platforms from now on (They might have a deal with Sony since Yakuza 5 days that prevents the Kiryu Saga, i.e. Yakuza 1-6 from going to Xbox maybe) .

54 minutes ago, SRINI87 said:

What is the Difference between person 5 and royal?

Royal is the enhanced re-release of base Persona 5 (kind of the original + an expansion pack) that adds around 30 hours of brand new story content, along with numerous gameplay changes, graphics made better etc. and also giving out stuff like multiple full concerts of Persona games that were performed in Japan, OSTs etc.

@adity I don't know about Japanese companies honor or something. A lot of people, including the companies themselves, talk about it a lot. But then we have things like FF going multi-plat as soon as it was viable, despite Sony saving SE from bankruptcy; Konami's treatment of Kojima, despite him almost single-handedly carrying on their gaming division for quite a bit of time etc.

At the end of the day, these are businesses, and they do whatever gives them the most money - like all businesses should.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, adity said:

Hard to say that when the best games of the generation have been console exclusives. 

Depends on who you ask. Other than Last of Us, Persona, God of War, not really. 

You could throw in Bloodborne but can argue DS games are better and redefined the genre. Spider-Man vs. Batman games too. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/31/best-games-of-the-decade-2010-2019

https://www.polygon.com/features/2019/11/4/20944265/best-games-2019-2010-ps4-switch-xbox-pc-100-51

https://www.denofgeek.com/games/best-video-games-2010s-decade/

Games like UC and HZD doesn't make me buy PlayStation. Those are just another game among 100s and not one time great experience like Last of Us/GoW. 

For some BoTW is best game of the generation. It is Nintendo exclusive. For some it is Witcher 3. For some it is GoW. Best games are available everywhere. It's personal preference. Dumb argument.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, radicaldude said:

As I have said before, the  Pc might just become the surprise (not really) winner of this generation!! 

PC's don't fit into this console concept of "generations" lel :rofl:

Hell i doubt even the Nintendo consoles do.

PC hardware upgrades are gradual and user dependent, so are eye candy in games, unlike consoles where everything is pre-set by the console maker.

But however it is truly the best time since forever to be a PC gamer, games wise atleast :cheers:

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

PC's don't fit into this console concept of "generations" lel :rofl:

Hell i doubt even the Nintendo consoles do.

PC hardware upgrades are gradual and user dependent, so are eye candy in games, unlike consoles where everything is pre-set by the console maker.

But however it is truly the best time since forever to be a PC gamer, games wise atleast :cheers:

I meant for games of this generation . With Playstation hits launching on the PC, and every damn XsX game getting a PC release, the glorious days of PC gaming are back.

PCs would surely replace Xbox(es) in many households.

Edited by radicaldude

19 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Persona 3 Portable too huh.

Why portable though.. Persona 3 FES version is better (except for the lack of female protagonist option).

Hmm.. tried to find the differences between P3FES and P3P.. and seems like both versions have their pros and cons :

FES

• Animated cutscenes, add a lot to the experience, especially the scenes towards the end.
  • 3D world where you control your character and characters animate during dialogue scenes. Adds a lot of personality and impact to many scenes.
  • The Answer epilogue. More Persona 3. Focuses heavily on combat.
  • Cannot control party members in combat. AI is reasonably competent with one big exception.

P3P

• Can control party members in combat, just like in P4.
  • Can play as a female protagonist. Fantastic for a second playthrough as it changes quite a bit (and in turn, a male protagonist playthrough would make a fantastic second run if you decided to play as female first).
  • No 3D world except when in "dungeon" areas. Has more of a visual novel style outside of combat, with character portraits on top of mostly static background images.
  • No animated cutscenes.
Edited by GeraltOfRivia

6 hours ago, harjas said:

If they announce 5 with it I shall cry 

They will, this is just testing the waters.

with Yakuza also they tested releasing the older ones on PC, and later every fresh yakuza game released on PC as well as PS

Just now, adity said:

I don't understand this though. Porting persona 5 royal from ps4 has to be easier than porting a game from vita which will require significant work on upgrading it. Like P5 royal is already localised and has 4k textures and all that along with ps4 architecture being similar to PC. It's a really baffling decision. Or perhaps they want maximum money cuz very people are gonna buy P4G after P5 royal. 

