Gran Turismo Sport Will Need Online Connectivity For A Substantial Portion Of Its Functionality and Features

More and more, we are making the move towards games that are all but inert in the absence of online connectivity- now, Sony’s upcoming Gran Turismo Sport joins their ranks. In a post on the PlayStation Blog, SCEA Product Manager Ken Chan has confirmed that the game will require online connectivity for “the majority of its functionality”.

The reason for that is the game’s online championship, which is endorsed by, and in synch with, the FIA and its own official motorsport tournaments around the world. The online connectivity requirement will ensure a fair environment with minimal cheating and exploits.

The single player functionality, as a result, appears to be severely compromised- “portions of the Arcade Mode, including limited two-player split screen, single-player races on select tracks, and time trials” are identified as modes and features that can be accessed offline, suggesting that the rest of the game is off limits to you unless you can use the internet to ring home.

This is a major shame, especially given the expanded fanbase and popularity that Gran Turismo games enjoy- I understand why it has been done, but that does not make me any happier about it.

source

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2017 at 4:09 PM, san_Assassin said:

Gran Turismo Sport Will Need Online Connectivity For A Substantial Portion Of Its Functionality and Features

More and more, we are making the move towards games that are all but inert in the absence of online connectivity- now, Sony’s upcoming Gran Turismo Sport joins their ranks. In a post on the PlayStation Blog, SCEA Product Manager Ken Chan has confirmed that the game will require online connectivity for “the majority of its functionality”.

The reason for that is the game’s online championship, which is endorsed by, and in synch with, the FIA and its own official motorsport tournaments around the world. The online connectivity requirement will ensure a fair environment with minimal cheating and exploits.

The single player functionality, as a result, appears to be severely compromised- “portions of the Arcade Mode, including limited two-player split screen, single-player races on select tracks, and time trials” are identified as modes and features that can be accessed offline, suggesting that the rest of the game is off limits to you unless you can use the internet to ring home.

This is a major shame, especially given the expanded fanbase and popularity that Gran Turismo games enjoy- I understand why it has been done, but that does not make me any happier about it.

source

Probably the first GT I'll be skipping because of this. Such a waste really.

I think it's full game but access to full content is locked. You don't have to download full game again.. 43 gb demo toh aajtak nahi hua.
Still ridiculous, what's the guarantee that i will buy it but just wanna try the demo.