Ni no Kuni 2

rAgHaV

55 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Where can i find this game online or in mumbai ? Don't see it online at GTS, FK etc, hoping to find the EU version so as to get future DLCs easily

Don't think this game launched here officially. Simply not a lot of demand for the JRPG genre. Your best options are the local grey market, trading post or the PS Store.

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Where can i find this game online or in mumbai ? Don't see it online at GTS, FK etc, hoping to find the EU version so as to get future DLCs easily

If you want a physical copy in Mumbai, and can travel to Thane, contact Emart games in Korum mall. The owner's no. is +91 97735 61234.  Store no. is 022 6721 6006. I suggest you talk to the owner directly. It's where I got my PS4 Prince's Edition (For INR 6k). He can also give you the PS4 standard version for INR 4k (You can try negotiating with him for more discount). He might take 1-2 days to get the game (since it's imported from Gulf) but he will get it if you ask him to. You only need to pay when you go to collect it in store. He might even supply the game quicker if he has stock left over from the time I ordered the game.

Ni no Kuni 2 did not have an official release so such stores which can get games from abroad is your only chance of physical copies. You will not find the game in Amazon/FK etc. PC version ofc has no physical release anywhere at all so STEAM is your only option. OFC  PS4 digital version can be got from PSN as well.

BTW the Prince's edition is really quite VFM since it includes the season pass and lots of physical extras (Steelbook, Making of DVD etc.) at the same price it's being sold on PSN. I expect if you get it, you might be able to make quite a bit in reselling (No guarantees from me though)

And yes, the Prince's Edition is EU version (Doesn't matter since season pass is included, and I redeemed the code on my Indian PSN account), so I expect even Standard version will be EU version as well, but you can talk to the owner and confirm with him.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, roun90 said:

If you want a physical copy in Mumbai, and can travel to Thane, contact Emart games in Korum mall. The owner's no. is +91 97735 61234.  Store no. is 022 6721 6006. I suggest you talk to the owner directly. It's where I got my PS4 Prince's Edition (For INR 6k). He can also give you the PS4 standard version for INR 4k (You can try negotiating with him for more discount). He might take 1-2 days to get the game (since it's imported from Gulf) but he will get it if you ask him to. You only need to pay when you go to collect it in store. He might even supply the game quicker if he has stock left over from the time I ordered the game.

This is a great option, indeed. :good:

27 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Now I know where to grab an early copy of GoW.

57 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

fNow I know where to grab an early copy of GoW.

Sure; I almost got NNK2 1-2 days before release (The supplier had got it much earlier). Only thing the guy delivering to the store got stuck in airport (customs clearance got delayed), so I got "delayed" to the release day

• 2 weeks later...

Patch 1.02 released. Details:

PS4 & PC improvements:

- Improved the game stability

- Added a shortcut for "SAVE" in the main menu

- Added specie icon on the message that appear before the battle with tainted monsters

- Added region names on the map menu when zoomed out

- Made "Lock/Unlock settings" for users to lock/unlock the equipment when changing them at the main menu

- Changed the color of skirmish flag effect when the battle is cleared

- Changed the timing of the pose during the victory screen when the battle is finished

- Added help comment for citizen rank up and save

- Fixed the bug during the side quest 051 "Trainee Priestess Speio" where quest will not proceed even when the magic "Rejuvenate" is learned

- Fixed the bug caused by the order of the actions during Chapter 6, the Factory floors.

- Fixed other minor bugs

PC-specific improvements:

- Improved camera movements when a PC mouse is used

- Fixed the screen blackout when [CapsLock] key and [Q] key is pressed at the same time during the full screen mode

- Fixed the drop of framerate when 2 monitor screens are used

------

Haven't booted up my PS4. So, I'm not sure of the size of the patch.

6 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

- Changed the color of skirmish flag effect when the battle is cleared

NICE! Finally won't have to repeat to check if cleared or not. 

I think the patch size is rather small. 

• 2 months later...

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom version 1.03 update now available, adds Hard and Expert difficulty modes

Version 1.03

• New difficulty modes added: Hard and Expert. You can choose how hard you want your challenge to be when you select “New Game” from the title screen, or by entering the in-game options menu at any time. Three difficulty levels are available: Normal, Hard, and Expert. The higher the setting, the harder the battles will be, but this will be offset by rarer treasures from monsters, from the chests in the Faraway Forest, and certain other places. You’ll also be able to access the true potential of accessories, with monsters occasionally dropping ones with two skills! (This won’t affect any you already own.)
  • Maximum quality level of equipment drops expanded (in Hard or higher).
  • Chances of rare item drop increased (in Hard or higher).
  • New equipment skills added.
  • Rare accessories with second skill slot added.
  • Various other game balance issues and minor bugs have also been addressed.
  • A bug that allowed the airship to land in places where it should not be able to land has been fixed.
  • Steam version only: A bug that made the player unable to control the camera at specific screen resolutions has been fixed.

qkfpjm0.png

• 1 year later...

Started it yesterday and third time was the charm. Got hooked instantly and finished the first two chapters in one sitting. Might have finished the 3rd too if not for a power cut :) Though the story isnt as good as the first game, the changes in gameplay made up for it. Dont mind it being on the easier side...may be thats the reason I am liking it this time...needed a calm game to chill out in these times. Great visuals and that familiar music. Also loving the fact that this has cut the flab associated with JRPGs to a good extent, that stretches a 30 hours game to 40-50 hours. I remember fighting a pig shaped tank in first NNK for almost 40 mins because I was at a lower level and was dealing very little damage. Had to spend lot of time grinding after that. On my way to forest of Niall and I think I'll get obsessed with kingdom building aspect too once it opens up.

Only two complaints so far -
1. Skirmishes are boring. But heard most of them are optionals so wont be much of a bother.
2. Text font when the characters are randomly talking to each other is so small, very difficult to read. I'm on version 1 of the game, seeing version 4 is available now, will update and check if there is any setting regarding this.

33 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

What you guys liked the most in this game? I wasn't picking this one up because it seemed childish to me.

But some of you elder guys liked it and this is a good time to get my hands on older games.

Simple chill story. Great gameplay mechanics. Beautiful visuals and soudtrack. Whats not to like?

Also " you elder guys"? wtf? :threatenlumber:

• Haha 1