Ni-OH

KnackChap

Kind of getting the hang of the combat now, using stances and dodging.... Lost like 3000+ amrita to an unsuspecting demon lurking at a corner though :-(. The checkpoints are placed so far....

Using axe and dual sword so far, kusari gama seems good as well !

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Kind of getting the hang of the combat now, using stances and dodging.... Lost like 3000+ amrita to an unsuspecting demon lurking at a corner though :-(. The checkpoints are placed so far....

3000 is nothing bro.. just done with 5th boss.. @tyler does it get toughet from here..?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3000 is nothing bro.. just done with 5th boss.. @tyler does it get toughet from here..?

In the initial stages, it could've leveled me up :-/

In the initial stages, it could've leveled me up :-/

Get an idea of area first.. just run around.. see where enemies are.. dont use elixir in that run.. thn as you know where enemies are plan and play accordingly..

The checkpoints are placed so far....

Are you scouting out shortcuts?

Also in my experience the best all round weapon is the sword. Dual swords are great but need you to be a lot closer to enemies and Kusarigama has the highest learning curve. I never used axes, too slow for the kind of game this is.

I'm assuming by 5th boss you mean Tachibana Muneshige? I'd say yeah it's more or less smooth sailing from here, at least in the main missions. You've already beaten what I consider the hardest boss in the game...

Hino-enma

Get an idea of area first.. just run around.. see where enemies are.. dont use elixir in that run.. thn as you know where enemies are plan and play accordingly..

This is good advice, works for Souls games as well. Suicide runs while grabbing items are highly underrated.

Also in my experience the best all round weapon is the sword. Dual swords are great but need you to be a lot closer to enemies and Kusarigama has the highest learning curve. I never used axes, too slow for the kind of game this is.

I'm assuming by 5th boss you mean Tachibana Muneshige? I'd say yeah it's more or less smooth sailing from here, at least in the main missions. You've already beaten what I consider the hardest boss in the game...

Hino-enma

This is good advice, works for Souls games as well. Suicide runs while grabbing items are highly underrated.

Also i made a mistake after clearing first area i had one final sub mission and the crimson missions lefts idrc if thats what its called lol.. so yeah what i did i sailed by mistake.. will i be able to visit that area again...

And yes that boss fight was pita..

Also shed some light on how this forging and reforging and all this work.. its all chinese to me [emoji14]

Also i made a mistake after clearing first area i had one final sub mission and the crimson missions lefts idrc if thats what its called lol.. so yeah what i did i sailed by mistake.. will i be able to visit that area again...

And yes that boss fight was pita..

Also shed some light on how this forging and reforging and all this work.. its all chinese to me [emoji14]

You can return to any area you've previously unlocked. Don't worry about that.

The crafting in this game is very deep and powerful. But here are a few basic pointers.

- You unlock new crafting recipes by completing missions, defeating bosses or just as random loot drops. Once you find the smithing text it gets unlocked at the blacksmith. Some recipes are unlocked automatically as you progress. Crafting new gear is done via the Forge option at the blacksmith.

- Every item needs several raw materials (they are usually yellow, blue or purple rarity). You can get these as loot drops or by breaking down (Disassemble option) unnecessary items. The higher the rarity the higher the quality of the materials you get when you disassemble.

- The Refashion option changes appearance of an item (use this if you prefer the look of a certain item but need stats of another). You don't need to sacrifice anything. The cosmetics are unlocked as soon as you find the corresponding item.

- Perhaps the most complicated option to understand at first is Soul Match. Say if you like a particular weapon/armor but it is slowly falling behind in terms of levels, Soul Matching allows you to sacrifice a high level item to raise the level of your favorite item. It's a very useful option early on as it helps you keep stuff that you like for longer. However the costs go up significantly the higher the level gap gets. So in those cases Forging a new item is a much better option.

- Lastly, Reforge allows you to spend Spirit Iron Fragments to change a particular special effect on an item. You can roll this as many times you want as long as you have the fragments. Some effects cannot be changed however (lock icon).

