Sea of Thieves

WhiteWolf

Bad game. Just boring. Even with friends, it gets tedious and boring couple hours.
  • Story/campaign - there is none.
  • Character creation - given it's an online game, I expected some cool character creation with nice customization but here we have nothing. All you get is some randomly generated pirates to choose one. It doesn't matter what you choose.
  • Attributes/skills - there are none.
  • Visuals - great water. Looks nice overall too.
  • Gameplay - eh. Very simplistic. Easy to pick up.
  • Content - basically nothing for $60.

l2kBOp5.jpg

The game has only 2 ships. Small and big. You can choose either one and set sailing. Sail and sail and sail to different places which seem to be randomly generated and some of them have nothing but few rocks and chickens running around and barrels full of bananas and planks. Oh, and water has a shark at times. So there is a threat. Some islands have skeletons and their bosses who take more than 2 hits to die.

Well...that's it. Rinse and repeat. And unlock skins which cost an absurd amount.

mF12KUT.jpg
(good luck unlocking these with your 50 coins reward)

Don't really understand the hype. The game lacks content and should be sold for $60. Let alone $40 when other games which are miles better and offers way more content. Vermintide 2 for example.

I also don't know what were they doing since E3 2015 reveal. More than 3 years. The game is basically just that. Even from a baseline graphics level, it looks like they had a lot of the underlying systems in place (the art looks near identical, the dynamic water system is in place.) From a gameplay perspective, you've got the same galleon as at release, with sail adjustment mechanics and everything. 

What changed exactly? The whole thing is sort of some mock-up idea of what a pirate set sail game could be. 

As for the loot, again, don't get how you can make a game about literally searching for loot chests without meaningful loot in them. Chests are meaningless. They learned nothing about exploring. There is nothing to explore in this game.

Everyones have been telling that they left most of the features out of the BETA but now that the game is launched I don't see anything new except some outfits. The whole thing reeks scam and massive promotion to push Xbox Pass since they know people wouldn't pay $60 for this crap. 

A massive disappoint as expected. Sort of like No Man's Sky. The gameplay loop is boring. Shallow boat and foot combat and completing activities I couldn't give damn about cosmetics so there really isn't much of a point. Even $15 game like Blackwake offers better except for visuals. 

Do yourself a favour and avoid. Just a massive waste of time. 
answer to what they were doing is designing cool gamepads and consoles.. lmao

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

But...but Xbox users and members of Era said it's the game Xbox One needs. cqAcKGz.png 

Sea of Thieves is huge, fun, and just what the Xbox One needs

Twitch 2M+ hour streaming showed it's good

Sea of Thieves Closed Beta Summary - 314k Total Players, 269K Concurrent Views on Twitch, 2m Hours

Lot of haters will be eating crow soon. One of the most active games on Twitch plus overwhelming positive response from fans and critics. Reset Era is in total love with this game. 

Gold. Umt79QC.gif 

All my friends and I have stopped playing it already. Nothing there to do.  

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

But...but Xbox users and members of Era said it's the game Xbox One needs. cqAcKGz.png 

Sea of Thieves is huge, fun, and just what the Xbox One needs

Twitch 2M+ hour streaming showed it's good

Sea of Thieves Closed Beta Summary - 314k Total Players, 269K Concurrent Views on Twitch, 2m Hours

Gold. Umt79QC.gif 

All my friends and I have stopped playing it already. Nothing there to do.  

As always, his comments come back to bite him :lol:

The part about Era loving and defending it is true though, but after MG Survive anything is possible there.

someone shows a screencap of SoT being out of twitch top games

"servers are down for maintenance, nice try"

"its up now and still only 1.7k"

"MHW is only 2.1k so twitch views does not represent success"

"so why y'all touted 2M views as great news?"

"that was different because reasons"

Core game is fun. Game will get good with updates. Updates will bring content also. We should let rare breathe for some time. They will surely enhance the experience more. They already said that.

Its sad  that such a big studio releases an incomplete game. 

1 hour ago, sobbii said:

why would you start playing in first place..

We were looking for some co-op. Expected to be bad but not this bad. 2Afiy9p.png 

16 minutes ago, hope said:

We should let rare breathe for some time.

Some time? They didn't add anything to the game in last 3 years. The entire game is summed up in the E3 reveal. 

Don't know what kind audacity you need to have to ask $60 for basically tutorial and a sandbox with nothing to do. 

Sad thing is, they successfully pulled No Man's Sky and managed to top UK sales chart.

(And, of course, those sales do not count anyone playing the game using the cheapest option - via Microsoft's £7.99 per month Xbox Games Pass subscription, which Sea of Thieves is part of.)

1. Sea of Thieves
  2. A Way Out
  3. Ni no Kuni 2
  4. Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered
  5. FIFA 18
  6. Burnout Paradise Remastered
  7. Grand Theft Auto 5
  8. EA Sports UFC 3
  9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  10. Super Mario Odyssey

Amazing what good marketing and hype do. First No Man's Sky. Now, this. 

Man. Imagine working at Rare. Delivering nothing but sub par content/mediocrity for two decades and still have the backing of the biggest pub in the industry while studios all around you close left, right and center even after releasing masterpieces. 

I genuinely cannot think of any other developer that has pushed out soooooooo many bland games and is still around. Most devs dont get a second chance after one f**k up. 

Someday I hope you all find a job like that lol. 

56 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Sad thing is, they successfully pulled No Man's Sky and managed to top UK sales chart.

NMS sold more copies in first week than all top 5 games combined in that list. RARE wishes it did NMS numbers and pulled that kind of scam.

On 3/27/2018 at 7:38 PM, hope said:

Core game is fun. Game will get good with updates. Updates will bring content also. We should let rare breathe for some time. They will surely enhance the experience more. They already said that.

Its sad  that such a big studio releases an incomplete game. 

He is back? Is this true or did Athek unleash him just before God of War?