STAR WARS

Heaven Angel

So? Still, doesn't make it P2W.

4 minutes ago, sobbii said:

atleast it doesnt force me to buy lootboxes to progress my character level or get upperhand..

Well, you are forced to grind out. Time is money. I could sit all day and grind or work and skip the grind. It's added just for MTs.

And of course, you can get upper hand on Shadow of War too if you drop in $$$. 

STAR WARS - you are NOT locked out of anything. Sure you can get the upper hand but you will be playing against other users. I could drop $$$ and get all the cards and still suck at shooting.

The rewards are also random. The person who shells out $100 has a chance of not getting anything while a pleb without spending $ could get the best card right at the start. 

But OKAY! Have it your way. P2W. HOkgX8E.png

9 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

It does. You are forced to grind if you don't pay.

Grinding is something every game has but the way how much effort weighs on how much you're getting is determined. In SOW after you've completed the full game you'll have to complete the Act 4 to watch a cinematic sequence but in SWBF2 you're required to do a tremendous amount of grind if you're not paying to counterpart with the opponent user.  

17 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Hearthstone and other CCG games - $$$ -> buy packs -> WIN

FIFA and other sport -> $$$ -> buy packs -> WIN

Battlefield -> $$$$ -> buy bundle -> WIN

TITANFALL II -> $$$ -> unlock Titans instantly -> WIN

MMO GAMES (GW2 for example) -> $$$ -> GOLD -> WIN

I do not know about the HearthStone and Fifa which I would't comment on but rest of them do you felt any of them was required to buy any kind of MT's? Titanfall 2? A linear game which was loved by critics and fans, Battlefield to unlock guns but I barely saw people are complaining about it because it wasn't needed.

24 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

On top of that, you paid $$$ for Shadow of War just to limit yourself from online so you are not affected by any online or MTs

What I meant is you can do this too if you want to, if not then yes go online and do what you want to it still won't affect the game. Try to understand what the other person is trying to say first. Damn 6xhwd8I.png

So? Still, doesn't make it P2W.

Well, you are forced to grind out. Time is money. I could sit all day and grind or work and skip the grind. It's added just for MTs.

And of course, you can get upper hand on Shadow of War too if you drop in $$$. 

STAR WARS - you are NOT locked out of anything. Sure you can get the upper hand but you will be playing against other users. I could drop $$$ and get all the cards and still suck at shooting.
The rewards are also random. The person who shells out $100 has a chance of not getting anything while a pleb without spending $ could get the best card right at the start. 

But OKAY! Have it your way. P2W. HOkgX8E.png
so why make a system which lets someone spend 100$ for same thing which can be gained by playing..? isnt this like looting gamers who are bad at a game and spend moneybin hope of getting some advantage.. same goes for the sow btw.. time indeed is money so i understand if you wouldnt wanna grind but you are contradicting yourself here again.. you just mentioned few games in couple posts above i am sure there was some grind involved in those..
i am just saying its funny how you bash one game for mts and love another because yaayiee free dlcs..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Hey, but that's not how a 'billion dollar business work' does it? If you won't give something good to the person who's spending on those miraculous loot crates he won't buy them again. But you wouldn't have to give them everything because we want them to buy again, So what do we do now? For that I have cosmetics and emotes yippekayyay! 

3 minutes ago, sobbii said:

so why make a system which lets someone spend 100$ for same thing which can be gained by playing..? isnt this like looting gamers who are bad at a game and spend moneybin hope of getting some advantage.. 

Too late. EA has mastered this kind of system with their sports games. Like it or not, this pay for getting the upper hand is old now. They have been doing it for years and it's not going to change as it seems to be very profitable for them. 

The casuals end up dumping the CC for short burst of fun. It's bad but it's not new. People are seeing it now because sports communities didn't bring out the issue years back and now it's too late. With that success, they are going for the same route for STAR WARS. Yes, you can pay to get better but you are just dumping your money for the RANDOM item. EA doesn't have any sort of pity timers. No one is guaranteed for anyone or anything. Dump all your $$$ and you might still not get anything. bJyenTO.png

The reason I'm okay with FREE DLCs because the regulars who will play the game won't be dropping money and the casuals who dropped their money won't bother after few weeks. It's a win-win for everyone. I get my game + all free content because someone dropped money. Can't say the same for other games where you have to pay $100 and still sit and grind. 

