Battlefield 1

Heaven Angel

Same problem for me.. Despite running a config of i5 4690k + gtx 1060 6gb + 16GB RAM.. 
I haven't checked my disk usage but my CPU usage is most of the time 98+ which I feel is causing the problem for me..
I even tried overclocking CPU to 4.2GHz but still no use..

You can try the below options and see if it helps in your case :-

1. Type in this console command in game with different integer values like 1, 2, 3, 4 etc :-
RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit

2. Edit the file - "\user.cfg" and add the following value to it :-
gametime.maxvariablefps 60

I was getting a variable performance of 40~60fps across all game modes/maps previously. After this changes now I get 60fps constant in smaller maps like TDM.. However in 64p conquest maps I still have the low fps issues..
But as per my gpu I should get 110fps on any maps. Then why should I stick with 60fps? I mean I spent large amount of money for this gpu. If it doesn't perform as it should then why to make compromise? I will try your method but I don't want 69fps. I want 110fps.

5 hours ago, djanuj said:

So I reinstalled my windows and played the game. I get 98fps using internal origin fps Counter. I am somewhat satisfied but I feel I should get 110fps.

I think I had like 15 frames spare in my game. You can have them if you like. 

• Like 2

I think I had like 15 frames spare in my game. You can have them if you like.       

Common. It's really not fair. I spent huge amount for GTX 1070. The least I could expect is that it fulfills the fps limit. It's like you spending and buying a Ferrari but it's speed is like i20? Would you find that funny? Check this for more info. I have same specs except for Mobo and RAM. The only difference is that mine stutters and I cannot play smoothly. Btw I have enabled dx12 settings.    

https://youtu.be/A0cB8fsk9ro

^ Why are you playing with DirectX 12? That API is known to have issues, especially more with Nvidia hardware. 

I was recommended from Nvidia forum that dx12 should be enabled. Will try removing dx12

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, djanuj said:

I was recommended from Nvidia forum that dx12 should be enabled. Will try removing dx12

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

DX12 drops performance instead of increasing it in most cases

3 hours ago, djanuj said:

Common. It's really not fair. I spent huge amount for GTX 1070. The least I could expect is that it fulfills the fps limit. It's like you spending and buying a Ferrari but it's speed is like i20? Would you find that funny? Check this for more info. I have same specs except for Mobo and RAM. The only difference is that mine stutters and I cannot play smoothly. Btw I have enabled dx12 settings.    

Lol, bhai yeh pehle batana chaiye tha na. 

• Like 1

But as per my gpu I should get 110fps on any maps. Then why should I stick with 60fps? I mean I spent large amount of money for this gpu. If it doesn't perform as it should then why to make compromise? I will try your method but I don't want 69fps. I want 110fps.

BTW what is your monitor's refresh rate?

Edited by goDofWar_skr

Btw I disabled dx11 and reinstalled windows. Now I get 110fps. However I am not sure why this worked. Before erasing my HDD I did all the above steps but to no avail. I would get 40-50fps only. Maybe after reinstalling It fixed it.

But I still get the stuttering issues.

If you don't have a 144Hz monitor, don't run games at uncapped framerate. Enable VSync. 

60Hz monitors can output more than 60fps but it results in screen tearing. It really doesn't help you. 

So I enable vsync and cap the frame rate? Ok. Will try doing that