1 hour ago, Walker said:

Doesnt affect the travel as I altered the spring by cutting & filing it to fit further back where there is more space so the coils have enough room to compress fully without affecting the caliberation. The compression spring does offer more resistance than the torsion spring but I find that better because the stock torsion spring had hardly any resistance.

Stock springs on most popular steering wheel sets don't feel authentic. It's a very common complaint. Are you planning to sell the replacement once you get it?

41 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

Stock springs on most popular steering wheel sets don't feel authentic. It's a very common complaint. Are you planning to sell the replacement once you get it?

Don't know. I ordered for 2. Depending on the strength I may end up using both for the pedal. However if one is enough I'll let you know. 

Either way for this set the specs you need:

Wire thickness : 1.4 mm

Outside Diameter -  14mm

Arm length - 22-24mm

3-5 coils.

An Update : a few days back I had sent in an email to Thrustmaster about this. Yesterday I got a reply asking for the invoice copy, product serial number, and my details. I sent in the info via email. This morning I get a reply stating the springs are being dispatched to me no questions asked. Color me impressed because Sony had me jumping thru hoops for my ps3 along with a thousand runarounds and multiple calls and visits. If only all companies decided to work like this. Granted the springs might only cost a few cents at most I cannot imagine an Indian company willing to do something like this without having to talk to some idiot for 20 mins, spend another 15 on hold and then being told to visit a service center 10 times.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update 2: received a set of 2 springs from Thrustmaster France. Their support was very helpful and answered any queries I had. Good job on them.

The springs seem to be valued at 5 euros a spring which seems a bit steep. But as long as I got them for free no complaints. Fitted the spring back in after greasing the pin, spring and pedal joint. Took a few attempts to get the calibration right but it's as good as new again. Props to Thrustmaster for the quick response and service 

• Like 1

There's a new bug where the main screen takes over 5-10 mins to load after the new update. Had to reload the game about 5 times before it loaded correctly. Anyway PD is aware and said they're working on a fix. 

I'm thinking we should make a lobby soon and do 22 lap races. No assists except for ABS. 

Tracks:

Nurb GP

Maggiore

Suzuka

Brands Hatch

Yamagiwa+Miyabi

Monza

Dragon Trail

Interlagos

Panorama

Gr.3 only (open choice)

Tires : RH

Tire + Fuel wear

Penalties + Damage etc.

Should be fun. One race per weekend?

Edited by Walker

31 minutes ago, Walker said:

I'm thinking we should make a lobby soon and do 22 lap races. No assists except for ABS. 

Tracks:

Nurb GP

Maggiore

Suzuka

Brands Hatch

Yamagiwa+Miyabi

Monza

Dragon Trail

Interlagos

Panorama

Gr.3 only (open choice)

Tires : RH

Tire + Fuel wear

Penalties + Damage etc.

Should be fun. One race per weekend?

Sure but why 22 laps? Thats a bit too much. Rather have 2-3 timed or 10 lap races.. would be more fun and people would be able to join in even if they arrive a little late or disconnect etc. 

Also dont ban assists except 'autodrive' one, I would suggest.

11 minutes ago, Rhythmthief said:

I can

Sent from my ELUGA_A3 using Tapatalk

Sure. I'll update here once I figure out lobby settings.

9 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Who's mango man? that's one awesome username.

Lol yeah. 

4 minutes ago, mango_man said:

Sure but why 22 laps? Thats a bit too much. Rather have 2-3 timed or 10 lap races.. would be more fun and people would be able to join in even if they arrive a little late or disconnect etc. 

Also dont ban assists except 'autodrive' one, I would suggest.

I'll need to check how to disable certain assists then. Never tried lobbies so not sure. Tuning will be disabled tho.

22 would be a bit much yes. Maybe 10-15 depending on track. 

Edited by Walker