Heaven Angel

wow It's 3999 now on Steam? I thought price was 2499 or something :(

It's been like that from the time it was posted. It's Bethesda's AAA game and you expect 2499 price tag from them :lol:

It was not 3999...Price increase hua hai. .Ask Tyler..

Always was 3,999 since the start of regional pricing for India. Prey had a price listing error when most people bought the game.

You can still get the physical copy for ~2,999 from Amazon, so I do not see the need for this shock.

Always was 3,999 since the start of regional pricing for India. Prey had a price listing error when most people bought the game.

This. I bought it for 1179 :)

Story is starting to get pretty interesting now. Not sure who I should trust. Also this may cripple me in the long run but...

I'm not going to install any of the Typhon neuromods. Humanity FTW!

^Give in to the dark side. You know you want to. :naughty:

I'm only about 5hrs in and I haven't yet unlocked that tree but I have a feeling I won't be able to resist its sly charms.

I'm loving the game so far though and just running about and exploring everything has been an absolute joy. And I'm still only in the first proper open-ended level.

Gotta love that Arkane level design.

Ohh and the game's pretty challenging, at least on Hard. I found myself getting killed by the Phantoms quite a few times (probably because of my irrational reluctance to use medkits :P). Even the little mimics were giving me a pretty hard time at first but I've learnt how to deal with them now.

Played the pre-loaded section of the game. An hour in and still no gun, but its all pretty fascinating. Gives a real System Shock vibe. My main issue is that there is a lag on the PS4, which is especially irritating when you have to swing at mimics.

Played the pre-loaded section of the game. An hour in and still no gun, but its all pretty fascinating. Gives a real System Shock vibe. My main issue is that there is a lag on the PS4, which is especially irritating when you have to swing at mimics.

Patch is coming

^Give in to the dark side. You know you want to. :naughty:

I'm only about 5hrs in and I haven't yet unlocked that tree but I have a feeling I won't be able to resist its sly charms.

I'm loving the game so far though and just running about and exploring everything has been an absolute joy. And I'm still only in the first proper open-ended level.

Gotta love that Arkane level design.

Ohh and the game's pretty challenging, at least on Hard. I found myself getting killed by the Phantoms quite a few times (probably because of my irrational reluctance to use medkits :P). Even the little mimics were giving me a pretty hard time at first but I've learnt how to deal with them now.

Well at least the turrets leave me alone and I can use them against the Typhon.

And yeah the game is pretty challenging even on Normal, fighting anything above standard mimics and phantoms is more or less suicide or at very least a waste of supplies. Though the Gloo Gun makes things somewhat manageable. I love how you can use the Gloo Gun to create paths and access areas you normally cannot.

I finally got the shotgun and a bunch of plans (including one for neuromods) so I'm feeling pretty good right now.

I like the goo gun :lol:

Besides the game is quite small, can be completed within 8 hrs.

Are you sure? I'm already about 8 hours in and I think I'm halfway through. I'm hearing the game is at least 20 hours long.

Big difficulty spike in (area name spoiler)

Deep Storage

. I can't even imagine how it would be on hard. Some of these enemies are extremely aggressive.

Are the missions time/progression sensitive?

(Mild Spoiler)

Like the December mission if I go ahead into GUTS, will the mission disappear/fail?

Some side missions are time sensitive, you'll see a timer next to them in the Objectives tab.

The one that you're talking about though (AFAIK) isn't time sensitive but possibly progression sensitive. I suggest doing it before you go into G.U.T.S.. That's how I did it anyway. It's also pretty cool that some of the side missions are quite revelatory. I'm sure I would have missed some very important story related stuff if I had just stuck to the main story path.

BTW the game gets quite challenging in the latter half...

right now the entire station is swarming with Typhon, fighting them head on is pretty much suicide and not efficient at all. I'm just running and sneaking past everything.

I like the goo gun :lol:

Besides the game is quite small, can be completed within 8 hrs.

8hrs is kinda hard to believe but I'm guessing you can do it if you just power through the main objectives while cutting down the exploration to a bare minimum.

Personally, I would never play it that way (where's the fun in that?). But yeah, whatever floats your boat man :P

Big difficulty spike in (area name spoiler)

Deep Storage

. I can't even imagine how it would be on hard. Some of these enemies are extremely aggressive.

Thanks for the heads up. Will try to stock up on resources before I head there.

I like how the resources are pretty scarce. Feels almost survival-horrorish.

Ohh and I just got the Q-beam which is f**king awesome! Now if only I can get my hands on the Q-beam ammo fabrication plans.

I finally got the shotgun and a bunch of plans (including one for neuromods) so I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Didn't you get the pre-order bonus shotgun in Morgan's office?

The game keeps telling me to grab items from there but I never found them. Are they in the safe? Because I already looted that. Anyway, having a shotgun that early in the game would have been great.

I think I might be heading towards some kind of a point of no return, I'm thinking of wrapping up the open side missions, however Talos I is much more dangerous to traverse now. I do think that the game goes somewhat overboard with the enemy placements. I'm also not too fond of the camera shake / distortion and audio cues when enemies spot you. I understand they want to induce panic when you face them but it gets somewhat tiresome later on. The audio mix is also quite strange, some of the music and sound effects are too loud. I do love the soundtrack though. Mick Gordon knocks it out of the park again.

Archived