WhiteWolf

Yep. This is DoA. And the fact that not enough people are playing it leads to people like me not buying it which in turn leads to even less people playing it as the current base dwindles. Vicious circle. 

They really f**ked up by not having a permanent demo. Limited time Beta usually works for games that are either franchises already (BF) or from big name devs (Blizzard). This is gonna go the way of Battleborn or whatever that Overwatch competitor was called. 

I can see a free weekend coming in the next month, followed by a discount. And less than 1000 players online before September ends. RIP.

Shame cause it looked like it was fun. 

~2869 is the 24-hour peak. Welp. 

Even if they go F2P after few months, it will still not get enough attention just like Battleborn or Evolve. The damage is already done. Most people will think the game isn't good, so they went F2P and wouldn't bother. 

___

The game has quite a higher ceiling than usual shooters these days. Apparently, they are fine with a slow start. 

We see this game as a marathon and not a sprint." There are nine characters in the game right now, but Bleszinski said a tenth is being tested right now and is already "fully playable." Concerning new maps, Bleszinski said two new ones are "99 percent ready to go," and as for the new game-types, he said "I can't really talk about" those. There are also new skins coming in "a couple of months."

He also mentions that it is hard to bullshite Steam/PC users. Thanks to steam reviews. But developer feels $30 is a fair price with more than 1800 positive reviews.

Currently very positive. 87% with 1954 reviews. Shame it's not doing well despite good reviews from critics and users. The first weekend managed to reach ~2K peak and ~600 off peak. 

2 hours ago, waveking said:

Looks fun alright. Time will tell whether its gonna live or die tho. A good game is hardly any metric for longevity in today's market. People need sh*t like camos, skins, dlc weapons, battlepacks and a slew of other sh*t to get hooked not good gameplay. 

Well, looks like this game is gonna be chock full of all that sh*t so we will soon find out if that actually hooks people or not. I would bet that this will still be just as dead skins, crates and all. 

Should have gone F2P. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived