Big Boss

Marvel's Spider-man [READ OP BEFORE POSTING]

10 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Having a discussion based on the gameplay available and interviews is moaning. 

Maybe OKAY for you who plays 1-2 games a year and bais over exclusives.  

action adventure game

less than 10 hours

call of duty

0ez7gFL.png

Looks like PlayStation deluded army has arrived. 

Well the pattern is across threads :P

PlayStation deluded army :lol: That was a quick burn. So some people are willing to discuss your points and you call them that. Dayum. Thats Zodak level stuff.

Joe the new Zodak is a good custom title i think :P

Edited by hope
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

hope doesn't count

JWAYcdT.gif

disagree with you on one game and they are automatically "deluded PS army".

Not really. Feel free to disagree and have a discussion as that's what forums are for than writing something deluded like - Go play Call of Duty if you want action-adventure. 

If one doesn't know what the game even offers or has any idea, maybe he/she shouldn't be jumping in other people's discussion. My point was directed toward your question "What would be your approx idea of a good implementation then?" but some deluded PS fans couldn't keep up. JWAYcdT.gif

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Fair enough. What would be your approx idea of a good implementation then?

Story-based side quests for one.

From what I've seen and read, the side-quests seem to be your typical open-world busy work featuring collectibles, outposts and a small set of radiant quests (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). How quickly this gets old depends on who you ask.

Now I'm personally fine with this. Give me enjoyable gameplay and a fascinating world with some rewarding exploration and I'm good. Heck, I put in 40-50hrs on Mad Max :lol: 

But wouldn't it be nice to have some story-based side quests to give some context to your day-to-day superhero hijinks?

4 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

So two people(hope doesn't count) disagree with you on one game and they are automatically "deluded PS army".

true that quixigote bhai.  I m in the PlayStation army :P

2 minutes ago, hope said:

PlayStation deluded army  That was a quick burn. So some people are willing to discuss your points and you call them that. Dayum. Joe the new Zodak 

Yes, very insightful discussion with "Something like call of duty." 

1 minute ago, STICK3Rboy said:

From what I've seen and read, the side-quests seem to be your typical open-world busy work featuring collectibles, outposts and a small set of radiant quests (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). How quickly this gets old depends on who you ask.

Now I'm personally fine with this. Give me enjoyable gameplay and a fascinating world with some rewarding exploration and I'm good. Heck, I put in 40-50hrs on Mad Max :lol: 

But wouldn't it be nice to have some story-based side quests to give some context to your day-to-day superhero hijinks?

Not allowed. Don't moan. Just suck it up and settle for less because...exclusive. JWAYcdT.gif

Have to agree with Joe, a superhero game should be linear. There was a Spiderman game that released long back, around 2002 if I'm not mistaken. That was the best spiderman game I've played and it was completely linear.

Yeah 

14 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Nah story based side quests are the worst because you can't ignore them. Unless you mean side quests having their own story. Most of the stuff looks optional so if you don't enjoy them then just do the story and move on. I finished AK 100% because I loved the combat (even car combat) and traversal, then rebought deluxe edition but it was from different region so had to start from scratch, which I didn't mind at all. Now Shadow of War, that is fking slog to go through. 

17 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Unless you mean side quests having their own story.

Yeah, this is what I meant. Completely optional side-quests with their own stories that have nothing to do with the main story.

57 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Not really. Feel free to disagree and have a discussion as that's what forums are for than writing something deluded like - Go play Call of Duty if you want action-adventure. 

Okay, that's indeed a poor choice for a  statement.

If this was Zodak, Hope or anybody else frashing a game which hasnt released yet, they would gotten a warning or a temporary ban by now. 

1 minute ago, HEMAN said:

If this was Zodak, Hope or anybody else frashing a game which hasnt released yet, they would gotten a warning or a temporary ban by now. 

Imagine thinking-discussing the gameplay which is shown and covering the interview is farshing. JWAYcdT.gif 

Literally dissected the video shown and covered the points from the interview. 

Anyone remember Sunset Overdrive? This seems to be that with web slinging for traversal. I loved the traversal in SO and I am sure it is going to be beyond amazing in Spiderman. But is that all that is needed in a 60$ game to justify a buy on Day 1?

Not entirely sure if I will ever get around to finishing it as the story mechanics and all the stuff shown so far just looks like mundane tasks added in to increase the playtime and looks like unnecessary grinding to unlock powers. Hopefully you start off with all the powers and only need to unlock a more badass version of said powers.

