State of Decay 2

ScrewyAurum

So what 4k 60? Jus cuz its 4k 60,its worth buying? Or satisfactory? Or worth defending? Then DS remastered is a must buy cuz 4k+60+ 6 player pvp + better lighting

Do you expect a $60 game with same old gameplay, broken 4 player co-op in mid-2018 when people are pushing for 100 player pvp?

It doesn't stack unless you make a new account. 

1 hour ago, Nr.Draca47 said:

So what 4k 60? Jus cuz its 4k 60,its worth buying? Or satisfactory? Or worth defending? Then DS remastered is a must buy cuz 4k+60+ 6 player pvp + better lighting

Do you expect a $60 game with same old gameplay, broken 4 player co-op in mid-2018 when people are pushing for 100 player pvp?

Its $30.

1 hour ago, Nr.Draca47 said:

/s went over your head... 

PC Configuration Requirements for State of Decay 2 Released

Minimum

Architecture: x64, X64

DirectX: Version 11

Memory: 8 GB

Video Memory: 2 GB

Processor: AMD FX-6300 | Intel i5-2500 @ 2.7GHz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 | AMD Radeon HD 7870

Recomended

Architecture: x64, X64

DirectX: Version 11

Memory: 16 GB

Video Memory: 4 GB

Processor: AMD FX-8350 | Intel i5 4570 @ 3.2 GHz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | AMD Radeon R9 380

link

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews out.

OpenCritic: 68

• State of Decay 2 builds upon Undead Labs' original cult classic about surviving a zombie apocalypse, and in many ways, it's bigger and better than its predecessor. In other ways, however, it's too similar to said predecessor, resulting in an experience that often feels like it could have been deeper or more ambitious.
  • State of Decay 2 is imperfect, but it's still a very good time. The presentation may not be up to snuff and the AI can be a hindrance, but the overall experience is fulfilling enough that you'll overlook those shortcomings. There aren't many games that execute the community aspect so well or are as accessible to those who aren't deeply into survival titles. It's a good experience for newcomers but still satisfying for those who loved the first game.
  • If you're looking for a compelling and atmospheric take on the zombie genre that's more Walking Dead than Left 4 Dead, State of Decay 2 is an imperfect but enjoyable sequel to the superior original. The gameplay loop of scavenging, crafting and killing can begin to wear thin, but the human element is capable of pulling you back in. Tackling the world with others in tow may decimate the game's carefully constructed atmosphere, but those multiplayer shenanigans will probably be wild enough to distract from the host of technical issues that simply refuse to die.
  • State of Decay 2 isn't a bad game but it doubles down on too much of the first game's failings. For newcomers, the repetitive combat and mission variety, glitches and lack of polish can be a turnoff but the base-building and survivor management manage to shine.
  • If you can deal with a healthy dose of bugs, State of Decay 2 is an extremely satisfying and unpredictable management sim with a solid action-survival game laid on top. The sequel's improved UI, new multiplayer component, and additional maps help it stand out from its predecessor, even if the moment-to-moment is largely the same.
  • State of Decay 2 comes together as a game that feels designed for players who like to make checklists and chip away at long-term tasks. That notion might sound contradictory to existence in a zombie apocalypse, where death comes fast and often, but engaging with the game from this perspective makes its rough edges seem more like minor smudges. State of Decay 2's unique approach to survival and management might not appeal to everyone, but it certainly feels like an instant cult classic.
  • State of Decay 2's zombie-infested maps are good places to scavenge, fight, and survive in. Combat is satisfyingly brutal and the special zombies inspire some real fear of permanent death, even though the Blood Plague turns out to be more of a sniffle. But the bugs are just as persistent as the zombies, and after a dozen or so hours the repetition of both eventually take their toll, making the appeal of replaying feel more limited than I'd expected for a sandbox RPG.
  • I had a lot of fun with State of Decay 2… when it was all working. Its core gameplay loop is repetitive, but there's a sense of satisfaction in seeing your community move from a small base with no water and power to a dominant force in the town capable of sustaining itself on its own that kept driving me forward.
  • State of Decay 2 confidently reaches the series' potential as the ultimate zombie survival sim, even if it hits a few familiar bumps in the road on the way there.
  • State of Decay 2 is a nice game and it looks good, but it has a considerable amount of errors that take away much of its brightness. It is nice that the events that happen within your game are a consequence of the actions of each player, giving that feeling that each of their actions is unrepeatable. Spending most of the game looking for resources in coolers, kitchens, farms and other places, is annoying and takes away much of the fun that can be the game becoming a slow and repetitive activity.
  • State of Decay 2 is every bit as fun and rough as the first game was in 2013. It feels like a game that would have massively benefited from additional resources during development given its numerous technical shortcomings, but even so, its core (improved in this sequel) remains unique and fun to play, especially with friends. It's one of those titles that can be described as being more than the sum of its parts.
  • It's quite simple. If you loved the first game, you'll appreciate the changes, like a more structured take on base building and community management. There are fantastic systems, hampered by repetitive and shallow gameplay that ultimately feels pointless. State of Decay 2's scale and lower price don't quite make up for its lack of polish.

Worth trying via Game Pass. More fun with friends. 

Ghoul me once - a soggy open-world loot-'em-up with catastrophic bugs

RhIhvap.png

There are times when State of Decay 2 is so buggy that it stops being a stodgy post-apocalyptic looting game and transforms into metatextual horror theatre. At one point during a fight outside a barn, a juggernaut zombie hits me so hard that the UI vanishes, as though punched clean out of my character's skull. I try to speak to another human faction leader later, selecting unseen dialogue options at random, and accidentally trigger a civil war. The game features an extravagant array of injury types, from torn discs to punctured organs, and I half-wonder whether the developer is actually simulating the effects of a head wound through the very interface. How long will it last? Is this some unlockable hardcore option I'm not aware of?

None of that's nearly enough to save the game, however, even if you're new to the series. State of Decay 2 is a poor return on the scruffy promise of its predecessor, which topped Xbox Live Arcade charts largely, I suspect, for its resemblance to DayZ. It tantalises with the thought of raggedy everyday heroes pooling their myriad talents to survive, only to quantify and busywork all that out of existence. Its resource and scavenging elements are as suffocating as its social elements are underplayed. It's saying quite a lot that the bugs, in the end, are the things I remember most strongly about it - accidental windows upon an experience that is less sluggish and dreary and, well, less of a zombie.

Damn. 

1 hour ago, hope said:

waah ek aur klpd :rofl: 

Sea of thieves got company now  :rofl:

Ajeeb pagal company hai yaar :rofl::rofl:

KLPD? Kiska, you had a KL for it to then become KLPD?

24 minutes ago, L33TWiZaRd said:

KLPD? Kiska, you had a KL for it to then become KLPD?

MS ka klpd ho gaya. Bhut confidence tha shitty policies mein , ho gya na ab dhokha.

Hopefully we get a new ip like a Halo or Gears this E3. If Sony can why can't MS do it.

If anyone interested for co op, add me up. Can't trust ppl on random ppl on XBL, seen a couple of guys joined others in party which I was invited to, they looted med kits, supplies of other players(host) and left for their own benefit(for storing their own house) :rofl: 
Why design such a thing where it can just rip people off for supplies and disinterest them from playing further with no hopes as supplies are the only thing that runs the game :wallbash:  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived