UFC (MMA) Thread

RestlessSoul

I just don't understand, Holloway and Khabib are fighting for the real belt acc. to them, what? So they technically stripped Tony of the interim title? I mean, if getting injured now gets your title taken away, that means no one is guaranteed safety. Brian Ortega's no. 1 contender spot won't be safe as well.
Diaz is correct, they are winging this whole sh*t.
They had to strip him.. There was no other option. We were promised a title fight and we still have a title fight even though Max has almost no chance of winning.
If they did not strip him.. There would be no main event. Kudos to Max for taking this fight on 6 days notice but this feels like suicide.
Khabib will maul him.
This is the freaking 4th time a fight between Khabib and Tony has been cancelled. MMA Gods will never let this fight happen.

13 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

They had to strip him.. There was no other option. We were promised a title fight and we still have a title fight even though Max has almost no chance of winning.
If they did not strip him.. There would be no main event. Kudos to Max for taking this fight on 6 days notice but this feels like suicide.
Khabib will maul him.
This is the freaking 4th time a fight between Khabib and Tony has been cancelled. MMA Gods will never let this fight happen.

Then similarly Edgar vs Ortega should have been for the title with Max being stripped or at least for the interim.

They should have changed the main event to Holloway vs Ortega, since both of them were ready to compete at a 6 days notice, and schedule Khabib vs Lee next.

UFC is just going after huge paydays, I do like the matches witch result because of it but there is a pecking order in each division for a reason.

A fight between a lightweight challeger and a person who's name was never in the mix can't be a reason for Tony being stripped, but a lightweight vs lightweight would have advocated his stripping.

Edited by kunjanp

Then similarly Edgar vs Ortega should have been for the title with Max being stripped or at least for the interim.
They should have changed the main event to Holloway vs Ortega, since both of them were ready to compete at a 6 days notice, and schedule Khabib vs Lee next.
UFC is just going after huge paydays, I do like the matches witch result because of it but there is a pecking order in each division for a reason.
A fight between a lightweight challeger and a person who's name was never in the mix can't be a reason for Tony being stripped, but a lightweight vs lightweight would have advocated his stripping.

Fair point but no one would have been willing to take a short notice especially against Khabib.
Only Ortega and Holloway were willing to do so. And even they would have refused if it was not for the title.
In that situation the main event would have had to be canceled.

55 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Fair point but no one would have been willing to take a short notice especially against Khabib.
Only Ortega and Holloway were willing to do so. And even they would have refused if it was not for the title.
In that situation the main event would have had to be canceled.

If both are willing to take up the fight and their trainers made sure that they can actually cut to 145 let alone 155 in 6 days, then Max vs Brain should have been rescheduled as the main event. That would still sell big and this whole fiasco would have done well to promote it.

Both of them have pulled out twice now, UFC could have cancelled the main event like before but alas, UFC want the returns from the money they have invested in Khabib and Tony hype.

Anyways, I know Khabib will win, I want Max to pullout an upset, that dude deserves it.

Will possibly result in Max vs McGregor, think about the stakes in that match.

5: Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard II (January 2011)
4: Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald II (July 2015)
3: Mauricio Rua vs. Dan Henderson I (November 2011)
2: Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz I (March 2016)
1: Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz II (August 2016)

Damn!

Edited by Heaven Angel

Anthony Pettis stepping in for Holloway, now at this point of time, it's stupidity not bravery to step in.

They should just let Khabib fight a bear in the ring and give him the belt.

I adore Conor, but his fiasco really disappointed me.

To be honest, I seriously have some doubts whether that Conor thing is staged, I mean commission must have known about Max's cut before hand and I think UFC might have staged it to get some attention. But on the other hand, Conor is stupid enough to actually do it.

24 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Anthony Pettis stepping in for Holloway, now at this point of time, it's stupidity not bravery to step in.

They should just let Khabib fight a bear in the ring and give him the belt.

I adore Conor, but his fiasco really disappointed me.

To be honest, I seriously have some doubts whether that Conor thing is staged, I mean commission must have known about Max's cut before hand and I think UFC might have staged it to get some attention. But on the other hand, Conor is stupid enough to actually do it.

Pettis declines. Now Paul Felder is in. I don't even know who Felder is and i dont even care now. UFC 223 completely ruined.

3 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Another update.Looks like Paul Felder is out as well.

At this point i think either you or I whoever is closer to 155 should step in. AM currently 160 so i don't think i can cut to 155 what about you

@kunjanp  

What about you @Joe Cool

I am 147, I will step in but UFC doesn't know about me like Felder (who is he?), will give up in first 5 secs and take the cheque to the bank. Atleast I will make it to the octagon.

5 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I am 147, I will step in but UFC doesn't know about me like Felder (who is he?), will give up in first 5 secs and take the cheque to the bank. Atleast I will make it to the octagon.

Go eat a few burgers,pizza,drink lots of beer and soda reach 154 atleast otherwise NYSAC wont allow you to fight due to difference in weight class.

Edited by mohit9206

2 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Go eat a few burgers,pizza,drink lots of beer and soda reach 154 atleast otherwise NYSAC wont allow you to fight due to difference in weight class.

They will, because the weight must be more than the preceding weight class and in or below the class one is competing in. So 147 for lightweight is good enough.

Only if UFC had my no. ?

Great work by IAquinta, he went 5 rounds and literally pounded Khabib in the last two rounds, he was dangerous. He might have lost but certainly gained my respect. 

Khabib showed so many vulnerabilities in his game, keeping his chin high and being afraid of getting hit while on the feet. I am absolutely sure, if Tony or Conor would have been the one he was fighting, he would have been knocked out cold.

But for me, the best performance was from Rose, what a fighter she is, she took some hits but she cleared Joanna out, what a relentless athlete. Especially that last round, she decimated her, my favorite athlete in the roster right now, tied with Conor.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...