Interviewer: Domestic abuse and child abuse is quite extreme as these things go.

David Cage: Let me ask you this question. Would you ask this question to a film director, or to a writer? Would you?

later on..

Interviewer : I know I need to wrap up - is nothing off-limits as far as you're concerned as a writer?

David Cage: Off-limits? What is off-limits is what goes beyond the values I believe in. There are things I'd never do. I'd never do a racist game, or a misogynist game. These are the limits. When you feel okay with the content and the meaning when you know you have nothing to be ashamed of because it's fair and it tells the right story and because it's moving. There are no limits. ..  Games are a medium like anything - it's more than a medium for me, I've been saying the same thing for 20 years, it's an art form, and an art form should be free to express different things, including strong and dark emotions as long as it's done in a fair, honest and sincere way. That's what I hope I'm doing with Detroit - and believe me, we ask ourselves these questions every morning. We take it very seriously as we feel like we have a responsibility.

David Cage on Detroit and its depiction of domestic violence

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-31-david-cage-on-detroit-and-its-depiction-of-domestic-violence

I think the reporter was just trying to fish for something there. I absolutely didn't see the point of grilling Cage so much on this matter.

Domestic abuse has been done in movies to death, so just because it's part of a video game scene (just a scene, not that the entire game is based on domestic abuse) doesn't mean the writer/director is 'going off-limits.'

13 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

I think the reporter was just trying to fish for something there. I absolutely didn't see the point of grilling Cage so much on this matter.

Domestic abuse has been done in movies to death, so just because it's part of a video game scene (just a scene, not that the entire game is based on domestic abuse) doesn't mean the writer/director is 'going off-limits.'

He indeed was grilling Cage and I shared this because I loved Cage's replies.

Eurogamer reporters are suddenly having a fit about controversial game trailers :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-31-sonys-paris-press-conference-suggests-we-need-a-new-way-to-show-difficult-games

Edited by GeraltOfRivia

Excellent Trailer but I am afraid that they are revealing too many Sequences for what supposed to be a strictly single player game. Hope they keep lot more in hiding.

Also just remembered the cut your own finger sequence from HR. That was bloody well done as well.

• 1 month later...
  • Heaven Angel changed the title to Detroit: Become Human