Got my first win yday , with Renault Magane. Started at 2nd position and the 1st guy went wide in lap 1 first turn itself. Held the lead for all of three laps successfuly. :D

Those double cones placed to indicate brake points are great but they can get knocked out. So in the 2nd lap, I almost ran into a wall due to it as I was waiting for it to show up [emoji14]

Excellent game overall. Love the attention to detail on the cars and the way they are presented. It's as if the developers worship them day in and day out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Got my first win yday , with Renault Magane. Started at 2nd position and the 1st guy went wide in lap 1 first turn itself. Held the lead for all of three laps successfuly. :D

Those double cones placed to indicate brake points are great but they can get knocked out. So in the 2nd lap, I almost ran into a wall due to it as I was waiting for it to show up emoji14.png

Excellent game overall. Love the attention to detail on the cars and the way they are presented. It's as if the developers worship them day in and day out.

I've never used the cones. Use the corner markers instead of the cones. Gives a better indication of brake point and corner start, apex and exit. Also they are floating so cannot be knocked down and it's really improved my line as well. I've never ever used the racing line assist. 

Don't get used to the Megane or the Scirocco. PD will guaranteed nerf them both at some point just like they nerfed the GT-R earlier. Frankly racing with the Megane/Scirocco is a guaranteed win or top 3 finish. Today I was in a group 4 race with 7 Meganes, 2 Scirocco's, 1 Viper and me in a Genesis. Started last and finished 7th. 

TIP : Also if you're going to continue with the Megane turn on countersteering to Strong, and the car will take corners much faster. Also not sure of your setup but Megane/Scirroco TCS 0 and Brake balance (-)3 for fast tracks and (+) 4 for slower corner intensive tracks.

Edited by Walker
  • Like 1

Against my better judgement decided to try Race C on the oval. BC qualified 3rd and finished 7th. Tried my best to race clean and I would probably have finished 1st if it wasn't for just one moron in a 20 player race. The guy was decently quick but he spent most of his time trying to nudge people into walls. I passed 1st and 2nd and this guy manages to pull alongside me and taps me on my left so I bumped into the wall. He pulls ahead. I manage to catch up and I'm about to overtake him and he bumps me again into the wall. I slowed and followed. Same lap again I manage to almost pass him and he bumps me into the wall again. I give up and allow 3rd and 4th to go ahead in the hope he causes some accident and I can capitalise. He manages to cause an accident but he and 2nd still keep going but much slower. So I manage to overtake 2nd cleanly and this time he is to the left of second so I get thru cleanly but I didn't expect him to bump 2nd into me so both of us get bumped into the wall. Wtf. Anyway I kept my SR and he got demoted but I lost my chance at the win :(

Here we go. Recently due to my own shitty state of mind my DR dropped from upper C to mid D yesterday. Consecutive bad races where I made too many mistakes. This morning I raced the Daily Race C Group 4 on Maggiore which is my one of my favourite tracks. As usual I selected my trusty Genesis. Started 16th as I didn't post a qualifying time. I didn't max out the car at all but I realised by just taking it easy I managed to move up 12 positions and finished 5th, not one bump, not one negative SR in 8 laps and I made only one mistake. Back to DR C and SR B. Feels good. I'll post a replay later this evening.

Thanks for the tips Walker.

I frankly haven't changed one thing with respect to car tuning and just did some changes to TCS and could see massive difference even with one point reduction.

I did the One make daily race on the Mazda roadster and could not record a time below 52. Then tried for couple of laps with TCS 1 and was able to make it 50.9.

So I guess that explains how some guys simply overtake me even in onemake races (definitely not the drafting in some instances).

Finally got my second pole + win today . DR C and SR B now.

Just scratching the surface so far with this game.

So many tracks and cars to explore further.

• Like 1

Still chasing that 20th win :(

Anyway I've decided I'm only going to race the C races. Longer races with a better chance of being consistent. Take it easy for the first couple or three laps during which you can guage the field and decide whom to overtake. Mostly the donkeys take each other out.

We'll work something out soon. I'm just not sure of my weekend plans anymore because Xmas is coming so i may be busy in the lead up. But we'll work something out for sure. Haven't tried lobbies yet.

Finally after languishing in the SR B levels for 3 weeks of frustratingly bad encounters (at one point I actually hit SR E in frustration) I've got back to SR S. DR upper C. Damn I'm enjoying the clean races so much now.

Almost up to DR level B now. SR hit S and I've really had the best 4 races last night. 

All races on Maggiore, Group 3, 10 laps.

First race started 15th and had a tremendous battle for 12th right from the get go. It was a 4 way battle with drivers exchanging places all the way to the finish line. Eventually I managed to take and keep the 12th after a gruelling 20 minutes.

Second race started 18th and finished 8th. First lap dropped to 20th after missing the 4th corner. And by lap 6 i managed to pull myself up to 10th. Finally finished 8th after the guy in front spun out under pressure.

Third race was probably my worst. Qualified 9th and finished 12th. Made a lot of mistakes and badly timed overtakes ensured I lost easy places. 

Fourth race was my best. Started 8th on the grid and immediately was overtaken on the first corner by a few cars pushing me down to 12th. This time I was determined not to finish below 5th and pushed every lap. Some epic battles for position, with one guy trying to push me off the road but I used this rear punt as a boost to pull even further away. Eventually even after my best effort I finished 6th. 

Damn this game is really good if you find some decent, clean drivers.

GT Sport Could Become UK’s Best Selling 2017 PS4 Exclusive

It’s no secret that the recent increase in GT Sport copies sold in the UK has been impressive. Claims of an 800%+ boost in week-on-week sales numbers during Black Friday only told half the story.

Last week the racer continued its momentum by holding on as the third best selling game in the UK, only topped by the Call of Duty and FIFA juggernauts. The news continues to be positive too, as GT Sport is on track to become the best performing PS4 exclusive in the region.

The news comes via a report on GamesIndustry.biz, commenting on Sport‘s performance last week. According to the site, Polyphony’s latest is only a few weeks away from beating out its nearest competitor. The best seller of 2017 so far is Activision’s Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy remaster collection. Nostalgia is playing a huge part in Crash’s success but GT Sport is gaining, and fast

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-become-2017s-best-selling-ps4-exclusive-uk/

Connected the T150 and did a few laps around Dragons Trail. I'm considerably slower than the DS4, about 3-4 secs slower, however I'm getting the hang of it. After about 9-10 laps I noticed I'm consistently within 100-200ths of a sec per lap. So I guess  im slower but my laptimes seem to be consistent unlike the DS4 where my times fluctuated quite a bit. I'm going to need a lot of practice before I'm as fast as with a DS4. Goodbye sports more till I'm good enough.

I've been saying this since GT5 days, the controller has hidden assists in GT that are completely turned off when using wheel. Notice how you can throw a car around however you like with DS4, going from full brake to full throttle, going full lock on wheel etc. Yeah can't do that on wheel. The car behaves lot more like a real car. Its lot more fun though, and with practice you'll eventually cross DS4 times.

16 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I've been saying this since GT5 days, the controller has hidden assists in GT that are completely turned off when using wheel. Notice how you can throw a car around however you like with DS4, going from full brake to full throttle, going full lock on wheel etc. Yeah can't do that on wheel. The car behaves lot more like a real car. Its lot more fun though, and with practice you'll eventually cross DS4 times.

True, but eventually the wheel times get better