KnackChap

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Other than the presentation, the game is just another average open world game. Aloy and pretty much every character is bland and dialogues are cringefest. The exploration is non-rewarding along with garbage tier RPG elements. Plus, most of the sides quests are nothing but go to X location or scan and walk the highlighted path or kill some machine. The characters had no attachment to anything. Just generic filler content to extend the game. 

It's just an average game that is overhyped because it's PS exclusive. Nothing special about it. 

Aptly put and I thought why am I not enjoying such an acclaimed game. UC4 was better then this, I am halfway, and I think I will give up soon. Aloy looks like a character who no one gives a sh*t about, and she herself does not give a sh*t about herself. 

The open world in horizon did feel a little empty to me. But I think you're right- the open world fatigue is setting in with every other game being open world. I played Witcher 3 recently but did not enjoy it either even though the side quests are very meaty and don't insult the gamer by asking to fetch stuff.

16 minutes ago, AnK said:

I think it’s the open world design in general that’s taking a fatigue on gamers

I just haven’t completed a proper open world game After GTA5 
i buy most but just get tired midway 

& all!! of them are open world these days 

even GoW a supposed linear game has a fetch quest design to it 
i’m Half way even in that 
i could have completed that but something happened in personal life that has kept me busy ever since 

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AnK said:

I hope it sets in quicker so we can actually play games without exploring huge open worlds that have nothing in them. I'm not talking about all games but a lot of openworld games are just pretty, empty worlds.

13 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Other than the presentation, the game is just another average open world game. Aloy and pretty much every character is bland and dialogues are cringefest. The exploration is non-rewarding along with garbage tier RPG elements. Plus, most of the sides quests are nothing but go to X location or scan and walk the highlighted path or kill some machine. The characters had no attachment to anything. Just generic filler content to extend the game. 

It's just an average game that is overhyped because it's PS exclusive. Nothing special about it. 

100% I am surprised how much praise this game has received.

12 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Yeah, played for few hours. Didnt go back. Mediocre and overrated like UC4. Will give another shot though just for that trex robot.

Cant stop, if anyone start slapping ND fan tag on me, but when you play a game like Horizon, you appreciate ND even more. The attention to details they put in everything, the subtle movements of characters, facial expressions,one liners....the skills, the hard work they must have put, the passion..to come up with that quality and finesse...I respect them for this. Levels like the one in scotland, that auction level and the one flashback level late in the game, I found very very boring, but there were enough good ones, that have made it an above average game for me...not great but certainly not mediocre.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AnK said:

I completely agree. All the open world game I have played this year and last year is still not completed. They are just wasting my hard drive space. I want to delete them but I can't because i feel like I have to complete it. Even Witcher 3 which i bought on day 1 is still on my hdd waiting to be finished ( I have spend 100+ hour on it but still 3-4 main quest are left). 

Now I mostly play linear games like gear of wars 4 and indies title or episodic game like life is strange. There was a time I become so excited whenever a franchise moved to open world or new open world games were announced. Now I hate Everytime when developers says that they are creating their biggest open world games. I cannot go back to playing just cause / Assassin creed game now because they are massive and lifeless.

13 hours ago, adity said:

There is also this mentality these days of measuring a game's worth in hours. 

People just aren't ready to pay $60 for a linear 10-15 hour single player game. 

Everyone wants SP games but few people are ready to pay for them. Open world games are here to stay. 

It's being measured cos of the hefty pricing.....for some portion of the gaming community ie 

Also many aka me :P prefer linear to open world cos of the time constraint 

Just now, adity said:

Horizon has some of the best crafted enemies of this gen. The machines move and attack believably and have a real sense of weight to them. The core mechanics are perfect and it's a joy to fight machines. 

People really expect too much out of games these days if Horizon Zero Dawn is mediocre.

No no looting a shop is more fun than killing a Thunderjaw :lol:

• Haha 1

HZD was awesome guys, don't hate it , one of the best games on PS4.... the gameplay was so solid, never thought a video game with bow & arrow could be so much fun ! The amount of detail in every machine was mind blowing, so was the variety .... felt so satisfying to take down a thunderjaw (esp those side quests as part of some challenge !)  

Horizon has one of the finest control schemes of any open world game this gen. The gameplay and combat is extremely fluid. The game is all about machines and you killing them everything else is secondary. 

I found the story interesting I wanted to know what happens next. We'll always have some people you will not enjoy even a good game. Games like any other media like movies will always have polarizing opinions. 

Some people just want to hate because they are full of themselves and some will hate because they cannot complete game. 

Lets take Ni Nu Koni 2 for example. I got the game and did play it for a while but I did not found it interesting enough to complete even the main quest line. The main reason for this was recurting people into kingdom I found it tedious. 

Does this mean I found the game and its characters bland and blah blah blah. No its a very good game but I did not find it interesting enough for me. Some people here did enjoy and 100% completed it because they liked it. 

Having a opinion and forcing your opinions on others are two completely different things. People here tend to do the latter here more than often. If you dont agree here with certain people you get banned. 

14 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Having a opinion and forcing your opinions on others are two completely different things. People here tend to do the latter here more than often. If you dont agree here with certain people you get banned. 

Who got banned for expressing his honest opinion? Tell me and I'll unban him.

U-turn.

So kept on playing because the game looks insane, but more so because of buyer's remorse. Then I entered my first cauldron and that changed everything. Really loved the change in scenery and what is happening inside it. Was under leveled and was out of ammo while fighting that bellowback...somehow defeated it by melee strikes with almost the last ounce of my health left. It was intense....then spent time crafting better weapons,carry capacity, unlocked more skills and now I'm completely hooked :D

The sights and the music while I was traveling to Meridian :O 

Personal favorite moments so far -

Spoiler

1. First sawtooth kill. Fight wasnt that difficult but man the atmosphere....

2. First cauldron.

3. Road to meridian.

4. Thunderjaw.  Had seen it in the E3 video, but seeing it up close for the first time in the game :O

• Like 1