Marvel's Spider-Man

Big Boss

15 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Amazing. Brilliant. How?

Just swing around and save/beat people? Because that's what all videos been.

What do superheroes do apart from roam around, beat bad guys/gals and save people?

1 minute ago, quixote_1989 said:

What do superheroes do apart from roam around, beat bad guys/gals and save people?

It depends on how it is implemented. No one wants never-ending boring radiant quest design just so they can add XP/unlock/upgrade stuff and pad the game. 

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

It depends on how it is implemented. No one wants never-ending boring radiant quest design just so they can add XP/unlock/upgrade stuff and pad the game. 

Fair enough. What would be your approx idea of a good implementation then?

I am already more than impressed with the videos they have showed so far. IMO Insomniac has delivered on its creativity and gameplay. If this game is successful, the developer will be encouraged to make more improvements in the sequel. Not a wise idea to put too much in one game. It may kill the charm. 

@Joe Cool imagine that you are a developer, you will have to make difficult  decisions and face dilemmas. As a customer, it is easy as you feel that your voice is the general consensus of the customer base.

Edited by Mysteryman

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

Good thing swinging and combat will be what you'll do for 90% of the time.  

This.

I mean, it's a Spiderman game which seems to have pretty good combat and swinging mechanics and that is still somehow not good? At what point do the expectations get ridiculous?

1 minute ago, adity said:

Core gameplay is really important but there is more to a game than that. We still don't know how deep the combat will be. I really liked the core gameplay of Mad Max both the hand to hand combat and the car combat but was quite tired of it after 10 hours or so

I wasn't till the very end, so I guess I just have low expectations. And I'm glad it is so, this way I get to be more entertained.

1 minute ago, quixote_1989 said:

I wasn't till the very end, so I guess I just have low expectations. And I'm glad it is so, this way I get to be more entertained.

Always best to keep your expectations low. That way you will be positively surprised from what the game offers. Problem is that customers have high expectations and entitlement to the best stuff hence getting disappointed in the end. 

Just now, quixote_1989 said:

Fair enough. What would be your approx idea of a good implementation then?

For me, don't make everything open-world. 

If one cannot match Rockstar level of the open world stuff then don't do it. As much I dislike GTA V, they at least have put in a lot of content in their open world without really have many restrictions.
Instant fun anytime anywhere without having to run around, grind XP, unlock...and get bored before even reaching the endpoint. This is where I quit inFamous. A gorgeous world, fun combat but tedious world and design. 

Action-adventure games should stay with action-adventure without trying to add in RPG elements. Customization, progression, stats, numbers, open world for the sake of padding the time, etc are not required at all. 

It's a superhero game. Let us enjoy without having anything to grind and unlock. Have a good story and that's more than enough. The interviews/Game Informer's coverage already reveals that the game has RPG elements and tied to skill unlock progression.

Plenty of unlocks and upgrades will surface over the course of the game to improve his movement.

This is a much more experienced Spider-Man. He’s been Spider-Man for eight years. His level of mastery when it comes to combat and tech—it’s like an elite athlete.

8 years experienced Spidey will have to learn how to swing properly and unlock his abilities...

Open world & side stuff:

• General crime - stop crimes around
  • Black Cat Stakeouts - find the cat around
  • Taskmaster Missions - communication devices around the city which give missions such as find a ticking bomb and other threats and clear it. Throwing a bomb in the air and shooting with web...
  • Oscorp Research Stations - speed-trial / investigation collecting samples.
  • Fisk Bases - basically Far Cry towers.
  • Peter’s Old Backpacks - find Peter’s old backpacks all over the city.

Tell me that sounds fun after 10 hours or so.

The game also has a lot of suits but I don't have info on how much time each take to unlock. Hopefully not much or too long.

9 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Always best to keep your expectations low. That way you will be positively surprised from what the game offers. Problem is that customers have high expectations and entitlement to the best stuff hence getting disappointed in the end. 