Just now, CarbonCore said:

Wait you can unlock Titans by paying extra? WTF when did they add that?

Yes. I was shocked too when I saw that I can pay and get all the TITANS right away. Believe it was added last year itself when they dropped first content pack. 

7 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Hey, but that's not how a 'billion dollar business work' does it? If you won't give something good to the person who's spending on those miraculous loot crates he won't buy them again. But you wouldn't have to give them everything because we want them to buy again, So what do we do now? For that I have cosmetics and emotes yippekayyay! 

You are not understanding. How to put it. Um, it's like playing the lottery. It's a vicious cycle. 

You drop in $100. You get nothing but the game tempts you and you drop your last $10 hoping you will get something nice. And boom, you get it. You are happy and then you come back and drop $100 more. G3HeXOU.png

At least as a trade-off, you are getting free content. I'd take it as I don't drop money for in-game items nor want to pay for extra content. 

6 minutes ago, adity said:

Yeah. But you get unlocks at a constant rate. So MTs aren't invasive at all.

Does not matter if they are invasive or not. The existence of these things in a full retail title in itself is an abhorrence. 

And do not give sh*t about $60 per game is not enough to sustain the industry, there is hardly a complete game release these days that is just $60 and done, there is a season pass tacked onto 90% of the games and outrageous Collector's /Exclusive /Retailer Exclusive /Beef Jerky Edition(s) 

1 minute ago, Walker said:

Wtf is beef jerky edition? Please tell me there isn't a beef jerky edition :lol:

All those Doritos and Dew tie-ins man. You could buy this special edition of some meat sticks which would give you codes inside to redeem for XP crates in Battlefield 4. 

1 minute ago, adity said:

I know, I know. But Titanfall 2 still has one of the best business models. Just pointing it out.
All titans and weapons are equally viable so it doesn't pose that big an issue.

It still does not change the fact that it exists in the first place.

EA's impending victim: Bioware or maybe Respawn Entertainment. 

All eyes on Anthem now, if that fails on EA's charts it'll be their end of the line if they continue to implement dodgy microtransaction shenanigans and lootboxes it's safe to say that they are on the fast track to their own destruction. 

But they have to do it because that's how a 'billion dollar company' works, yea? Yes we'll pay because we have to support these companies man. 

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

All eyes on Anthem now, if that fails on EA's charts it'll be their end of the line if they continue to implement dodgy microtransaction shenanigans and lootboxes it's safe to say that they are on the fast track to their own destruction. 

But they have to do it because that's how a 'billion dollar company' works, yea? Yes we'll pay because we have to support these companies man. 

Nah man; don't think Bioware is at much risk now. Thing about EA, they need a prescence in all major genres they can get their hands on. And RPGs currently are a very prime genre. Besides, Bioware is just alive in name. I think almost all original talent responsible for games upto ME2 and DA:O (Their final actual good games) left anyway.

Also even with ME:A's failure, both DA and ME are still prime IPs. People still hold out hope for a good DA game. And ME can be salvaged, by giving back the game to their A Team, bringing back Shepard and putting enough care to clear bugs. And marketing it like crazy (which they do anyway). From a business POV, both IPs have potential still.

So unless EA acquires (really hope not) CDPR, Larian or Obsidian; Bioware (the name at least) will exist, even if Anthem fails.

Yes It all depends on the business models. Since games like Dead Space are developed in the US, high labor costs, latest graphics tech plus high taxes are responsible for the high budgets.

Firstly unlike Mario games, Dead Space has a limited target audience so it should be expected that the volumes sold would be low compared.  It's silly to spend high marketing expenses for Dead Space 2.

Secondly for MP or competitive games, the players need to play early to get the best advantage over others which is why they stay longer and sell well. Its a continuous flow of money for the developers/publishers till they get stale. SP only games are like books so they can wait till they get cheaper. If physical versions are unavailable they can get digital.

On 18/10/2017 at 9:12 PM, Heaven Angel said:

Bioware and Dice are core EA studios. EA is finished without these 2 studios. 

Archived