There's more to the crafting but these should be enough to get you started. Also you can always talk to the blacksmith and listen to what she has to say about these options. Note that the blacksmith can also be leveled up. Spend enough gold at the smith and you'll get points to spend.

You can return to any area you've previously unlocked. Don't worry about that.

The crafting in this game is very deep and powerful. But here are a few basic pointers.

- You unlock new crafting recipes by completing missions, defeating bosses or just as random loot drops. Once you find the smithing text it gets unlocked at the blacksmith. Some recipes are unlocked automatically as you progress. Crafting new gear is done via the Forge option at the blacksmith.

- Every item needs several raw materials (they are usually yellow, blue or purple rarity). You can get these as loot drops or by breaking down (Disassemble option) unnecessary items. The higher the rarity the higher the quality of the materials you get when you disassemble.

- The Refashion option changes appearance of an item (use this if you prefer the look of a certain item but need stats of another). You don't need to sacrifice anything. The cosmetics are unlocked as soon as you find the corresponding item.

- Perhaps the most complicated option to understand at first is Soul Match. Say if you like a particular weapon/armor but it is slowly falling behind in terms of levels, Soul Matching allows you to sacrifice a high level item to raise the level of your favorite item. It's a very useful option early on as it helps you keep stuff that you like for longer. However the costs go up significantly the higher the level gap gets. So in those cases Forging a new item is a much better option.

- Lastly, Reforge allows you to spend Spirit Iron Fragments to change a particular special effect on an item. You can roll this as many times you want as long as you have the fragments. Some effects cannot be changed however (lock icon).

There's more to the crafting but these should be enough to get you started. Also you can always talk to the blacksmith and listen to what she has to say about these options. Note that the blacksmith can also be leveled up. Spend enough gold at the smith and you'll get points to spend.

So soul match is like infusion works in destiny..

Thanks for the ponters man.. :)

Hino-enma

Haven't found any single sword yet. I just found Kusari gama with one of the soldiers i think. At Low stance is awesome, it kinda locks the enemy for some time without giving room for a counter attack. I chose axe/dual katanas when the screen prompted. I'll switch to sword once I get my hands on it !

Guys I am getting Nioh for 35$ on PS Store

Should I buy it rght now or is a further discount possibly down the line in 15-20 days??

P.S-It is available on PSN UAE,so I tjink maybe the gore is censored.

Google about gore 35$ is good price..

I made a compilation of all mandatory boss fights, posted it a few pages ago. Check it out if you don't mind spoilers. The general trend of the fights is that the later ones are considerably easier/faster than the earlier ones.

Started a new game with sword + dual katana build .... combat seems much better once I have got the hang of it, was able to reach the isle in a jiffy ! Let me see how this build goes .... btw, is there a magic component to this game as well later on ? There's one skill tree only for that !

Neo: the magic component is the whole Onmyo tree. You will earn skill points by investing points in Magic or by earning Onmyo mage hairlocks(available under usable items). Magic is pretty strong in this game. Sloth Talisman is still OP. It reduces the movement of all the bosses by 50%.

Ambar: Onoryoki hits pretty hard. If you have been able to reduce his health to 1/4th, then you are getting a hang of it. iframes are very low in this game, so dodging needs almost perfect timing. At one time, go for only 2-3 attack swings and then step back. keep your distance and let the boss close the gap.

Should I go with square stance or triangle stance?

Since you have just started the game, you will have low amount of Ki so I will play like this:

If cross stance: 3 or 4 hits

If square stance: 2 or 3 hits.

If triangle stance: 1 hit

This way, I have enough Ki to back out and recover.

If you are using Kusarigama, never go in mid stance.

As you level up, you will have ample amount of Ki to squeeze in more hits on high stance.

I will be more than happy to help if you need. The issue is I will kill him two or 3 shots which will ruin the fight for you. I can cast sloth on him and sit back and you can fight him :P

Archived