That's like settling for mediocrity. 

You are paying the same. No reason to have low expectation just so you don't get disappointed. Rather have high expectation and let them know so they can improve instead of being held down. 

27 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

For me, don't make everything open-world. 

If one cannot match Rockstar level of the open world stuff then don't do it. As much I dislike GTA V, they at least have put in a lot of content in their open world without really have many restrictions.
Instant fun anytime anywhere without having to run around, grind XP, unlock...and get bored before even reaching the endpoint. This is where I quit inFamous. A gorgeous world, fun combat but tedious world and design. 

Action-adventure games should stay with action-adventure without trying to add in RPG elements. Customization, progression, stats, numbers, open world for the sake of padding the time, etc are not required at all. 

It's a superhero game. Let us enjoy without having anything to grind and unlock. Have a good story and that's more than enough. The interviews/Game Informer's coverage already reveals that the game has RPG elements and tied to skill unlock progression.

Plenty of unlocks and upgrades will surface over the course of the game to improve his movement.

This is a much more experienced Spider-Man. He’s been Spider-Man for eight years. His level of mastery when it comes to combat and tech—it’s like an elite athlete.

8 years experienced Spidey will have to learn how to swing properly and unlock his abilities...

Open world & side stuff:

• General crime - stop crimes around
  • Black Cat Stakeouts - find the cat around
  • Taskmaster Missions - communication devices around the city which give missions such as find a ticking bomb and other threats and clear it. Throwing a bomb in the air and shooting with web...
  • Oscorp Research Stations - speed-trial / investigation collecting samples.
  • Fisk Bases - basically Far Cry towers.
  • Peter’s Old Backpacks - find Peter’s old backpacks all over the city.

Tell me that sounds fun after 10 hours or so.

The game also has a lot of suits but I don't have info on how much time each take to unlock. Hopefully not much or too long.

I don’t see anything that need to be implemented as per your standards. All I can see that you want an action adventure game that lasts less than 10 hrs. 

Do you enjoy the Arkham series? As this game takes some of its elements  If not, then this game is not for you. 

Edited by Mysteryman

Having a discussion based on the gameplay available and interviews is moaning. 

Maybe OKAY for you who plays 1-2 games a year and bais over exclusives.  

Just now, Mysteryman said:

I don’t see anything that need to be implemented as per your standards. All I can see that you want an action adventure game that lasts less than 10 hrs. Something like call of duty. 

action adventure game

less than 10 hours

call of duty

0ez7gFL.png

Looks like PlayStation deluded army has arrived. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, adity said:

Personally, I found watch dogs 2 to be the best open world game I've ever played. 

Because it was one of the best. The elevation from W_D and W_D2 was very well done. The abilities and design structure kept the game fun throughout. 

28 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

That is setting waay too high a standard man.

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

So two people(hope doesn't count) disagree with you on one game and they are automatically "deluded PS army".

11 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

action adventure game

less than 10 hours

call of duty

0ez7gFL.png

My mistake - not call of duty. Since it is a superhero game, open world environment works best for it. 

Also so I don’t see the connection between call of duty and playstation fan. 

Edited by Mysteryman

10 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

action adventure game

less than 10 hours

call of duty

0ez7gFL.png

Well the pattern is across threads :P

PlayStation deluded army :lol: That was a quick burn. So some people are willing to discuss your points and you call them that. Dayum. Thats Zodak level stuff.

Joe the new Zodak is a good custom title i think :P

Edited by hope
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

hope doesn't count

JWAYcdT.gif

disagree with you on one game and they are automatically "deluded PS army".

Not really. Feel free to disagree and have a discussion as that's what forums are for than writing something deluded like - Go play Call of Duty if you want action-adventure. 

If one doesn't know what the game even offers or has any idea, maybe he/she shouldn't be jumping in other people's discussion. My point was directed toward your question "What would be your approx idea of a good implementation then?" but some deluded PS fans couldn't keep up. JWAYcdT.gif