Ni-OH

KnackChap

1 hour ago, ALPHA17 said:

^ That's quite surprising since it allows you to adjust ShadowPlay from the in-game menu. 

And our article is up. Cheers! http://wp.me/p9fS8X-7CA

Nice!

Also I'm not 100% sure if Shadowplay was the culprit but I ran into this issue right after the Derrick fight, had to alt+f4 out of the game. I turned it off and things were fine after that.

Man I wish the game had some bells and whistles on the PC. At least in case of the Souls games you had 60 fps to look forward to but this one feels practically the same as the console version. Although I am noticing stuff like blood on William's sword but that's only because the display is now inches away from my face.

Still, it's good to have the game on a system I spend 99% of my gaming time on.

18 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

The game was already running 60fps smooth on PS4 Pro. Basically, nothing changed and it seems to be a straight port without any changes. Not even proper KB+M layout or any PC upgrades.

Meh. 

Coz PC, Steam, Pricing, Complete Edition and the game isn't even a looker on PS4 pro and very minor issues not a big deal. Game is pretty good, worth playing. 

13 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Man I wish the game had some bells and whistles on the PC. At least in case of the Souls games you had 60 fps to look forward to but this one feels practically the same as the console version. Although I am noticing stuff like blood on William's sword but that's only because the display is now inches away from my face.

Even those textures tend to look very muddy and dull on longer inspection. 

The challenge tapers off in the second half of the game though, the first few missions and bosses are definitely a lot of more challenging than anything in the latter part of the game. Still, it's an awesome action RPG with a super tight combat system - a cross between something like Ninja Gaiden and Diablo with some elements from Souls. One of my favorite games of the year which I can't wait to revisit on PC (too many other games on the backlog right now).

The challenge tapers off in the second half of the game though, the first few missions and bosses are definitely a lot of more challenging than anything in the latter part of the game. Still, it's an awesome action RPG with a super tight combat system - a cross between something like Ninja Gaiden and Diablo with some elements from Souls. One of my favorite games of the year which I can't wait to revisit on PC (too many other games on the backlog right now).
yup the game is lot easier later on.. the most challenging activities are after beating the game.. the tag team fights were awesome..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, sobbii said:

yup the game is lot easier later on.. the most challenging activities are after beating the game.. the tag team fights were awesome..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yeah, most of the challenging stuff is either side missions / optional content or post-game. Which I think is smart design because it doesn't prevent people from progressing with the story mode and still provides challenge for those who seek it.

13 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Stopped playing after killing that dude who cha ges into other person. Game is just meh not challenging enough or brutal or interesting. Cutscenes and movies are so boring.

I'm assuming the fight you're talking about is

fake Muneshige

. That's fairly early on, not even 1/3rd of the game. Surprised you feel this way though. The game is all about the combat system and loot. There's really not much in terms of story (it's just there) or any sense of adventure like the Souls series. The exploration is limited within it's small levels (but still rewarding since loot and shortcuts) and there's a lot of re-use of the same levels and enemies especially if you do the side content. The DLC missions and bosses however are really good are very difficult. That said, the game basically lives and dies on it's combat and if you don't enjoy that I don't think it'll appeal to you.

Then again, it's hard to imagine someone who likes action games not liking the combat here. There's just so much variety in builds and weapon types.

^^ I would say combat is more refined and fluid compared to souls that's the only thing which is worth playing the game for. Shitty optimization and weird a*s graphics must be the reason I cannot seem to like it

4 hours ago, HEMAN said:

^^ I would say combat is more refined and fluid compared to souls that's the only thing which is worth playing the game for. Shitty optimization and weird a*s graphics must be the reason I cannot seem to like it

If PC port is not good, then give it a try on PS4 (that is if you are fine with double dipping). Pretty solid action game as @Tyler  said.

Archived