Marvel's Spider-Man

Big Boss

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Fair enough. What would be your approx idea of a good implementation then?

Story-based side quests for one.

From what I've seen and read, the side-quests seem to be your typical open-world busy work featuring collectibles, outposts and a small set of radiant quests (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). How quickly this gets old depends on who you ask.

Now I'm personally fine with this. Give me enjoyable gameplay and a fascinating world with some rewarding exploration and I'm good. Heck, I put in 40-50hrs on Mad Max :lol: 

But wouldn't it be nice to have some story-based side quests to give some context to your day-to-day superhero hijinks?

4 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

So two people(hope doesn't count) disagree with you on one game and they are automatically "deluded PS army".

true that quixigote bhai.  I m in the PlayStation army :P

2 minutes ago, hope said:

PlayStation deluded army  That was a quick burn. So some people are willing to discuss your points and you call them that. Dayum. Joe the new Zodak 

Yes, very insightful discussion with "Something like call of duty." 

1 minute ago, STICK3Rboy said:

From what I've seen and read, the side-quests seem to be your typical open-world busy work featuring collectibles, outposts and a small set of radiant quests (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). How quickly this gets old depends on who you ask.

Now I'm personally fine with this. Give me enjoyable gameplay and a fascinating world with some rewarding exploration and I'm good. Heck, I put in 40-50hrs on Mad Max :lol: 

But wouldn't it be nice to have some story-based side quests to give some context to your day-to-day superhero hijinks?

Not allowed. Don't moan. Just suck it up and settle for less because...exclusive. JWAYcdT.gif

Yeah 

14 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Nah story based side quests are the worst because you can't ignore them. Unless you mean side quests having their own story. Most of the stuff looks optional so if you don't enjoy them then just do the story and move on. I finished AK 100% because I loved the combat (even car combat) and traversal, then rebought deluxe edition but it was from different region so had to start from scratch, which I didn't mind at all. Now Shadow of War, that is fking slog to go through. 

17 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Unless you mean side quests having their own story.

Yeah, this is what I meant. Completely optional side-quests with their own stories that have nothing to do with the main story.

57 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Not really. Feel free to disagree and have a discussion as that's what forums are for than writing something deluded like - Go play Call of Duty if you want action-adventure. 

Okay, that's indeed a poor choice for a  statement.

1 minute ago, HEMAN said:

If this was Zodak, Hope or anybody else frashing a game which hasnt released yet, they would gotten a warning or a temporary ban by now. 

Imagine thinking-discussing the gameplay which is shown and covering the interview is farshing. JWAYcdT.gif 

Literally dissected the video shown and covered the points from the interview. 

Anyone remember Sunset Overdrive? This seems to be that with web slinging for traversal. I loved the traversal in SO and I am sure it is going to be beyond amazing in Spiderman. But is that all that is needed in a 60$ game to justify a buy on Day 1?

Not entirely sure if I will ever get around to finishing it as the story mechanics and all the stuff shown so far just looks like mundane tasks added in to increase the playtime and looks like unnecessary grinding to unlock powers. Hopefully you start off with all the powers and only need to unlock a more badass version of said powers.

Overall, from what has been show so far, it all looks pretty weak. Hope the devs come out with some more videos showing other aspects of the game before release. Otherwise, I am sure that I will tire out from all the webslinging and put this game down to never go back.

But I will definitely be picking this up like I did with SO just to enjoy the traversal. Looks like wait for a sale type of game for me personally or maybe Sony will be kind enough to give another 20% discount code in September. Have put these codes to good use in the past with God of War, Yakuza 6 and Detroit :D

@Joe Cool This is IVG, leave our Sony exclusives alone you monster :lol:

P.S: I also expect this to get higher scores than SO from several reviewers while they draw comparison to SO but never bothering to go into details as to why this is better and deserves the higher score besides the obvious reason :P

Edited by L33TWiZaRd

Actually I'm guessing Spiderman would've gotten a lot more praise here if it was NOT a Sony exclusive, instead of same 4 people praising it and the rest either ignoring it or drive-bying.

SO got boring after few hours and from what couple of youtubers said (swinging is not skill based like old Spidey games) this will get boring too after 10 hours if all you do is press R2 and X to swing around. Hopefully that's not all you can do.

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

Actually I'm guessing Spiderman would've gotten a lot more praise here if it was NOT a Sony exclusive, instead of same 4 people praising it and the rest either ignoring it or drive-bying.

SO got boring after few hours and from what couple of youtubers said (swinging is not skill based like old Spidey games) this will get boring too after 10 hours if all you do is press R2 and X to swing around. Hopefully that's not all you can do.

SO got boring real quick as well, hope Isomniac has learnt from SO and made this better. I can get why they did not make swinging skill based as that would really put off the casual audience who will be buying this game. But at the same time, I hope they have retained some amount of skill based game-play elsewhere.

Otherwise, after you pull the same execution for the 100th time, you will definitely be bored and this seems to be growing trend with so many games off late.

