Finally got my 17th win on my 20th pole. Almost got a win with the WrX but because of its lower straight line speed I had to settle for second to a Scirocco. On corners the WrX is a beast but on the straights it can't compete. Finally switched to the Megane and managed to win comfortably with a 3sec gap to second. Both second and third were Scirocco's. The Megane has probably the worst cornering but it's line speed and acceleration is a cut above.

Edited by Walker
  • Like 1

So tried the Nation's and Manufacturer test yesterday. BC it's a sh*t fest. 

Manufacturer : (interlagos) Qualified 14th. 1st corner 8 car pileup. I escaped but because I was just behind the mess I had to reduce speed because they kept ghosting in front of me. I'm up to 7 now. 2nd lap I don't have the pace so I take the inside line for the first corner. Guy in a Huracan overestimates his brakes and smashes me at top speed and I went into the wall. Dropped down to 11th. 2nd lap final corner guy in a BMW behind me goes wide and comes sharply back in and crashes my front sending me into the grass. WTF. Dropped to 14th. Rest of the race I'm holding off 15th and 16th. Managed to get to 13th at one point but stupid mistake earned me a 5sec penalty so had to concede and ended up 14th eventually.

Nations : Qualified 9th. Could have got 6th but because of one slow f**k that had random brake patterns I wasn't able to capitalise. Don't understand why these morons try to block during qualifying even tho I had the pace. Anyway this was a better race because it was clean for me and I managed to pull to 7th.

6 hours ago, Walker said:

So tried the Nation's and Manufacturer test yesterday. BC it's a sh*t fest. 

Manufacturer : (interlagos) Qualified 14th. 1st corner 8 car pileup. I escaped but because I was just behind the mess I had to reduce speed because they kept ghosting in front of me. I'm up to 7 now. 2nd lap I don't have the pace so I take the inside line for the first corner. Guy in a Huracan overestimates his brakes and smashes me at top speed and I went into the wall. Dropped down to 11th. 2nd lap final corner guy in a BMW behind me goes wide and comes sharply back in and crashes my front sending me into the grass. WTF. Dropped to 14th. Rest of the race I'm holding off 15th and 16th. Managed to get to 13th at one point but stupid mistake earned me a 5sec penalty so had to concede and ended up 14th eventually.

Nations : Qualified 9th. Could have got 6th but because of one slow f**k that had random brake patterns I wasn't able to capitalise. Don't understand why these morons try to block during qualifying even tho I had the pace. Anyway this was a better race because it was clean for me and I managed to pull to 7th.

Good. Do more FIA races. The main event is in April. Dynamic Qualifying is whole together a different ball game.

Also, level up quickly coz Christmas Noobs are coming :lol:

Hi, guys. So I started with beginner campaign and Did a quick qualifying race in GTsport without race entry. Did an arcade race as well. Controls feel real solid and I like the learning curve in the Campaign.

So how to go about next? Got a GR.4 car due to daily challenge. Which cars to buy, have around 250k(or is it too early and I have to save up?)

Also can I start participating in daily races in sport mode? Or should I do more of campaign and arcade prior to that.

Which GR.3 car to save up for ?(as I see some events need them in sport mode)

Thanks

Also @ ruz, how much did you get the wheel for and from where? G29 seems tempting but I doubt I will be able to justify it's purchase with the amount of time I get to spend in racing games

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Hi, guys. So I started with beginner campaign and Did a quick qualifying race in GTsport without race entry. Did an arcade race as well. Controls feel real solid and I like the learning curve in the Campaign.

So how to go about next? Got a GR.4 car due to daily challenge. Which cars to buy, have around 250k(or is it too early and I have to save up?)

Also can I start participating in daily races in sport mode? Or should I do more of campaign and arcade prior to that.

Thanks

Also @ ruz, how much did you get the wheel for and from where? G29 seems tempting but I doubt I will be able to justify it's purchase with the amount of time I get to spend in racing games

If you are comfortable with a track and its there in Sport Mode daily races then go for it. 

Campaign will make you better and provide quick credits. Cars are gifted left right and center for doing daily mileage Points or any significant completion of Campaign events. Don't buy unless necessary.

Complete Circuit Experience. They give more credits and you would learn the tracks as well.

Sport Mode and FIA Events are the real fun modes. SR and DR play a big part. 

Do Qualifying laps in Sport mode races to get comfortable with car and track and head online.

Use Mirrors at all times on corners  and back out from noobs until you reach B and S. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Thanks

Car wise

GR4 Renault Megane for outright speed, slow on corners

GR4 Subaru WRX not very fast on straights but cornering is mind-blowing

GR4 Hyundai Genesis. Decent all rounder

Gr3 I mostly use the bmw Z4 great outright speed and very good brakes.

Use bumper cam

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hope said:

If you are comfortable with a track and its there in Sport Mode daily races then go for it. 

Campaign will make you better and provide quick credits. Cars are gifted left right and center for doing daily mileage Points or any significant completion of Campaign events. Don't buy unless necessary.

Complete Circuit Experience. They give more credits and you would learn the tracks as well.

Sport Mode and FIA Events are the real fun modes. SR and DR play a big part. 

Do Qualifying laps in Sport mode races to get comfortable with car and track and head online.

Use Mirrors at all times on corners  and back out from noobs until you reach B and S. 

3 hours ago, Walker said:

Car wise

GR4 Renault Megane for outright speed, slow on corners

GR4 Subaru WRX not very fast on straights but cornering is mind-blowing

GR4 Hyundai Genesis. Decent all rounder

Gr3 I mostly use the bmw Z4 great outright speed and very good brakes.

Use bumper cam

Thanks Guys. Will Start with the Campaign/Circuit and gather some Cars and Experience. 

I did get Renault Megane Gr4 as part of some daily reward, Will save up until i know which one to buy and get familiar with the game. 

And, Yeah started using Bumper cam. :)  its way different than what i am used to but would help in the long run if i end up getting a wheel

Such Idiots literally, made up 3-4 positions in the final few corners of final lap in many races.

They hit each other,over shoot,etc do all stupid things just to gain a position losing theirs instead :doh: Stupid Idiots.

I don't know why these morons can't f**king brake. We are going round a corner I'm on the outside line and 2 guys on the inside. Eventually I have a higher exit speed and perfect line for the next corner but I decide to slow down anyway because I know these guys won't give me room or worse they'll rear end me. So I slow down and let them pass. Both of them have a crappy line to the next corner and I know there's going to be someone wiping out. I was right. Both wipe out so I speed up and put a good sec and a half between them. I've now caught up with the next guy in front but I don't have enough pace to overtake him cleanly and he's also slowing me down on the corners  and the guy behind is able to cut my lead down to .500. guy in front loses it and starts to slide so I have no option but to alter my line and slow down a little. The guy behind has got to be blind because he doesn't brake or slow he just bumps me off the road and zooms off. I dropped from 3rd to 12th and my race was ruined. f**k these noobs.