Overall, from what has been show so far, it all looks pretty weak. Hope the devs come out with some more videos showing other aspects of the game before release. Otherwise, I am sure that I will tire out from all the webslinging and put this game down to never go back.

But I will definitely be picking this up like I did with SO just to enjoy the traversal. Looks like wait for a sale type of game for me personally or maybe Sony will be kind enough to give another 20% discount code in September. Have put these codes to good use in the past with God of War, Yakuza 6 and Detroit :D

@Joe Cool This is IVG, leave our Sony exclusives alone you monster :lol:

P.S: I also expect this to get higher scores than SO from several reviewers while they draw comparison to SO but never bothering to go into details as to why this is better and deserves the higher score besides the obvious reason :P

Edited by L33TWiZaRd

The Xbox Army is marching now after General Joe broke the creasefire  :P

Actually I'm guessing Spiderman would've gotten a lot more praise here if it was NOT a Sony exclusive, instead of same 4 people praising it and the rest either ignoring it or drive-bying.

SO got boring after few hours and from what couple of youtubers said (swinging is not skill based like old Spidey games) this will get boring too after 10 hours if all you do is press R2 and X to swing around. Hopefully that's not all you can do.

13 minutes ago, L33TWiZaRd said:

Anyone remember Sunset Overdrive? This seems to be that with web slinging for traversal. I loved the traversal in SO and I am sure it is going to be beyond amazing in Spiderman. But is that all that is needed in a 60$ game to justify a buy on Day 1?

Not entirely sure if I will ever get around to finishing it as the story mechanics and all the stuff shown so far just looks like mundane tasks added in to increase the playtime and looks like unnecessary grinding to unlock powers. Hopefully you start off with all the powers and only need to unlock a more badass version of said powers.

Overall, from what has been show so far, it all looks pretty weak. Hope the devs come out with some more videos showing other aspects of the game before release. Otherwise, I am sure that I will tire out from all the webslinging and put this game down to never go back.

But I will definitely be picking this up like I did with SO just to enjoy the traversal. Looks like wait for a sale type of game for me personally or maybe Sony will be kind enough to give another 20% discount code in September. Have put these codes to good use in the past with God of War, Yakuza 6 and Detroit :D

@Joe Cool This is IVG, leave our Sony exclusives alone you monster :lol:

P.S: I also expect this to get higher scores than SO from several reviewers while they draw comparison to SO but never bothering to go into details as to why this is better and deserves the higher score besides the obvious reason :P

lol u even bought detroit day one. Apparently the only thing needed to buy a 60$ game day one is a discount coupon :P

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

Actually I'm guessing Spiderman would've gotten a lot more praise here if it was NOT a Sony exclusive, instead of same 4 people praising it and the rest either ignoring it or drive-bying.

SO got boring after few hours and from what couple of youtubers said (swinging is not skill based like old Spidey games) this will get boring too after 10 hours if all you do is press R2 and X to swing around. Hopefully that's not all you can do.

SO got boring real quick as well, hope Isomniac has learnt from SO and made this better. I can get why they did not make swinging skill based as that would really put off the casual audience who will be buying this game. But at the same time, I hope they have retained some amount of skill based game-play elsewhere.

Otherwise, after you pull the same execution for the 100th time, you will definitely be bored and this seems to be growing trend with so many games off late.

@hope Xbox Army? What a delightful comment to add to the discussion :rolleyes:

Just now, waveking said:

lol u even bought detroit day one. Apparently the only thing needed to buy a 60$ game day one is a discount coupon :P

I did, gotta support the devs. Xbox or Sony, I don't discriminate, they all get my money :hypocrite:

And since I pay for it, I get to bitch about it :D

20% discount + Pacino cards = 2400rs for day 1 digital. I would buy it at that price too.

Except Detroit because meh..

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

20% discount + Pacino cards = 2400rs for day 1 digital. I would buy it at that price too.

Except Detroit because meh..

So true but Xbox works out to be whole lot expensive though :( 

Detroit is pretty cool, should check it out when it is on sale next or probably get a deal on a disc or something. Plenty of WTF! moments in the game depending on your play style. The Android in the main menu itself is worth the price of admission. Soooo pretty :wub:

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

This so much. The swinging mechanic is super awesome and game looks great till now but it will get boring after a while doing the same thing.

Thats why i will wait for reviews on this. Its a maybe on Spidey Buy.