God of War

Big Boss

19 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Kratos would die halfway in the game, gane will fast forward by 10 years, the son will return with blade of chaos. Hack slash, hack slash, hack slash. 

I would bet my money on the other way round. :P

The footage looks cool so far but after Ascension I'd be cautiously optimistic. That game was crap.

I would bet my money on the other way round. [emoji14]
The footage looks cool so far but after Ascension I'd be cautiously optimistic. That game was crap.
Ya ascension was pretty un necessary. Though I still had fun [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kratos would die halfway in the game, gane will fast forward by 10 years, the son will return with blade of chaos. Hack slash, hack slash, hack slash. 
You are talking about the entire trilogy. [emoji23]

Kratos will die only by the end of the trilogy.

The dead stone mason in the picture is Thamur the father who got killed by Thor when looking for his son and the one you see standing in the background here:

God-of-War-2.jpg

is Harinthur with heart of a warrior instead of a builder and who quarreled with his father and fled beyond the wall which was supposed to protect them from Thor and he probably joined Thor's forces in order to halt Kratos. You can see in that scene that Harinthur is marching toward Kratos and his son while his killed father is buried under the snow his death caused with his hand still holding his hammer 

9 hours ago, Spacescreamer said:

1) One can milk the series only till a point. (Fatality Banality).

2) Not sure how the axe + nifty shield will fare in GoW scheme of things.

3) The emotional/relational aspect is tricky on many counts to pull off in a game.

4) Somehow the marquee ps4 games are looking more like a panorama set than a game.

5) God forbids if they go into an overdrive just cuz they wanna give the main character a closure.

6) The franchise has been such a blockbuster, it is a given that the game will garner 9+ ratings. How dearly one feels after finishing the game and putting the controller down, that is where true verdict gets revealed.

Cory.

And if this is milking a franchise...not sure what to call Ninty games then. To each his own...people have huge concerns on not able to jump too.

8 hours ago, AtheK said:

That I agree, also my grip with Sony, they shoukd have included the art book in ce Too. 

But thats the case for years now, even in PS3 era, all CE's used to have mini artbooks only. Would have been great if its included though.

But thats the case for years now, even in PS3 era, all CE's used to have mini artbooks only. Would have been great if its included though.
CE has statue but no mini artbook.

9 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

He is old now. To pull out those hack n slash moves like previous games Kratos has to be accompanied by some top quality physiotherapist instead of that boy. :P

:rofl:

6 hours ago, AtheK said:

Ya ascension was pretty un necessary. Though I still had fun emoji14.png

Same here ....even though it wasn't upto mark...was still fun imo

11 hours ago, krados said:

Cory.

And if this is milking a franchise...not sure what to call Ninty games then. To each his own...people have huge concerns on not able to jump too.

Nintendo games keep the name and general tone but usually overhaul the gameplay with each game, just like new GoW (I mean God of War) is doing. Milking would be if they had copied the gameplay and combat system from previous games. It was already stretched too thin over 6 games, which is why Ascension bombed and Sony didn't want to make another GoW until Cory convinced them it'll be an overhaul of entire system.

Personally not really bothered by missing jump button, never used it during combat because of that terrible monkey jumping animation. You still see him jumping during combat so it'll be tied to combo finishers I bet.  

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Nintendo games keep the name and general tone but usually overhaul the gameplay with each game, just like new GoW (I mean God of War) is doing. Milking would be if they had copied the gameplay and combat system from previous games. It was already stretched too thin over 6 games, which is why Ascension bombed and Sony didn't want to make another GoW until Cory convinced them it'll be an overhaul of entire system.

Personally not really bothered by missing jump button, never used it during combat because of that terrible monkey jumping animation. You still see him jumping during combat so it'll be tied to combo finishers I bet.  

Exactly, dont know how this is milking GoW. At the same time, Cory said in some interview is that GoW mean Kratos...and I completely agree with him. Dont want him to die and play as someone else mid-way or in a sequel :(

From their track record, there is no doubt that the game will look insane, game play as well as the general direction got the much needed revamped, norse setting looks quite interesting and Cory is back as director...what else can anyone want? Have seen only the two E3 trailers and those were sooooo good.(BTW, E3 2016 reveal was among the most memorable moments of my life!!!) Have read so many comments about people who never cared for GoW earlier were now looking forward to it.

I dont think even for ascension any god of war fan will find it worth skipping. Among all the GoW games, i think it had most depth in combat mechanics, boss fights and opening were superb, time manipulation mechanics were very well done and the game was a looker...fixed camera helped but still...

48 minutes ago, adity said:

People are idiots. People find a way to bitch and moan about everything. 

+1. I know this is what forums are for...but sometimes its so annoying...

23 hours ago, AtheK said:

CE has statue but no mini artbook.

Must be because of the other content. All CE usually contains just the statue and this mini artbook...they have opted for other things this time, I guess. iirc, the company who made Horizon CE's statue, has made the statue of this one, so quality will be good. Even the small Neca statue costs around 30-40$

Or may be this is just the fanboy in me, defending :P . Anyways, with all the info coming out next week once the preview embargo lifts...i'm not coming anywhere near this thread... :scarerun:

f**k the haters, please go play what you want. GOW is never enough, and though i did not like the way they aged the character(purely asthetical), it has grown on me now. This game will be f**ckin A, and for the ones who dont think it will be, good for you.

But all i would say to them is chose your destiny..

1340561327859825445.gif

1340561328188719653.gif

1340561328120119333.gif

1340561327575537445.gif

1340561328494814757.gif

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 4

f**k the haters, please go play what you want. GOW is never enough, and though i did not like the way they aged the character(purely asthetical), it has grown on me now. This game will be f**ckin A, and for the ones who dont think it will be, good for you.

But all i would say to them is chose your destiny..

1340561327859825445.gif

1340561328188719653.gif

1340561328120119333.gif

1340561327575537445.gif

1340561328494814757.gif

ye man f**k the haters.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

They really went overboard with the brutality in GOW3, though. :mellow:

Nope, we wanted more. They should have put Nathan drake and Chloe there too, sabko kaat dena chahiye tha.

• Like 1

I think the brutality in GOW 3 was spot on. There was so much rage and anticipation as a player that I wanted to beat the sh*t out of Zeus and the game lets you do it in such a brilliant way. I kept pressing O for like an hour at the last battle. I really liked Poseidon entry, dude goes supersonic into the water.