@hope Xbox Army? What a delightful comment to add to the discussion :rolleyes:

Just now, waveking said:

lol u even bought detroit day one. Apparently the only thing needed to buy a 60$ game day one is a discount coupon :P

I did, gotta support the devs. Xbox or Sony, I don't discriminate, they all get my money :hypocrite:

And since I pay for it, I get to bitch about it :D

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

20% discount + Pacino cards = 2400rs for day 1 digital. I would buy it at that price too.

Except Detroit because meh..

So true but Xbox works out to be whole lot expensive though :( 

Detroit is pretty cool, should check it out when it is on sale next or probably get a deal on a disc or something. Plenty of WTF! moments in the game depending on your play style. The Android in the main menu itself is worth the price of admission. Soooo pretty :wub:

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

This so much. The swinging mechanic is super awesome and game looks great till now but it will get boring after a while doing the same thing.

Thats why i will wait for reviews on this. Its a maybe on Spidey Buy.

21 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

For me, don't make everything open-world. 

If one cannot match Rockstar level of the open world stuff then don't do it. As much I dislike GTA V, they at least have put in a lot of content in their open world without really have many restrictions.

If you think about it, a spiderman game deserves open world .... the whole USP of a spidey game is to swing across manhattan, leaping across tall buildings.  So they had to put in that much of effort to create a open city if they actually wanted to do justice to the source material.   Now, having an open world, without anything to do would also attracts lot of criticism , so they pad it with fetch quests (aka busywork).   Have they said anywhere it's mandatory / blocks progress ? It would be mostly optional, and you should be still able to complete the game without doing any of it (my guess).  Investing in story based side quests is most probably a budget decision, since it would require lot more investment in level design, voice over etc (assuming you are talking witcher 3 / fallout kind of story based of side quests).  They are good, but not really necessary to enjoy a super hero action/adventure game.

R* level of openness, again, is not needed in these kind of games.  The city itself is like a character in R* games.  The whole point of games like GTA is the open world.  The story/characters etc are all something to just to play around with it(which also explains their amazing success with GTA V MP).  But the focus of this game is Spidey, the villains,  and most probably the story.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, L33TWiZaRd said:

So true but Xbox works out to be whole lot expensive though :( 

Detroit is pretty cool, should check it out when it is on sale next or probably get a deal on a disc or something. Plenty of WTF! moments in the game depending on your play style. The Android in the main menu itself is worth the price of admission. Soooo pretty :wub:

Yeah maybe when its sub-$20 or something.

Web hanging- https://clips.twitch.tv/CoyDeterminedAntMikeHogu

• A charged/higher jump ability was strongly hinted as being an unlockable ability or suit power but it is not confirmed
  • There are more finisher animations in the final game (only 5 where added to the demo)
  • There are more swinging/traversal animations in the final game
  • There is a specific animation for running up fire escapes (and it's awesome!)
  • The "perfect dodge" that makes Spidey fire a web while dive rolling/One arm back handspring is in the final game but was not unlocked in the demo
  • There will be multiple unlockable skills such as perfect dodge, ground pound etc
  • There will be unlockable gadgets we have not seen yet
  • Peter Parker will not be playable in the open world but he will have indoor missions that involve his job as a scientist (already confirmed)
  • There will be open world side missions involving other well-known villains
  • Peter's backpacks will have voiceovers and reviewable items in the menu giving context to his career so far
  • Brian mentioned that they are still fixing some small traversal bugs and even pointed out a couple he wanted fixing before the game launches 
  • The Fisk hideouts and Demon bases will be replayable and have bonus point parameters
  • The suit designs are unlocked during missions and side quests and the crafting parts for them are unlocked separately
  • The Iron Spider metal arms where hinted at as being the suit power but not confirmed
  • You can web hang from any ceiling or surface and use gadgets and you can also crawl on ceilings
  • Not all suit upgrades are combat based
  • You can use the environment interaction button to disarm enemies and hit them with their own weapon
  • The web blossom is not actually the advanced suit’s ability, it’s been swapped onto it from another suit for the E3 build
  • We got to see the demo location at Fisk construction tower in the open world
  • The combat is very varied and we got to see them add a web tripwire to a wall and then punch a guy into the air, activating the trap and sticking him to a wall 

___

• Previously announced 6 suits are just a SMALL part of a HUGE collection of suits inside the game.
  • Not all suits combat oriented, but some suits have different abilities.
  • The game takes place in few weeks, on October/November.
  • Aunt May is older than homecoming's May, younger than Sam Raimi's May
  • There will be multiple difficulty settings but it also depends on how good you can get at combat. (it's not easy to get good and devs actually thought about nerfing after seeing ppl's gameplay on e3.)
  • Look of the city will change as you progress with the main story.
  • The game is full of Marvel easter eggs like Avengers Tower, Sanctum Sanctorum, Hell's Kitchen. But they did not wanna reveal if we are gonna see any of them.
  • There is a skill tree and some powers/gadgets/suit powers are level based. There are many finisher moves but they don't wanna reveal just yet.
  • Central Park has many fun activities.
  • Time of the day is based on where you are at the story, but after you complete the game you have so much freedom to change day/night circle - weather and many things.
  • No symbiotes.
  • There are missions as you play Peter Parker. But you cant play as Peter on open world.
  • There are no loading times. (except for fast travel, I think? Not sure about this one.)

Edited by Heaven Angel