1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

FPS unlocking is a low effort patch. I feel Sony is only strategically releasing the patches in downtime for sustained hype. 

Games like UC, Death Stranding, HZD should've received patches by now. 

I really wanna play DS but holding out for frame unlock patch. 

Games like This one,The Last Guardian,Bloodborne or Death Stranding is not really in Sony’s hands as they were outsourced Third Party developments in collaboration

The developer holds the Source code & the right to update it with PS5 patch 

& In few select cases when development is based on a 30fps only engine it is not as easy as to flip a button  

But only the developer knows that better 

Plus I don’t see any benefit Sony will get by purposely delaying the patches 

the more games are PS5 compatible the more better it is for them

We can just hope that they get this done on priority to get it ASAP though  

It is lame for whatever reason 

If I was Sony I would want the 60fps patch for TLOU2 out as soon as possible 

Possibly at PS5 launch 

there is absolutely no benefit in releasing them later 

Staying in news is your view point 

but getting negative backlash for 6 months for not doing it is more harmful as evident 

But yeah devs know better as to why 30fps games on PS4 are easier to run 60fps on PC 

If it was so simple Sony might as well would have ported the PC version of Days Gone on PS5 instead of just enabling 60fps 

M$ did a lot of things in it’s free time over the past few years….let’s not go there 

I & pretty much everybody can vouch that studios at Sony haven’t had much free time in the last decade or so 

Also saying that it can be done instantly & Sony is holding it off to be in news is as weird as thinking that M$ could have launched Halo Infinite with new XBox simultaneously but didn’t because they wanted to gather attention 

Games like TLOU2,GoT could have easily been marketed as Day1 system sellers for PS5 if they would have been compatible day1 

Got done with the game just now. Fantastic game. Every choice had so much weight. Kara's route broke me cause

I sacrificed her in the end to save Luther and Alice. I almost cried. I just couldn't come to sacrifice someone else and I assumed the no sacrifice option was the worst one. 

Edit: According to the game literally 0% of the players( I assume this is rounded down) took the same path as me. Amazing

I recommend everyone to give this game a shot now that it's free with PS+ on the PS5. QD's best game. I hope they are working on their next title for the curr gen. 

11/10 in the visual presentation department. The best on screen real time graphics I've ever witnessed. I don't understand how the game is not more famous.

Edited by Aloy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, AnK said:

Better than Heavy Rain?!?

Should have clarified, never played heavy rain, only beyond two souls. 

From what I've seen/heard, people find it better than Heavy rain.

5 hours ago, Aloy said:

Should have clarified, never played heavy rain, only beyond two souls. 

From what I've seen/heard, people find it better than Heavy rain.

You played beyond and not HR? Bhai beyond sucks …..do play heavy rain…was really good back then IMO and still is I assume.

Posting here 'cause I don't think we have a Heavy Rain thread (at least couldn't find it)

The game has a rough start 'cause the controls feel so off when coming from a modern QD game like Detroit. Also, (prologue spoiler)

The death scene could have been handled in a better form. It felt rushed and forced.

Other than that I'm feeling it. It feels more raw and grounded. Ethan is kind relatable (the classic father/son relationship dynamics are easy to relate). The detective also seems cool.

• 2 years later...

Just finished the game. Tried few other endings as well while trying for trophies. Overall great looking game for PS4, the motion capturing is done really well, it looks and runs smooth in PS5. The start and ending was really good and the protagonists are really well written along with some supporting cast.

21 hours ago, AnK said:

This was good but not great like Heavy Rain back in it’s time.

But still a lot better than Beyond Two souls which was needless drag in a lot of parts.

Heavy Rain has great story and branching based decisions. Camera angles were bad during QTEs. 

Never crossed first chapter in Beyond Two Souls. 

On a technical level obviously Heavy Rain can’t touch Detroit BH coz they are generation apart.

But the story & specially the tension that Heavy Rain builds is just on another level.

Until Dawn is the only one that comes close but it being an out & out horror obviously has a big advantage. 

I hope Quantic Dream doesn’t quit it’s USP.

• Like 1