Dead Rising 4

Heaven Angel

Completed the game yesterday. Just like the last one, this was a very entertaining game. I feel like it captured the whole Christmas-y vibe really well. I should have retained it for that time, but caved in with the whole Halloween mood. Anyhoo, this has got to be the worst in terms of performance on the PC. It could barely hold a stable frame rate. I literally had to drop down to 'Medium' settings with most of the additional effects like Bloom. Ambient Occlusion, Subsurface scattering etc. to OFF. That's when I could manage a decent playable frame rate. And they say the Dead Rising 3 was optimized. I mean, after turning down a few minor settings on it, I cruised through DR3  comfortably on my rig. I'm guessing this stupid engine which Capcom Vancouver uses is a complete dead end. They should have stuck to MT Framework.

As for the game itself, most of the essential stuff was present from the previous games and with some new additions like the Exo Suit was a good change for Zombie slaying. Though I wish they would have given an option to have a stat to have unlimited use of that suit. It's good to have Frank back in the game as the previous protagonist was dull as a stick. The new VO for Frank did a commendable job. The best part was that there was no timer in this game and that is how I wanted it to be right from the beginning. These type of games demand time to explore the areas and progress gradually. Hence, this was a welcome change. 

I managed to hit level 86 by the time I ended by base game playthrough. Yet to try out Frank Rising DLC, which I'll probably do in a day or two. Good game, just wish it was properly optimized. 

• 1 month later...

Archived