As I said previously, 99% it has to do with backroom deals with Sony. P5/P5R is an important exclusive to the PS Consoles. P3FES/P3P/P4G are ancient. Porting them to PC, increasing Persona fanbase, who will try out P5 or buy PS5 for P6 - that's a pretty good strategy. Same logic why Horizon 1 is coming to PC - it's value as an exclusive by itself is done and now it's being used to promote Horizon 2 on PS5.

As for why I'm saying Persona is exclusive to PS Consoles despite Atlus being 3rd party - it's mainly because of looking at the history. Mainline Persona games could have functioned very well as multi-plat games. There was a long time demand on PC and Nintendo Consoles, seeing how many people ask about it on various threads as well as the no. of times the games have been emulated, not to mention how well Atlus games do on those platforms. But despite everything, mainline Persona games (And their enhanced editions) are always exclusive to PS, despite their spin-offs going multi-plat and doing very well. Heck, Persona 5 Scramble is a spin-off sequel to Persona 5, and yet - Switch is not getting base Persona 5 or Royal. Persona Arena Games were the multi-plat sequels to persona 3 and 4 - and did very well, and yet the base Persona 3 & 4 never came to the XBox 360.

The opposite always happens with Atlus's Shin Megami Tensei Games and it's spin-offs (Exclusive to Nintendo, despite it's potential to do well on all platforms), and SMT is the sister series (Actually the mainline series of which Persona is the spin-off).

How do you explain that, other than all those being exclusivity contracts with Sony & Nintendo?

Hey guys, I am planning to build a pc for gaming. Complete noob here.

Let me know where to start. :unsure: 

Budget arnd 1.5 including a monitor.

Edited by pArth

14 minutes ago, pArth said:

What resolution and FPS do you want to game at.

1440P 144HZ IPS 27 inch IPS monitors go for 35k-45k, the LG UK650 27 Inch 4K IPS monitor goes for 30K on amazon.

Minimum for a gaming build in 2020 though i would suggest

CPU Ryzen 3600 15k or 16k

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard 10K approx

RAM: 2 sticks of 8GB DDR4 RAM( for a total of 16GB ) @ 3200mhz for around 6-7k, choose G.Skill or Corsair for the brands

once you decide the res fps you want to play at, i can suggest the rest of the parts.

15 minutes ago, pArth said:

There are folks around who know a lot more. But this is what I'd recommend.

1. Ryzen 3600 (probably wait to see if XT is worth it).

2. Get a B450M board (MSI or AsRock). Go for an X570 if you want no hassles with upgrading to Ryzen 4 though. I have an X570 Aorus Pro from GB which is good. Other good ones include those from MSI/Asus. But check for good VRMs and reviews once you decide if you want B450/X570.

3. RTX 2070 Super. Msi/Zotac/GB with triple fan ideally

4. 16GB 3200Mhz or greater RAM. Gskill Trident/Corsair Vengeance/Gskill Ripjaws

5. Samsung Evo 860/Crucial MX 500 SATA SSD. 500GB or more.

6. Get a gold rated Corsair TX/CM 650W PSU.

7. Good mesh case from CM or other brand of your choice

25 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

What resolution and FPS do you want to game at.

1440P 144HZ IPS 27 inch IPS monitors go for 35k-45k, the LG UK650 27 Inch 4K IPS monitor goes for 30K on amazon.

Minimum for a gaming build in 2020 though i would suggest

CPU Ryzen 3600 15k or 16k

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard 10K approx

RAM: 2 sticks of 8GB DDR4 RAM( for a total of 16GB ) @ 3200mhz for around 6-7k, choose G.Skill or Corsair for the brands

once you decide the res fps you want to play at, i can suggest the rest of the parts.

Should be able to do 4k 120, Should last atleast 6 years :unsure: