Fallout 4

Heaven Angel

Just now, Sach4life said:

Yeah, that is exactly what i said.

I am not downplaying the importance of mods. I enjoy them as much as anyone else. But that doesn't mean i would want the game to be free if mods are not free. They are not going to spend thousands of hours and 100 million dollars on a 200 hour full fledged AAA game and give it away for free.

They should not block Free Bethesda. Net mods. Keep Creation club for good high quality mods without blocking Bethesda. Net and Nexus mods. 

6 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

they will

soon you will only be able to install mode through creation club

They can't do that without changing engine. It's very easy to mod Gamebryo engine, people will download and mod pirated copy if they block Nexus for Steam version users. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

• 3 months later...

so, completed 'the glowing sea' quest at level 20.  I was expecting lot of tough deathclaws and stuff, given the buildup leading to the quest.  But damn, with codsworth and a power armor, I could finish the quest in under 10 mins .... the deathclaws were a joke , all i needed was the simple combat rifle/shotgun.  I think the rifleman perk is really OP.  I'm in the third level , and most deathclaws can be taken down in 3 shots. 

The environment of the quest was damn good though, one of the better quests so far !

• 4 weeks later...

I'm facing this glitch in the BoS quest - 'Show no mercy'.  After the initial dialog with Maxon, he suggests to take some vertibird to clear an area of super mutants.  But the vertibird just doesn't appear.  The quest marker just hangs in mid-air with nothing to show.  Any idea on how to fix this ? I googled, and most people said there's a vertibird below the platform, but I couldn't find it anywhere ....

• 4 months later...

Only game in PS4 I gave up on ?.

Just couldn't deal with the weird-a*s, low weapon damage. That, coupled with the general difficulty of aiming with a gamepad(somehow far worse in this game than any others) broke my resolve after 3-4 hours of trying.

Low weapon damage has always been a problem for me in the Fallout series but, with the help of mods, had completed(and quite enjoyed) FO3/NV PC versions. 

Looked hard for similar mods on PS4. Even found one or two damage-increasing mods but none were quite right. And.. f**k VATS!

On 6/2/2018 at 10:35 PM, quixote_1989 said:

Only game in PS4 I gave up on ?.

Just couldn't deal with the weird-a*s, low weapon damage. That, coupled with the general difficulty of aiming with a gamepad(somehow far worse in this game than any others) broke my resolve after 3-4 hours of trying.

Low weapon damage has always been a problem for me in the Fallout series but, with the help of mods, had completed(and quite enjoyed) FO3/NV PC versions. 

Looked hard for similar mods on PS4. Even found one or two damage-increasing mods but none were quite right. And.. f**k VATS!

what do you mean Low weapon damage ? Did you go out of your way into areas you shouldn't be at the beginning ? With proper perk distribution, the weapons don't feel UP at all .... but the glitches in the game is another story though .... took the joy out of multiple quests !

50 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

what do you mean Low weapon damage ? Did you go out of your way into areas you shouldn't be at the beginning ? With proper perk distribution, the weapons don't feel UP at all .... but the glitches in the game is another story though .... took the joy out of multiple quests !

By 'Low weapon damage' I mean the fact that even a headshot with a shotgun is not enough to kill, let's say, a ghoul.

And, I was pretty much only going where the main storyline was asking me to.

21 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

By 'Low weapon damage' I mean the fact that even a headshot with a shotgun is not enough to kill, let's say, a ghoul.

And, I was pretty much only going where the main storyline was asking me to.

umm, thats how RPG's are supposed to be.  You need to upgrade it to make it better / meaner , invest in perks that improve the stats, craft mods etc etc.  That's the whole point of the game :mellow:

29 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

umm, thats how RPG's are supposed to be.  You need to upgrade it to make it better / meaner , invest in perks that improve the stats, craft mods etc etc.  That's the whole point of the game :mellow:

I do get how RPGs are supposed to be, have played my fair share of them. But, even by RPG standards, I simply can't get behind the weapon damages in FO. It doesn't make sense to me.

• 1 month later...

Fallout 4 Northern Springs is a massive free fan DLC, larger than both Nuka World and Far Harbor

Modular Illusions has released a brand new mod for Fallout 4, Norther Springs. Northern Springs is a massive free fan DLC that is larger than both Nuka World and Far Harbor that adds an enormous land to explore with new quests, new weapons, new armor, settlements and much more to find.

This mod has been under development for two years and the location was built up from scratch. Upon loading the ESM, the option to visit Northern Springs will be at the very top left corner of the map.

Fallout 4 Northern Springs DLC features over 25 quests, 4 jobs to choose from, 4 new followers (that are fully functional and with voices), 3 settlements to find and build your own settlements, 2 player homes, random ghost spotting, as well as new weapons, armor and enemies.

Those interested can download this mod from here.---https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32911?tab=files

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...