KnackChap

1 hour ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

When did this even won Game of the year ?  I don't think there has been any Game of the year winner announced yet.

I think few sites will definitely will give it GOTY as it's one of the highest rated games of the year..

GOTY edition doesn't include upcoming expansion? I don't see point in buying GOTY edition over normal cheap edition if dlc is not included..

I was going up north in the center of the map for a mission.... Killed the stormbird up there thrice using a Ravager gun and Firespitter... Went back to Meridien to hunter's lodge to start next mission and found out that i have to get a stormbird trophy. wtf. :(

I was running up to north-west of the map, and engaged the behemoths.... Goddamn! That was a mean machine.. 

Thunderjaw, Rockbreaker and Deathbringer left to defeat from all the machines now.. the first two seem very difficult to take down.. Both got hold of me once and killed me off in like 10 seconds... :( Don't know how the deathbringer is, as till now haven't encountered it, only heard about it in missions. 

I have wasted so much time just exploring... I think my playtime has already crossed 50 hours and i haven't even finished Maker's end mission. :P 

Completed my first bandit camp without alerting the enemy at all. Complete stealth mode, It was fun to do it this way. Double arrows helped a lot :D 

7 hours ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

It is Complete Edition not Game of the Year, DLC is included.

Horizon-Zero-Dawn-Complete-Ann_10-04-17-

That's one gorgeous cover. Nz723zN.png 

Also, this means just one DLC, which is disappointing. 

Frozen Wilds will be out on November 7. This comes out on December 5 at $49.99. 

Given it's not a standalone DLC, it is better to buy the complete edition than re-buying the base game + DLC if you have already sold the base game. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

If the below video is any indication of it's prospective location, then It shares a part of the map with the base game, which is locked out. Also, it's an open world game and releasing a stand alone version would not be a logical decision.

Spoiler

12 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Thunderjaw, Rockbreaker and Deathbringer left to defeat from all the machines now.. the first two seem very difficult to take down.. Both got hold of me once and killed me off in like 10 seconds... :( Don't know how the deathbringer is, as till now haven't encountered it, only heard about it in missions. 

Spoiler

Deathbringer is fine and can be taken down with a relatively good damage boost mods on a Sharpshot bow with precision arrows. 

Thunderjaws, with mediocre gear, would need the Tear arrows to it's two disc launchers and once they drop, use them against it to take out a significant chunk of it's health. Then use Blast Sling to finish 'em off. For speed kills, high level gear with top tier mods would bring it down in under half a minute. But it's absolutely satisfying the first time you beat it. The feeling of taking down that mammoth beast is something else. 

Rockbreakers are a tricky bunch. You'd need to blow off it's arms/legs using tear arrows, so it can't head underground. If you have a good Freeze shot bow/sling use that to slow it down or even a Shadow ropecaster would help. The biggest issue is that they are constantly on the move. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

On 10/5/2017 at 4:09 PM, harsh1387 said:

I am at the hades fight.. spent an hour n so and still not able to kill it... Any tips?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Did you complete it yet? Do you have the shadow weaver armor outfit? 

That makes it quite simple.

First take out the 4 guns using tearblaster arrows(load up 3 of them if you have the skill). Once they are off, try to grab them if possible, otherwise, use fire arrows on it and when it eventually reveals its weak points, hit them with hardpoint arrows. 

You can also try using the shadow blast sling on the deathbringer and spam the blast bombs.

Completed the game today and got platinum as well.. :) 

I really liked the story as well.  

About the DLC, i have disc from region 2, will buying the dlc from US PSN work? 

• 2 weeks later...

Some more details:

• Guerrilla confirmed that players can expect "at least 15 hours of additional content" through the expansion, and "a lot" of side quests on top of the main quest, however, that is merely the tip of the Frozen Wilds iceberg. 
  • The Frozen Wilds DLC will also feature a brand new 'posed' Photo mode and in the example we saw Aloy was on the floor, making snow angels. 
  • The developers have also revealed that they've added a new skill tree, adding plenty of new abilities while mounted. 
  • This includes smaller abilities such as being able to forage while mounted, to more elaborate features such as a dismount strike that will see Aloy catapult into the air off the mount before delivering a powerful blow to any machine. 
  • Frozen Wilds new content marks a fantastic new add-on for the game, but equally, it's promising to overhaul the main game as well. 
  • Rather than having The Frozen Wilds as specific endgame DLC content, Guerilla has designed it to run alongside the main quest line of Horizon Zero Dawn. 
  • We're told that you're able to access it relatively early on, although whether you'll want to is another story altogether since it's designed as mid-to-end game levels of difficulty. 
  • This means that in theory players could tackle parts of The Frozen Wilds and then take those extra abilities and equipment back into the main quest line should they so decide. 
  • We're also told that the expansion has far improved mo-cap and animation, but unfortunately, this isn't a game wide update, and players will only notice these improvements in The Frozen Wilds content.
Edited by Heaven Angel