Protect PS4 from power cuts and surge.

kmkaks

Send me the eBay link will tell you. There are 2 models as one of them newer. Which one I will tell you once I reach home

Sent from my CP8298_I00 using Tapatalk

This is the one I am referring to.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/APC-Back-UPS-BX600C-IN-600VA-2-Years-Warranty-VAT-Bill-New-APC-Launch-/181948202585?

Ps4 touches 230-250 at peak usage. The 600VA wont support both the TV and the PS4 while the ps4 is at peak usage. Meaning ps4 will switch off if you are in the middle.of playing a game. If you are in the ps4 menu then it won't. Ps4+monitor can be supported by a 600VA ups but not a Ps4+TV setup. I have had a 600VA ups for my monitor+ps4 setup and later when I upgraded to a 50inch TV, the ups was not able to support it under load. Ended up buying a 1100VA ups.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I was afraid of that, then maybe I will just connect the PS4 to the ups and wait for the DG to kick in. Has anyone here tried Luminous/Microtek/Champion brands with your setups?

Please chime in.

Edited by the_BIG_J

I was afraid of that, then maybe I will just connect the PS4 to the ups and wait for the DG to kick in. Has anyone here tried Luminous/Microtek/Champion brands with your setups?

Please chime in.

Yea just connecting the ps4 will be fine. Go for APC. Always go for APC.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.in/itm/APC-Back-UPS-BX600C-IN-600VA-2-Years-Warranty-VAT-Bill-New-APC-Launch-/181948202585?

Please chime in.

Yes thats the newer model.I have the old one which I got for 1.4k at LD

I use it with dell 32inch plus ps4 plus a 2.1 speaker.

Anyways like Monokuma said always go for brands like APC

Also ps4 max wattage is 150 w+ 4-5W if charging at same time (http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/playstation-4-hardware-review-off-to-a-mixed-start/)

I have the newer model so mine consumes a little low

Edited by Ryuchesia
  • Like 1

Yes thats the newer model.I have the old one which I got for 1.4k at LD

I use it with dell 32inch plus ps4 plus a 2.1 speaker.

Anyways like Monokuma said always go for brands like APC

Also ps4 max wattage is 150 w+ 4-5W if charging at same time (http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/playstation-4-hardware-review-off-to-a-mixed-start/)

I have the newer model so mine consumes a little low

Thanks guys, I got the APC 600va.

What is LD?

• 3 weeks later...

Guys .. UPDATE : I Bought APC Bx600ci-in

Today something strange happened .. my ps4 was in rest mode and the ups was connected to my wall supply.. during some fluctuations my ps4 turned off automatically ..

Any experienced this before?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

My PS4 was working fine with inverter back up. I recently shifted to a new city, and I'm looking for protection against power cuts. Won't go in for an inverter again, but looking at a UPS. Is there any UPS which kicks in for 10-15 minutes, enough time for me to turn off the system? Power cuts here are totally un predictable, and I am not sure how many the PS4 can stand. I've gotten mixed opinions after going through all the replies here, so would greatly appreciate some inputs on which UPS to go for.

My TV has a wattage of 78W.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, anybody using 600VA UPS here?

I have a old model PS4 & Bravia TV (22 Inch) which is showing power consumption of 29 Watts, here's the link.

This is the UPS I want to buy -

Or this

Is this UPS enough to hold my setup for 2-5 minutes?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

sorry for reviving thread. I got a APC 600va and PS4 pro. whenever there is powercut while playing Pro enabled titles only, ps4 is shutting down instantly. it stays on in other games like bloodborne.
it's a 2 year old UPS so the battery health might not be 100%. Should i go for BX1100C-IN ?

edit: there is nothing else attached to the ups, just ps4.

Edited by Rohan1211

• 4 months later...
On 5/16/2016 at 8:58 PM, Rishabhk said:

Guys .. UPDATE : I Bought APC Bx600ci-in

Today something strange happened .. my ps4 was in rest mode and the ups was connected to my wall supply.. during some fluctuations my ps4 turned off automatically ..

Any experienced this before?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

exact same problem man , what is the solution please ??

even APC 600 BX NOT WORKING ,it shuts down not in each fluctuation which happens at my home but out of every 20-25 fluctuation one kills my ps4 , only ps4 slim attached to it nothing else

please somebody please answer this

On 2/25/2017 at 1:14 AM, Rohan1211 said:

sorry for reviving thread. I got a APC 600va and PS4 pro. whenever there is powercut while playing Pro enabled titles only, ps4 is shutting down instantly. it stays on in other games like bloodborne.
it's a 2 year old UPS so the battery health might not be 100%. Should i go for BX1100C-IN ?

edit: there is nothing else attached to the ups, just ps4.

hi

you are active on forum , can you please tell me about solution , its happening with me , my 1.5 month old ps4 slim has been shut off around 20 times already and i am scared it might die soon 

1 hour ago, Toocool7610 said:

hi

you are active on forum , can you please tell me about solution , its happening with me , my 1.5 month old ps4 slim has been shut off around 20 times already and i am scared it might die soon 

buddy 600va is supposed to handle ps4 slim just fine. how old is the UPS? the battery starts to decay after 1-2 years of usage. I picked up a APC 1100va and now it's handling ps4 pro+laptop+monitor and few other stuff just fine.

if your UPS is very old, then battery might be the issue. else if you want to upgrade ups then you can look for 800 or 1100va. and yeah, power fluctuations do kill ps4/hdd.

buddy 600va is supposed to handle ps4 slim just fine. how old is the UPS? the battery starts to decay after 1-2 years of usage. I picked up a APC 1100va and now it's handling ps4 pro+laptop+monitor and few other stuff just fine.

if your UPS is very old, then battery might be the issue. else if you want to upgrade ups then you can look for 800 or 1100va. and yeah, power fluctuations do kill ps4/hdd.

But bro

I have all new apc ups 1 month old and no problem on pc only ps4 shutting down, maybe 1 out of every 30 fluctuations or more

Only ps4 is connected

You also reported the same issue sometime back, can you please tell me more what was it and how it got solved?

But bro

I have all new apc ups 1 month old and no problem on pc only ps4 shutting down, maybe 1 out of every 30 fluctuations or more

Only ps4 is connected

You also reported the same issue sometime back, can you please tell me more what was it and how it got solved?

Well for me the pro enabled titles were causing the console to draw more power than normal games. It exceeded 600va's limit and it was getting overloaded so it was shutting down. I bought a 1100va and it's alright now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1