Ni-OH

KnackChap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZnfervRAgE&feature=youtu.be

Ni-OH2 demo incoming.

EDIT: 26th April and PS4 only.

In other news,water is wet.

this looks awesome.Always wanted to play a game with japanese mythological creatures

In other news,water is wet.

this looks awesome.Always wanted to play a game with japanese mythological creatures

It's kind of necessary to mention it nowadays due to the blurred line between 'console-exclusivity' and 'exclusivity', at least in terms of PR.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone try the demo yet? Impressions please.

I'll give better impressions after some time, for now this game is...

(Dark Souls + Onimusha)-> Prepare to die and cry edition.

It's straight-up hardcore.

I'll give better impressions after some time, for now this game is...

(Dark Souls + Onimusha)-> Prepare to die and cry edition.

It's straight-up hardcore.

Japani Dark Souls :smokey:

bc maze aayenge. :D

Initial impressions/tips.

-The demo is HUGE. There are 2 missions in the demo(or say 2 areas with bosses). I completed the first mission in 2 hours( died/experimented a lot), and currently in the beginning of the second one.

-Visually the game looks fine. Nothing mind blowing, under Bloodborne in terms of graphical beauty. The demo has two modes for this, Action mode an Movie mode. Action mode is 60FPS and low res, whereas movie mode is higher rez(assuming 1080p) but lower framerate(30FPS). I played the demo with the default one(movie) and it ran fine. Haven't tried the other one though.

-Speaking 'bout the gameplay itself, it's brutal. It's as bad as playing through a Souls game for the first time. You will die a LOT, so don't give up. The game is HEAVILY influenced by Souls games. I'm talking about analogous of bonfires, souls, die/repeat mechanism and the list goes on. Bonfires = Shrines, you spawn there if you die. You gain experience(souls) by killing enemies which you can use to level up using a shrine(aka bonfire). It also includes a skill-set tree where you can unlock new moves for particular types of weapons such as spears, axes, Katanas, etc. Then, there's this thing called Spirit, which is something you can charge up by killing enemies and then use it to gain a hyper mode. The mode starts with a health bar, which reduces with every hit you take. I'm not sure if it has a time limit though.

- There are 3 different stances for every weapon. Stamina = Ki in the game. Each stance kinda works like this:

High damage, High stamina cost

Medium damage, Medium stamina cost

Low damage, Low stamina cost

- Enemies can kill you in 2-3 hits. Blocking is essential. The game is very ruthless about stamina cost with every attack, so most of the time it's about managing your attacks and stamina. Although you can save some stamina after each attack if you reasonably tap R1 after an attack's execution. This GIF better explains what I mean.

UnrulySillyImperatorangel.gif

- The game is very skill-based. You can change stances, attacks on the fly. Dodging, blocking(with your weapon, no shields duh) requires skillz(notice the z, I'm serious). It's one those kind of games which doesn't really look appealing unless a very-skilled player plays it. A mediocre player may make the game look dull( like me). Compare this to a Hack n Slash(DMC 3) or even BB and you will know what I mean.

- You get a lot of loot with almost every enemy, which is a problem IMO. My inventory was filled with duplicate weapons and items which is difficult to manage and sort through.

-Weapon/armour durability plays a big role. You can't repair them at a shrine but you can use items to restore them. They don't restore their durability with every death AFAIK.

- As for me, the game is good, not great. i'm not looking for a day-one purchase. This is an alpha-demo so things can change quite a bit by the time the actual game comes out. To me, the game feels to too close to a Souls game which is not a bad thing but I think they should dial its difficulty a bit back. I find Souls gameplay to be more rewarding, more enjoyable and hence don't mind the die/repeat thing. But here, for me the case is not the same. It would be better if they dial back its difficulty a bit, make the combat more fluid and enjoyable. I consider myself an above average Souls player(Platinumed BB, completed DeS and DS2 multiple times solo) so there's no need to tell me to 'get gud', ok :P

-Dark souls(60%) + Onimusha(20%) + Ninja Gaiden(20%)

- It seems like the game's combat lacks that haptic feedback through sound design/animation which it should have nailed. It's a very subjective topic so check it out yourself.

- The game also copies the concept of "Bloodstains" of other online players so the game is filled with red-stains all over the map. A lot of people failed the demo :P.

You get a special DLC item for the final game if you complete the first mission.

* All of this is from the top of my cerebrum( amygdala to be precise). There are definitely more things to consider and better yet, try the FREE DEMO for yourself. It's just 3.6 GBs.

-Visually the game looks fine. Nothing mind blowing, under Bloodborne in terms of graphical beauty. The demo has two modes for this, Action mode an Movie mode. Action mode is 60FPS and low res, whereas movie mode is higher rez(assuming 1080p) but lower framerate(30FPS). I played the demo with the default one(movie) and it ran fine. Haven't tried the other one though.

I wish other games had this option as well :(

Dark Souls is already Japani isn't it

Or are referring to setting & lore

Obviously the latter.

Heard that better armor and weapons make this significantly less harder. Good thing they have lot of time to balance it before release.

IMO it's much harder than a Souls game, at least the initial period.

Weapon/armour degradation is really punishing and you can't repair them at a shrine, only through an item. It can get quite frustrating.

I wish other games had this option as well :(

​At the moment, both the modes are quite unstable though. Thee Action mode frequently drops to sub 30s in midst of heavy fights. It's an alpha so things may improve.

A decent semi-walkthrough.

While 'watching' , most of these boss fights these days look kinda same. Block, roll and then boss k pichwaade mei talwar karte raho :)

this, ds3, hellblade, final fantasy, nier, shadow warrior....so many games with ppl with swords

Archived