Shadoken

Actually not too bad. Will try it. 

Note that the mod is rather janky and it has a bunch of downsides, including:

• This only works with the international release of RE8. It doesn't work with the Japanese version (that version has a unique executable, and since I don't own it, I can't update the mod for it).
  • This will stop working once RE8 is patched. Then I'll need to update the trainer feature with new addresses.
  • It can be difficult to interact with certain objects if the camera is too high or too low. You can temporarily change to first person to interact with these items.
  • If you shoot without aiming then character will not be facing the right way (this can be fixed if I find a memory address that is true whenever the player is shooting).
  • Camera position when aiming with a sniper rifle is a bit off (this can be fixed if I find a memory address indicating what type of gun the player is holding).
  • Crouching looks really bad (maybe this can be fixed by swapping animations).
  • Crouching while moving and aiming looks VERY bad. I'm not sure how to fix this.
  • Many animations will look goofy. The game simply wasn't made for third person so this isn't surprising.
  • There's some weird stuttering with the player position just as you start moving (very noticeable if you repeatedly strafe left and right). Not sure if that's fixable.
  • Because of the above mod adding a head mesh to Ethan, first person view doesn't work very well.
  • The camera can easily clip through walls. Fixing this is would be very difficult as the camera would need to do collision checking. 

15 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Actually not too bad. Will try it. 

Note that the mod is rather janky and it has a bunch of downsides, including:

• This only works with the international release of RE8. It doesn't work with the Japanese version (that version has a unique executable, and since I don't own it, I can't update the mod for it).
  • This will stop working once RE8 is patched. Then I'll need to update the trainer feature with new addresses.
  • It can be difficult to interact with certain objects if the camera is too high or too low. You can temporarily change to first person to interact with these items.
  • If you shoot without aiming then character will not be facing the right way (this can be fixed if I find a memory address that is true whenever the player is shooting).
  • Camera position when aiming with a sniper rifle is a bit off (this can be fixed if I find a memory address indicating what type of gun the player is holding).
  • Crouching looks really bad (maybe this can be fixed by swapping animations).
  • Crouching while moving and aiming looks VERY bad. I'm not sure how to fix this.
  • Many animations will look goofy. The game simply wasn't made for third person so this isn't surprising.
  • There's some weird stuttering with the player position just as you start moving (very noticeable if you repeatedly strafe left and right). Not sure if that's fixable.
  • Because of the above mod adding a head mesh to Ethan, first person view doesn't work very well.
  • The camera can easily clip through walls. Fixing this is would be very difficult as the camera would need to do collision checking. 

Have you played the normal game yet, unmodded?