Which do you prefer and how do you choose which release to get digital and for which to get a physical copy?

I've long preferred physical copies as I love displaying my collection a shelf and also enjoy simply looking at the cover art from time to time. It will started with Dragon Age: Inquisition which was initially available only on PSN. With no alternative, I went digital and ended up liking the experience. Especially when you finish watching a blu-ray or playing a game and then when you want to play something else, feel lazy to get out of bed and change the disc. I liked the convenience of digital of not having to switch discs. The same pro is applicable for Remote Play when you're in another city or something. It's nice to have access to your entire library instead of just one game. (This is just in theory; I don't have the internet speed to do this currently :P ). I snagged the digital versions of Last of Us, Far Cry 4, and Destiny for really cheap prices. I had opted for digital solely for the prices.

What's happened lately is that I've played the digital versions more than the physical editions. For example: Last week, I had finished watching a Blu-ray and it was 1 a.m. I thought of playing a bit of Infamous (which I haven't yet completed) but was all tucked in bed and didn't want to get up. So I ended up playing 20mins of Destiny instead. This may sound lazy but on weekdays I'm way too exhausted to go to another room and change discs.

This would've been fine were it not for the 1.5 tb limit on the PS4. (I still have a 500gb HDD) I end up being hesitant when it comes to uninstalling digital games because it's a pain to download them all over again. But with the latest update allowing you to transfer to an external HDD, I'm beginning to reconsider digital. How easy is it to uninstall and install from an HDD? But buying external HDDs would again negate the cost of the digital discounts..

I'm thinking: Digital for games that I'll play regularly for years to come. Like Destiny, Division, Battlefront, Injustice.

Physical copies for one-time play-throughs like Arkham Knight.

The question is..Do I get the digital version of Shadow of Mordor for 2k on PSN or wait for a used copy? (which may take god knows how long)

This digital vs physical dilemma is something I've been having for months now. Was wondering what you guys do.

Yes i agree with @Phantomshade That trading for Physical copy is pretty easy and its really hard to pay for the all the games and keep them digitally.Whereas,the games that one pretty much enjoy like The last of us for example can be bought digitally if one wants pay it a frequent visit.For me only the games which one will play regular and won't be fended on playing it multiple times,should buy it digital otherwise its Physical.

What if you got something like Last Of Us for 13$ (digitally)?

still a better deal if you buy it for $40 and sell it for $25

40-50 gb ka bandwidth plus double the disk space plus electricity costs favors to buy physical even if you have to pay $5 more

I have completely gone digital for this gen because:

1. I get to play day 1, thanks to preloads, while physical copy buyers still wait for shipping etc

2. I have 50 Mbps ul connection, so download no issue

3. I only buy good games. I don't sell good games. So I don't mind paying full money for good games like Bloodborne, Dying Light etc

4. I buy physical copies only when there are crazy discounts like we had on FK.

5. No disc swapping. I can just switch between different games when I play without moving my a*s off my couch

6. TP is not what it used to be. Full of impatient or cheap guys. Too much haggling involved, PMs and messages for shipping etc. Its just a hassle especially when you have lot of personal and professional matters to attend to. There are some great deals on tp and still some great folks, but its just not worth the hassle for me now.

Just picked AC unity for 1399 in physical form, i can easily sell it for same price month down the lane on OLX.

I am all for physical copies, i can only buy a GOW game on Digital, because that is one game i know i will never sell. Other then that i don't think i will ever keep a game for long.

I have completely gone digital for this gen because:

1. I get to play day 1, thanks to preloads, while physical copy buyers still wait for shipping etc

2. I have 50 Mbps ul connection, so download no issue

3. I only buy good games. I don't sell good games. So I don't mind paying full money for good games like Bloodborne, Dying Light etc

4. I buy physical copies only when there are crazy discounts like we had on FK.

5. No disc swapping. I can just switch between different games when I play without moving my a*s off my couch

6. TP is not what it used to be. Full of impatient or cheap guys. Too much haggling involved, PMs and messages for shipping etc. Its just a hassle especially when you have lot of personal and professional matters to attend to. There are some great deals on tp and still some great folks, but its just not worth the hassle for me now.

Exactly Same for me

Also i am sharing so makes more sense.

Almost full digital except when FK and BF has clearance deals. But then again digital also has crazy deals these days. I don't sell games and downloading is not an issue so it doesn't bother me. I can carry my PS4 and have my entire library go with it (assuming the HDD doesn't fail in transit)

I always preferred digital over physical copies.

Both have their own advantages and disadvantages.

First and foremost attitude of a person who favors physical copies is that they can play and sell the copy for a good price, that person play once or twice and then move on to another without giving a sh*t about that game again.

Digital copies on the other hand can split half the amount if shared and play whenever they can without any fear of re-selling or loosing it.

A game which is being rushed never gave us the satisfaction nor the joy it deserves. Complete the game as soon as possible to sell on TP for maximum advantage is a complete BS IMO.

Game like Mordor which was released few months back is on sale for 2K on PSN, which can be shared for 1K each. You get to keep it forever and can be played whenever you desire.

Physical. 80gb airtel 4mbps is the best plan avb in my area also I almost always play and sell.

I always preferred digital over physical copies.

Both have their own advantages and disadvantages.

First and foremost attitude of a person who favors physical copies is that they can play and sell the copy for a good price, that person play once or twice and then move on to another without giving a sh*t about that game again.

Digital copies on the other hand can split half the amount if shared and play whenever they can without any fear of re-selling or loosing it.

A game which is being rushed never gave us the satisfaction nor the joy it deserves. Complete the game as soon as possible to sell on TP for maximum advantage is a complete BS IMO.

Game like Mordor which was released few months back is on sale for 2K on PSN, which can be shared for 1K each. You get to keep it forever and can be played whenever you desire.

Bhai epic SP games like tlou, uc or rdr ka mazza mujhe toh tod tod ke khelne mai kabhi nahi aata. Uc type games ko do ya teen sessions mai khatam karke hi mazza aata hai mujhe :P that cinematic feeling gets ruined if you take too long to finish a short SP only game.

Physical. 80gb airtel 4mbps is the best plan avb in my area also I almost always play and sell.

Bhai epic SP games like tlou, uc or rdr ka mazza mujhe toh tod tod ke khelne mai kabhi nahi aata. Uc type games ko do ya teen sessions mai khatam karke hi mazza aata hai mujhe :P that cinematic feeling gets ruined if you take too long to finish a short SP only game.

It's upto you bro, but sabko time nahi milta roz khelna .. even if they want to!

Games like UC, TLOU have a strong MP as well .. They have the best mix of both and people still plays a lot.

games like GOW with you sometimes feel like playing even after you've completed. (Those are examples, not referring to any game)

Dekh yeh to tere pe hai ki tujhe mazaa kaise aata hai..

Archived