STAR WARS

Heaven Angel

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Why even discuss? It's not new. It's going on for years. People who put their money and faith early are getting bonuses. What's wrong in that? 

Second, you are not locked out. You can still buy it later when they put it on sale, unlike what SONY does. 

Alright then, go ahead and put your faith and money and get the special 'blue' smoke. And it seems you have just assumed that I think Sony is saint.

Can't help if people are biased. 

When EA adds loot boxes in SP game, you can tag me and watch it.
microtransactions are an evil for sure.. i am sure you dont buy em nor have i in all my years of gaming.. but the things is they spoil the fun be it sp or mp.. free dlc doesnt justify adding a mt structure with loot boxes its fine for you and me we never have bought anything.. but i am sure there are others who would have problems.. and their opinion matters too they are or will be paying for the game..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just now, GeraltOfRivia said:

Alright then, go ahead and put your faith and money and get the special 'blue' smoke. And it seems you have just assumed that I think Sony is saint.

I don't pre-order unless it's on Steam/Origin where I can refund. I didn't assume you or anyone. It's pretty obvious on the forum how SONY gets a pass on everything.

1 minute ago, sobbii said:

microtransactions are an evil for sure.. i am sure you dont buy em nor have i in all my years of gaming.. but the things is they spoil the fun be it sp or mp.. free dlc doesnt justify adding a mt structure with loot boxes its fine for you and me we never have bought anything.. but i am sure there are others who would have problems.. and their opinion matters too they are or will be paying for the game..

Guess there is no neutral ground on that front. Can't please everyone. 

End of discussion. 

You know what? In an SP game I don't give a sh*t about preorder bonuses as long as I get the complete game. I don't really care about future DLC or costumes or themes. What I do give a sh*t about is being able to play a game without having to buy anything with real money to complete the gane. If there's something locked behind a paywall or I have to grind within an inch of my life to get ahead you can take that game and shove it. I don't have the time for that crap.

If at some point the DLC/expansion is really good I'll f**king buy it because that's how I show my appreciation.

For MP it's a whole other ballgame. It's murky and muddy and full of various stages of sh*t.

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Wolfenstein II has entire first DLC as pre-order bonus.

They have the prologue episode as a bonus, which you can get later if you get the season pass. 

13 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

They have the prologue episode as a bonus, which you can get later if you get the season pass. 

Still not right. DLCs are supposed to be content developed after the launch. Anyone buying standard edition after the launch misses out on the stuff that was ready before the game's launch.

Now, again one may argue that companies can do what they want to do. Their content, their policies. I am merely mentioning what I don't like.

8 minutes ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

Still not right. DLCs are supposed to be content developed after the launch. Anyone buying standard edition after the launch misses out on the stuff that was ready before the game's launch.

Now, again one may argue that companies can do what they want to do. Their content, their policies. I am merely mentioning what I don't like.

I am not defending the practice, just correcting the fact that it is not something that is completely lost if you do not purchase Day One. 

19 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

That's not just EA's expectations. Pretty much every big publisher wants their AAA game to be 90+ rating. 

Those days are long gone. The ones that treat games as an art in minority. 

When you publish a game, you expect it to be good and not settle for 60. 

19 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

You don't know how to business yo. 

I understand how the industry works guys. Was simply venting.

Metacritic is still a shitty way to measure quality though. It's one reason why I really respect Eurogamer for dropping scores altogether. Assigning a number to a product is looking over so many little nuances. Games are big, they have so many facets and one number doesn't represent everything. However, now metacritic and scores have become the de facto standards to measure things by. Not to mention most big review sites are incredibly biased towards certain things and unfairly harsh towards others.

Archived